Page 1 of 57 123451151 ... LastLast

Default Miles Morales: Ultimate Spider-Man Appreciation 2018

Welcome to the Miles Morales appreciation thread; the thread to discuss all things Miles Morales. No character bashing and remember to keep discussions civil please.

The old thread got a bit long, so it got shut down, but I'll keep a link here if you want the good discussion from there.

http://community.comicbookresources....n-Appreciation

One opening question for you guys: What is your favorite Miles Morales story? He's been around for a few years, so I'm curious if there's any consensus on the "Best Of."
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

My favourite Miles story would have to be either his introduction, "Who Is Miles Morales?" or "Spider-Man No More". The first arc is such a great origin story and perfectly constructed on both a script and art level. Miles and his whole environment are characterized extremely well and acts as a great starting point for the future.

"No More" is the one I've probably read the most, I think Marquez' art is completely fantastic, I love seeing Miles dilemma, and how he grows as a character through this story, as well as the development with him and Jessica. The introduction of Cloak & Dagger and re-introduction of Bombshell, was also incredibly welcomed, I love this group working together.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Can somebody tell me what Miles Morales' "Spider-man" books legacy numbers was based on?

I've always wondered that because I've read every single MM:SM book and the numbers didn't add up (unless I somehow missed a lot).

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Can somebody tell me what Miles Morales' "Spider-man" books legacy numbers was based on?

I've always wondered that because I've read every single MM:SM book and the numbers didn't add up (unless I somehow missed a lot).

In case you missed it, here's a preview of this week's annual!

http://www.comicosity.com/preview-spider-man-annual-1/

I'm excited to check this out, as it's the first issue featuring an all-new creative team.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    One opening question for you guys: What is your favorite Miles Morales story? He's been around for a few years, so I'm curious if there's any consensus on the "Best Of."
    Oddly enough, my favorite Miles story isn't really a Miles story. It's the "Jefferson flashback" issues from Miles Morales: The Ultimate Spider-Man issues 8 and 9. Not only did the creative team raise the bar (Marquez especially - I thought it was a different artist at first!), but we end up learning about Miles by learning about the man that he looks up to most of all. Bendis excelled when he would shine a spotlight on supporting characters, because he found a way to show us how it defined the main hero. This was such an emotionally layered story - as a parent, you want to be proud of your kids. You’re doing your best, but is it good enough? What happens when it works out and your kid succeeds where you’d tried and fallen short? What does that feel like? These two issues were gems and I hope people rediscover and appreciate them.

EDIT: I mean, moments like this are worthy of the best television dramas:

3JCK6Lk.jpg
    Last edited by Project37; 08-06-2018 at 09:49 AM.
    Co-host of Ultimate Spin - the Spider-Fan podcast for Miles Morales and Spider-Gwen!
    And check out our in-depth podcast interviews with their creators!

I was talking about how a symbiote Miles would look like back in the old thread and what do I see just today. Somebody did it as a what-if since Sony is doing a Miles movie and a Venom movie.

Here's a bit of Miles from Spider-Geddon #1

https://www.cbr.com/interview-gage-u...spider-geddon/

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    I was talking about how a symbiote Miles would look like back in the old thread and what do I see just today. Somebody did it as a what-if since Sony is doing a Miles movie and a Venom movie.

I would toss the bank to see this as a story arc.

Miles Showing off his skills.

Quote Originally Posted by LegendOfTheAngryBlonde View Post

Miles' legacy number counted both the Ultimate Peter and Miles issues. So it goes:
    Ultimate Spider-Man #1-133
    Ultimate Six #1-7
    Ultimatum: Spider-Man Requiem #1-2
    Ultimate Comics Spider-Man #1-15
    Ultimate Spider-Man #150-160
    Ultimate Comics Spider-Man (Miles) #1-28
    Cataclysm: Ultimate Spider-Man #1-3
    Ultimate Spider-Man #200
    Miles Morales: The Ultimate Spider-Man #1-12
    Spider-Man #1-21
    Spider-Man (Legacy) #234-240

Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Very nice and reading through the interview I like the sound of Otto, Miles, and Gwen having major roles in this event. Kind of been one of the things I've noticed in the past is that even with the "Spider-Family" getting expanded, all the events have still been entirely Peter-centric. With reason obviously, but I like that more characters are coming to front here.

Also this:

One of the enjoyable elements of having so many Spider-People has to be the chance to bounce them off of each other. Who are some of the Spider characters that are proving especially fun to write together?

Otto Octavius and Spider-Ham. Miles and Gwen. Spider-Punk and Otto. And others I can’t yet discuss!
    hooboy, prepare for some more pearl clutching this Fall lol
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    hooboy, prepare for some more pearl clutching this Fall lol
    "Pearl clutching"? That's a new one for me. Oh well I always look forward to when my two favorite spider-people and interact with each other.

BANNED

Frankly, I think Gwen and Miles are so forced, they have zero chemistry.