Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
    BANNED

"Bring the stories 'variety' and 'diversity' as it was done in Disney's Gargoyles"? But the Estigma a Marca da Estrela and Mascara Noturna / Starbrand and Nightmask were not already adults when they appeared in the histories of the Avengers? And in this new series of comics they will be shown as two young teens at school like Static Shock and Gear or Ben 10 ? If the author wanted to do a story, full of diversity, there would be much simpler, take these characters and show their adventures, as one superhero duo, as adults, as he did the characters of Gargoyles of Disney, and show the everyday life of them, trying to live with his powers while trying to reconcile the fact of being "cosmic defenders" with their lives, their jobs, their friends, their families, etc., such as Elisa Maza, and the Gargoyles of Clan of Manhattan, were daily facing the most varied threats and each one living their lives? And this could not take advantage and enter all other characters in the New Universe Marvel or at least those who "survived" the end of Secret Wars?

Quote Originally Posted by Sansomon View Post
    Starbrand and Nightmask were not already adults when they appeared in the histories of the Avengers?
    Starbrand was at college when he was introduced, now he is going back. Nightmask was created in Avengers and is technically months old, though he initially had an adult body - the body aged backwards during TRO until he was unborn out of existence.

They are certainly not young teens in this series, given that they are at university.

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

I'll give this a go. The art is making them look quite young on that cover, but it's clean and 'pretty' and looks full of energy.

I like a good buddy book, and this having cosmic connections will hopefully keep me interested.
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Extraordinary Member

The two characters that I wanted Hickman to kill off get a series.

Yay.

At least Quasar and Genis Vell had followings.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    The two characters that I wanted Hickman to kill off get a series.

Yay.

At least Quasar and Genis Vell had followings.
    Hickam did kill them off. Technically.
    Then Secret Wars delayed but still unknown final twist made them reappear.

Not fan of the characters in Hickman's run. But glad there is some continuity.

I'm looking forward to this. I liked Starbrand and wanted him to get a book. I wonder if Nightmask has stopped the backwards aging thing and is stabilised now. I'm glad Hickman's characters are still getting some focus (we still need Smasher to be revealed somewhere though). Also them meeting Squirrel Girl should be fun.
    Favourite DC Characters: Supergirl, Pandora, Red Lantern Bleez, Larfleeze
    BRING BACK PANDORA!

http://i.imgur.com/fq7hazv.png

Hyped for Pokémon Sun and Moon! Nickname your Sun Legend after me!

"There are two main times when comic book fans gripe: When something changes and when something stays the same."
    Cyborg is a Leaguer forever, not a Titan

what are the power sets for these characters? What, if anything, do they have to do with the original New Universe versions?

At the risk of being unpopular , i quite don't understand the mindset of complaining about a newly announced book's existence , as if it was at the expense of other unused or relegated to limbo/backgrounds characters . It would be one thing if Weisman or another current marvel author , expressed the wish to pursue a say , Richard Rider book , but was pushed instead toward doing Starbrand and NightMask ... but there is nothing alluding to that so far .
    Last edited by Zarathos; 09-01-2015 at 10:09 AM. Reason: Horrid grammar and spelling

Supernatural Inhuman! Lucena Soares's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by neonrideraryeh View Post
    I'm looking forward to this. I liked Starbrand and wanted him to get a book. I wonder if Nightmask has stopped the backwards aging thing and is stabilised now. I'm glad Hickman's characters are still getting some focus (we still need Smasher to be revealed somewhere though). Also them meeting Squirrel Girl should be fun.
    They are not meeting Squirrel Girl. Remenber that she and Doreen Green are two completly different gals who are not related in any way...
    ; )

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathos View Post
    At the risk of being unpopular , i quite don't understand the mindset of complaining about a newly announced book's existence , as if it was at the expense of other unused or relegated to limbo/backgrounds characters . It would be one thing if Weisman or another current marvel author , expressed the wish to pursue a say , Richard Rider book , but was pushed instead toward doing Starbrand and NightMask ... but there is nothing alluding to that so far .
    It's not an unpopular opinion, it's a logical one.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Smoov-E View Post
    It's Greg Weisman so I'm in
    Me too.

Incredible Member

I know next to nothing about either of these characters and most of what I do know is pretty much just the most basic info on what Starbrand is supposed to be. That being said I am considering checking this series out solely on the grounds that Greg Weisman & Dominike Stanton are both working on it.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    what are the power sets for these characters? What, if anything, do they have to do with the original New Universe versions?
    They have nothing to do with the original versions, although both versions were empowered by a "white event"--these are new versions created within the 616 universe.

Starbrand is a regular human, named Kevin, who has become the host to the starbrand power. Nightmask is an artificially created human, named Adam, who was created by Ex Nihilo in the early issues of Hickman's AVENGERS run. Starbrand's powers are basically energy manipulation on a massive scale (the starbrand power was designed as a planetary defense system)--his most common applications of it are to fly, project energy blasts and enhance his own strength.

Nightmask's powers are bit more undefined, but some of his demonstrated abilities include the ability to control and alter machines, to teleport, and energy blasts.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    It's not an unpopular opinion, it's a logical one.
    That sadly doesn't always mean it is the most popular one to have.

But I actually liked Starbrand, at first he was annoying but as the series progressed he got better. Nightmask is still a bit flat but hopefully this book will allow him to be expanded not only in detailing what his powers are but his character beyond being Starbrand's best bud and therapist/teacher.

It is good to see some of Hickman's better creations from the Avengers run being given lanes to potentially grow (with this it is up to three with his Hyperion being Squadron Supreme and the New Avengers based on Sunspot's leadership of A.I.M.), I hope that Canonball and Smasher will also appear somewhere may be in Shi'ar Guardians book.

Incredible Member

Put me down. I like the characters and I love the writer. This is a must buy for me.