Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Smoov-E View Post
    It's Greg Weisman so I'm in
    That's how I feel. Weisman, so I'm in.

my heart! *hyperventilates*

I wanted to know more about these two as a team!
    aka(s). o-bunⓐi-o // ⓓcembⓘrth

Sorry for any misspellings or grammar mistakes

Last edited by Crazed T'Challa x Emma x Namor shipper; Yesterday at 00:00 UM.

That art makes them look like they are 12 yr olds

Quote Originally Posted by TimberWolf View Post
    That art makes them look like they are 12 yr olds
    Nightmask is sometimes a 12 year old.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by THANOSRULES View Post
    Hate to be the curmudgeon extraordinaire yet again...but this looks passable and more of the same stuff that isn't working.

First, getting these Hollywood series/scriptwriters more involved instead of better established or even hot up and coming comic writers they've driven away is some thing to guardedly deal with. Even a guy like Weisman, who has a solid rep in cartoons...sometimes these guys just shape out as not up to snuff on writing serial fiction within the Marvel U.
    Greg Weisman worked on fifty issues of Captain Atom from 1987 to 1991, which was tied strongly into the wider DCU by the title character's presence in JLI and by Captain Atom taking a prominent role in the Invasion! crossover. It defined the character for about 25 years and formed the basis for every other media appearance of the character to date. That's leaving aside the numerous issues he's written tying into or continuing his TV work.

He's got a shot at doing this well, is what I'm saying.

Astonishing Member

I kind of hope that this is LGBT book that so many have been craving.

Not particularly a fan of the characters, but Greg Weisman... Guess I'll have to check it out.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Ooh Weisman! And I like the art too.

Quote Originally Posted by HUTHAIFA View Post
    I kind of hope that this is LGBT book that so many have been craving.
    *sniffles* that would be awesome, though they[Star & Night] didn't display such traits in the either Hickman run.

Heck, I would settle for a brotherly bonding adventures if it meant getting more character development.

So,this is not the same Nightmask from The New Universe then,ok.

Quote Originally Posted by OceanStar View Post
    So,this is not the same Nightmask from The New Universe then,ok.
    Not the same Starbrand either, he dieded.

Quote Originally Posted by L.R Johansson View Post
    I'm not quite feeling the art here... the stylization isn't my thing - the kind of Humberto Ramos -thing he's got going here.
    Humberto Ramos? Not really sure where you're getting that vibe... the would be about 700% more neck if Ramos was drawing it lol.

Quote Originally Posted by saahir View Post
    I don't think I'm gonna pick this up. Starbrand killed a lot of people at his last college and the Avengers just thought it was kill to let him go to a new one? Does Marvel not remember the whole reason the Civil War story line started? I never liked him in the Avengers and I hope that this series really addresses what went down at his old school. I'm pretty sure the Avengers covered up his involvement and the media blamed it on "those damn Muties".
    Civil War started with kids with superpowers trying to play hero, not go to college. As lots of people have said above it wasn't even Kevin's actions that caused the accident; it happened to him, he didn't make it happen.

New Universe in the main 616 was always a silly idea I think. I wish the series good luck, however.

Spectacular Member Tula's boyfriend's Avatar

I am new to reading Marvel with any sort of regularity. There are times when I dipped my toe into some series: Alpha Flight, Exiles, Xastic, Perez's Avenger are some books. So I am very exciting about jumping onto 20 Marvel titles and slashing my DC stuff hard. This book looks interesting, but I researched who these characters are, powers, etc...I really was left feeling quite baffled. These characters do not come across as two young super heroes on Earth.....and some of the comment on this thread has me confused. I get the guess gist of what i want to ask is......who are these characters? They don't seem like people, but some sort of cosmic entities--that are going to college(?). If you can please offer this newbie some understanding into these characters and how does it all relate to how they are being presented now. Much thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Tula's boyfriend View Post
    I am new to reading Marvel with any sort of regularity. There are times when I dipped my toe into some series: Alpha Flight, Exiles, Xastic, Perez's Avenger are some books. So I am very exciting about jumping onto 20 Marvel titles and slashing my DC stuff hard. This book looks interesting, but I researched who these characters are, powers, etc...I really was left feeling quite baffled. These characters do not come across as two young super heroes on Earth.....and some of the comment on this thread has me confused. I get the guess gist of what i want to ask is......who are these characters? They don't seem like people, but some sort of cosmic entities--that are going to college(?). If you can please offer this newbie some understanding into these characters and how does it all relate to how they are being presented now. Much thanks!
    In the late 1980s, Marvel Legend Jim Shooter and other creators created a new lines of comics for Marvel's 25th Anniversary. This new line was called 'New Universe', it included characters such as Starbrand and Nightmask. I've only read a few and they were alright books, the line of comics only lasted 3 years and was cancelled as Shooter had left and Marvel wanted to concentrate on their main books as comics sales were sky rocketing at the time.

The 2 characters in question were 'created' by Hickman in his Avengers work at the start of his run. They are basically 616 counterparts of those characters. So the book is based on these 2 new versions and I think have very little to do with the original books from the 80s.