Page 119 of 124 FirstFirst ... 1969109115116117118119120121122123 ... LastLast
Results 1,771 to 1,785 of 1848

Wait, when was Flash revealed to be gay? Or are you just theorizing? Honest question, I've been away from new Spidey comics for quite some years
    "The Batman is Gotham City. I will watch him. Study him. And when I know him and why he does not kill, I will know this city. And then Gotham will be MINE!"-BANE

"We're monsters, buddy. Plain and simple. I don't dress it up with fancy names like mutant or post-human; men were born crueler than Apes and we were born crueler than men. It's just the natural order of things"-ULTIMATE SABRETOOTH

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Chubistian View Post
    Wait, when was Flash revealed to be gay? Or are you just theorizing? Honest question, I've been away from new Spidey comics for quite some years
    Nobody has been revealed as gay in the comics continuity among classic Spidey supporting characters. We're just discussing which characters in 616 Continuity can be plausibly reinterpreted as LGBT. That's all.

No, it started off as "A gay or bisexual Peter Parker would be amazing" spiralled into a "Peter's the straightest straight that ever straighted".

And there's a lot of evidence supporting Flash is bisexual, my favorite being Flash quoting a poem to Peter that looks innocent until you track down the original poem.

Spectacular Member

Ultimate Flash I believe is kinda sorta clearly Bi or Gay.. I think Bendis dropped it though.

Quote Originally Posted by spidergwen View Post
    Yeah, when I commented on a gay or bisexual Peter Parker it was strictly based on "headcanons" and wishes, but its nice to see how unevolved people are when it comes to LGBT characters in their entertainment media. And plenty of people realized their sexuality very late in life, look at Flash Thompson, poor baby thought he was straight his whole life when he's bisexual.
    You worded it like it was a bad thing they wouldn't do such a thing because Marvel aren't true supporters of LGBT ****, not like it was "strictly" a headcanon lol.

And the responses we got here discussed the possibility of other characters being gay or bisexual, including Spider-Gwen herself who was agreed she could be lesbian or bisexual, so I fail to see how "unevolved" it is, unless you think that any character should have a drastic change which goes against what's stabilished about them to send a message or whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazyking View Post
    Ultimate Flash I believe is kinda sorta clearly Bi or Gay.. I think Bendis dropped it though.
    Wasn't he shown to have a crush on Gwen? Or was it before that? 'Cause if not then gay would be a bit more complicated, still could work though.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Wasn't he shown to have a crush on Gwen? Or was it before that? 'Cause if not then gay would be a bit more complicated, still could work though.
    Yeah, there were a few times when he was trying to take Peter aside and talk to him about something but Peter never did because he didn't trust Flash, and then they realized after Gwen's death that he might've been trying to ask Peter how to ask Gwen out.

You worded it like it was a bad thing they wouldn't do such a thing because Marvel aren't true supporters of LGBT ****, not like it was "strictly" a headcanon lol.

And the responses we got here discussed the possibility of other characters being gay or bisexual, including Spider-Gwen herself who was agreed she could be lesbian or bisexual, so I fail to see how "unevolved" it is, unless you think that any character should have a drastic change which goes against what's stabilished about them to send a message or whatever.

I literally worded it as a dream of mine, and simultaneously pointed out Marvel would never do that, I have no idea how this is baffling for you.

Yeah, we keep calling Flash bisexual, bisexual's attraction to men AND women, so idk why you're confused about Flash's feelings towards Gwen. It's still unevolved assuming that a character can't possibly realize they're not straight late in life, there's like, thousands of real stories of this out there. I know nothing of Bobby, so I'm not gonna comment on it? But I'll fantasize about an out and proud bisexual Peter Parker all I want.
    "Sins Past" was deliberate character assassination (the writers admitted to pulling it out of thin air) and the OG Gwen was nothing but fiercely loyal to Peter Parker and it got her killed.

Quote Originally Posted by Chubistian View Post
    I think people are theorizing Flash might be considered bi due to his relationship with the symbiote, which could be argued for fitting, though I've always considered their relationship to be more mutual partners, in comparison to Eddie's which was very clearly coded as sexual and intimate in nature.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yeah, there were a few times when he was trying to take Peter aside and talk to him about something but Peter never did because he didn't trust Flash, and then they realized after Gwen's death that he might've been trying to ask Peter how to ask Gwen out.
    oh that's what it was?? i think i missed that while reading lol.

Fantastic Member

Adding symbiotes complicates things since, while they're referred to by male pronouns, it's more because the most famous hosts are male. Cletus himself refers to his symbiote as female, for example.

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    I think people are theorizing Flash might be considered bi due to his relationship with the symbiote, which could be argued for fitting, though I've always considered their relationship to be more mutual partners, in comparison to Eddie's which was very clearly coded as sexual and intimate in nature.
    I consider Flash bi because of his relationship with Peter.
    000000000000000000000000000.jpg
    "Sins Past" was deliberate character assassination (the writers admitted to pulling it out of thin air) and the OG Gwen was nothing but fiercely loyal to Peter Parker and it got her killed.

BANNED

I literally worded it as a dream of mine...
    You are absolutely right to do so. Sorry if I went overboard. I tend to take things overly seriously and actually try and think if it could happen in canon, because to me I'd like to see stuff like this be to immortalized and inserted to Spider-Man's history.

I definitely think LGBT representation and the lack of it is a major gaping hole in Spider-Man's history and I consider it an untruthful representation of New York City especially.

That's Ultimate Flash and to be honest, I don't know I wonder if that scene would come off as insensichtive today. Ultimate Flash was in any case unimportant in the story. Kong ultimately became the Flash and even he stopped being important. That's actually the big joke about Ultimate Spider-Man, the high school Spider-Man that ultimately didn't do a lot to develop Peter's high school cast and at the end the most important characters were Peter and the girls. To revisit an old joke, if Classic Peter is the most heterosexual character in comics, Ultimate Peter is the most heterosexual of all Peters.

I think Ultimate Gwen was coded as lesbian but then Bendis cheapened that and made her and Peter date Post-Ultimatum which didn't make a lick of sense and came off as incest-y.

And I think Bendis should be taken even more to task for not including LGBT stuff. Classic Spidey had the excuse of coming from the 60s-90s...Bendis had none of that.

BANNED

I consider Flash bi because of his relationship with Peter.
    000000000000000000000000000.jpg
    You know I always felt that Peter wasn't as close to Flash or Harry as he should have been. One of my favorite Flash bits is that story in Paul Jenkins' run on Spectacular Spider-Man where Peter meets with Flash and Flash discusses the Book of Job with Peter in a very literary manner.

[QUOTE=Revolutionary_Jack;4105145]You are absolutely right to do so. Sorry if I went overboard. I tend to take things overly seriously and actually try and think if it could happen in canon, because to me I'd like to see stuff like this be to immortalized and inserted to Spider-Man's history.

I definitely think LGBT representation and the lack of it is a major gaping hole in Spider-Man's history and I consider it an untruthful representation of New York City especially.

Thank you. I'll make it way clearer next time I'm wishing a character was queer. Flash, on the other hand is blatantly a confused bisexual.

I do think you come off as hostile and overly critical of Gwen, especially with your popular post of "the many gwens" or whatever, especially post George's death, you make it sound wildly implausible that the death of her father couldn't possibly affect Gwen so much. I agree that in the long run, Peter and Gwen may not have worked out, but to say they weren't in love or it was impossible for them to have ever dated because it's almost never shown is very hostile and inaccurate. Peter loved Gwen, and Gwen loved Peter. They dated, and he was considering proposing to her, that's canon.

I won't comment on the Ultimate run, because I know next to nothing about it, other than Gwen dies again. -_-

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    You are absolutely right to do so. Sorry if I went overboard. I tend to take things overly seriously and actually try and think if it could happen in canon, because to me I'd like to see stuff like this be to immortalized and inserted to Spider-Man's history.

That's Ultimate Flash and to be honest, I don't know I wonder if that scene would come off as insensichtive today. Ultimate Flash was in any case unimportant in the story. Kong ultimately became the Flash and even he stopped being important. That's actually the big joke about Ultimate Spider-Man, the high school Spider-Man that ultimately didn't do a lot to develop Peter's high school cast and at the end the most important characters were Peter and the girls. To revisit an old joke, if Classic Peter is the most heterosexual character in comics, Ultimate Peter is the most heterosexual of all Peters.

I think Ultimate Gwen was coded as lesbian but then Bendis cheapened that and made her and Peter date Post-Ultimatum which didn't make a lick of sense and came off as incest-y.

And I think Bendis should be taken even more to task for not including LGBT stuff. Classic Spidey had the excuse of coming from the 60s-90s...Bendis had none of that.
    I would add that for the record, Ultimate Spider-Woman, herself a clone of Peter Parker who "for some reason" wound up female-bodied and -gendered, was created by him, but it had to be the writer who included her in All-New Ultimates that addressed her orientation within the pages of the comic itself. Come to think of it, Ultimate Jessica Drew is a serious case study in missed opportunities vis-à-vis this discussion, especially if you regard her sense of self not just as a clone, but as a clone with a body different from what her memories are probably telling her is supposed to be. She even admits in the issue I'm referring to that she isn't sure at first if she likes girls because that's just how she's wired, or because that's how Peter was wired, though she ultimately decides she's just gonna go with what feels right to her, specifically redheads (Mary Jane reference) and Jewish girls (Kitty Pryde reference).
    The spider is always on the hunt.