Default What Happened to the Court of Owls?

Hi,

I'm a bit lost, at the end of Batman Vol. 2, Batman kills "Lincoln March" who pretends to be his lost brother from years ago. And then the rest of the book goes on about Alfred's past with the court and all that.

Then in Batman Vol. 3 we just jump on to Joker's return and crazy plans for the Bat family. What happened to the court? I haven't read Vol. 4-6 but I'm pretty sure they aren't mentioned there.

Thanks

They were featured heavily in Talon for a while, had a few one-shots, and pop up near the end of Batman Eternal and then later in Endgame.

Lincoln March tried the same nonsense on Bruce again, the Owls were so embarrassed they locked him up in an ice tomb to be forgotten, for real this time.

Is Lincoln March not actually his brother? (I dropped Batman a while back)

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Nightwing View Post
    Is Lincoln March not actually his brother? (I dropped Batman a while back)
    I don't think it's been "officially" confirmed one way or the other, but he's certainly treated as an impostor in his later appearances.

Ok Thanks for that. I loved the Court of Owls arc but Lincoln March being related to Bruce was too much. Especially since William Cobb was related to Dick and IMO was a better storyline. Wish they would confirm it one way or the other

Quote Originally Posted by FHIZ View Post
    They were featured heavily in Talon for a while, had a few one-shots, and pop up near the end of Batman Eternal and then later in Endgame.
    Oh okay thank you. Is Talon worth a read? What does it cover, does it continue on from Batman Vol. 2?

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Nightwing View Post
    Ok Thanks for that. I loved the Court of Owls arc but Lincoln March being related to Bruce was too much. Especially since William Cobb was related to Dick and IMO was a better storyline. Wish they would confirm it one way or the other
    I'm pretty sure the Court was created as a villain for Dick when Snyder was writing 'Tec (they are shown in the Black Mirror) but then New 52 came along and Snyder was suddenly writing Bruce so he had to force in some Bruce connections, even though the Dick ones were much more organic, since they were the original plan.

Also Talon starts strong and gets worse with time (largely due to inconsistent/bad art changes) but also writing.