Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

It seems like a big shift in direction for these characters. I don't see how you go from powers activating killing whole school to superhero buddy room mates hang out with squirrel girl.

I actually thought Hickman just created these characters so he could kill them off in his event. They just seem a bit dull

Quote Originally Posted by Smoov-E View Post
    It's Greg Weisman so I'm in
    same here.

Quote Originally Posted by Shambles View Post
    It seems like a big shift in direction for these characters. I don't see how you go from powers activating killing whole school to superhero buddy room mates hang out with squirrel girl.
    I was about to say the say this. After the whole seriousness of Hickman's run I just can't see those two characters going to college in a lighthearted series.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shambles View Post

I actually thought Hickman just created these characters so he could kill them off in his event. They just seem a bit dull
    Makes sense to me. Kevin is socially awkward in a major way, and that can stand in the way of being a hero. Even Adam, who was practically born yesterday, recognizes that Kevin has to be more sociable and understanding of the people around him before he could be a real hero. His back story is actually one of a tragic villain, and there's no reason he still can't go that route. Empathy is important and given the choice, Kevin would probably avoid dealing with people as much as possible, avoid his problems, and throw himself into his superhero life to his own detriment, and potential the detriment of all those he's supposed to protect. As for Adam, he was never part of our world to begin with would absolutely attempt to try to integrate into the world he was assigned to protect. Together, Kevin learns to accept humanity in a way he's never done before and Adam finds his place in it. Or not. Find out soon!

From Philly but currently living iin San Francisco.

I don't think I'm gonna pick this up. Starbrand killed a lot of people at his last college and the Avengers just thought it was kill to let him go to a new one? Does Marvel not remember the whole reason the Civil War story line started? I never liked him in the Avengers and I hope that this series really addresses what went down at his old school. I'm pretty sure the Avengers covered up his involvement and the media blamed it on "those damn Muties".

I liked Star*Brand in Hickman's Avengers even if he disappeared after he and Night Mask joined them. I hope they and Squirrel Girll cross over a bit, maybe knowing that each other are superheroes but not know that the other one knows they are a superhero.
    Last edited by Captain Zolalnadia; 08-31-2015 at 11:42 AM.

Fantastic Member

Looks interesting and it's with two characters I really like.

Too bad this will probably be cancelled in at most 6 issues, considering the lack of market penetration those two characters have. Maybe if Marvel had called this book "Avengers: Starbrand & Nightmask"? Well, at least it looks like those will be enjoayble 6 issues.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by scribbleMind View Post
    Makes sense to me. Kevin is socially awkward in a major way, and that can stand in the way of being a hero. Even Adam, who was practically born yesterday, recognizes that Kevin has to be more sociable and understanding of the people around him before he could be a real hero. His back story is actually one of a tragic villain, and there's no reason he still can't go that route. Empathy is important and given the choice, Kevin would probably avoid dealing with people as much as possible, avoid his problems, and throw himself into his superhero life to his own detriment, and potential the detriment of all those he's supposed to protect. As for Adam, he was never part of our world to begin with would absolutely attempt to try to integrate into the world he was assigned to protect. Together, Kevin learns to accept humanity in a way he's never done before and Adam finds his place in it. Or not. Find out soon!
    Oh its classic Adam keeps Kevin Grounded, Remove the Grounding Mechanism Super Villian.

I immediately imagined then as a couple, sad that this isn't the case e-e

From Philly but currently living iin San Francisco.

I get what your saying but what about justice for the victims? Kevin has yet to go in front of the law and his victims family to face charges for what happened. I believe he was put into some prison Tony made and wasn't seen again until the Infinity war started because they needed his help. I love me some Hickman but his work on Starbrand rubbed me the wrong way especially Tony just allowing this guy to go free after they defeated the makers and Thanos. Tony believed in the registration to stop things like blowing up colleges from happening. I can't see him just letting this slide. It irks me that Marvel always have the Avengers doing things like this but are never really called on it. If the situation was reverse and Kevin was a mutant, you know they would show up at the Jean Grey school to have Kevin go to trial for his crimes. Hell, Captain America believed Bucky shouldn't have got arrested because He was in control by Hydra yet after Shadowland he shows up to arrest Matt fully knowing that he was also like Bucky was not in control of himself. Sorry this was so long.

"Greg Weisman"

And like that, they sold me on this comic.
    Marvel Fan (Avengers, Guardians, Spider-Man, X-Men, Inhumans, you name it), DC Fan (Too Many Just to Name), Smash Wii U Tournament Organizer/Competitive Player, Overall Gamer

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

I'm honestly mad that stuff like this and Guardiand of Infinity are being published instead of say, an X-Factor or New X-Men book, but the fact that writers I love like Weisman and Abnett are on them means I have to check them out. Stupid Marvel, stop doing things I like.
    Cyclops was right

Quote Originally Posted by saahir View Post
    I get what your saying but what about justice for the victims? Kevin has yet to go in front of the law and his victims family to face charges for what happened. I believe he was put into some prison Tony made and wasn't seen again until the Infinity war started because they needed his help. I love me some Hickman but his work on Starbrand rubbed me the wrong way especially Tony just allowing this guy to go free after they defeated the makers and Thanos. Tony believed in the registration to stop things like blowing up colleges from happening. I can't see him just letting this slide. It irks me that Marvel always have the Avengers doing things like this but are never really called on it. If the situation was reverse and Kevin was a mutant, you know they would show up at the Jean Grey school to have Kevin go to trial for his crimes. Hell, Captain America believed Bucky shouldn't have got arrested because He was in control by Hydra yet after Shadowland he shows up to arrest Matt fully knowing that he was also like Bucky was not in control of himself. Sorry this was so long.
    And how can the longest jail time seems to be three months ?

Because this is a comic book world.

Hoping the Professor Warren Weisman mentions is Miles' brother, Raymond Warren Pete's old High School teacher

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It's awesome to see Marvel making real use of Greg Weisman while he's working in comics, especially considering his talent. I'm not even that much of a fan of Nightmask or Starbrand, but just having Weisman attached to it is enough to make it highly likely I'll check this out .

And it looks like Kong is finally going to make his 616 debut, and Sha Shan being back is cool .
    Is this the Sha Shan that used to go out with Flash Thompson decades ago in Spider-Man?