Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
    Supernatural Inhuman! Lucena Soares's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wellman View Post
    That sadly doesn't always mean it is the most popular one to have.

But I actually liked Starbrand, at first he was annoying but as the series progressed he got better. Nightmask is still a bit flat but hopefully this book will allow him to be expanded not only in detailing what his powers are but his character beyond being Starbrand's best bud and therapist/teacher.

It is good to see some of Hickman's better creations from the Avengers run being given lanes to potentially grow (with this it is up to three with his Hyperion being Squadron Supreme and the New Avengers based on Sunspot's leadership of A.I.M.), I hope that Canonball and Smasher will also appear somewhere may be in Shi'ar Guardians book.
    Four, Pod joined as the last team member of New Avengers.

Amazing Member

i would like to see StarBrand (planetary defense system) fight Galactus (planet-eater). They MUST FIGHT EACH OTHER. Like how Galactus fought Ego. It would be like Pacquiao Vs Mayweather cosmic edition. haha

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by live_evil View Post
    i would like to see StarBrand (planetary defense system) fight Galactus (planet-eater). They MUST FIGHT EACH OTHER. Like how Galactus fought Ego. It would be like Pacquiao Vs Mayweather cosmic edition. haha
    I approve of this.

Amazing Member

The problem with the series might be in coming up with credible challenges because of their power. What I don't like to see would be lame attempts at making Starbrand not use his power to its full potential, which is similar to what they did to Superman. Clark was always "holding back."

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by live_evil View Post
    The problem with the series might be in coming up with credible challenges because of their power. What I don't like to see would be lame attempts at making Starbrand not use his power to its full potential, which is similar to what they did to Superman. Clark was always "holding back."
    Given that Starbrand is still dealing with the trauma of his power causing mass destruction and hundreds of fatalities the first time he ever manifested, I think in his case there is a pretty valid reason for him to be holding back much of the time. Even if he isn't intentionally holding back, he is very likely to unconsciously repress some of his power due to that incident.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Trident View Post
    Now this is more like it! New concepts plus revinenting old ones is the marvel I want. So glad these two got a series in a world of spinoffs. Hope we see a few more "newer" characters get books in 2016.
    Agreed 100%.

I wonder if one of them will be LGBT? Weismann created the Gargoyles and says he always saw Lexington as gay, and dropped hints where he could.
    "We are Shakespeare. We are Michelangelo. We are Tchaikovsky. We are Turing. We are Mercury. We are Wilde. We are Lincoln, Lorca, Leonardo da Vinci. We are Alexander the Great. We are Fredrick the Great. We are Rustin. We are Addams. We are Marsha! Marsha Marsha Marsha! We so generous, we DeGeneres. We are Ziggy Stardust hooked to the silver screen. Controversially we are Malcolm X. We are Plato. We are Aristotle. We are RuPaul, god dammit! And yes, we are Woolf."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    I wonder if one of them will be LGBT? Weismann created the Gargoyles and says he always saw Lexington as gay, and dropped hints where he could.
    Adam is basically a God, I expect him to be bi or poly sexual since most Gods classically are like that.

Amazing Member

I would have loved to see God Emperor Doom get a full-on Starbrand blast to the face.

what are the powers of the new Nightmask and Starbrand?

Amazing Member

right it is still vague, but the Starbrand was able to kill a Beyonder with its deathblast. So I guess, the Starbrand would be something that could go against the Abstracts.

Saoirse Ronan The Accuser CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree's Avatar

Wasn't Weisman writing Warcraft books for children?