Page 120 of 124 FirstFirst ... 2070110116117118119120121122123124 LastLast
Results 1,786 to 1,800 of 1848
    Astonishing Member Gambit, King of Thieves's Avatar

I came here to geek out about Gwen in Spider-Verse and instead you’re all arguing about LGBT representation in Peter Parker’s supporting cast?
    Well, guess I can’t throw stones. I frequent the Cyclops thread and we get VERY off topic there, all the time.
    Cyclops was SO DAMN RIGHT, BABY
    Pull list: X-23, Mr. & Mrs. X, Extermination, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Uncanny X-Men
    Have been informed that the Black Swans are "only seeking female members, but thank you very much for your time"

Fantastic Member

Ultimate Gwen is hard to place dependent on how you take this:

Some readers take her at face value when she says she's kidding, others consider it Gwen being bi/gay and just making fun of MJ. As for Gwen dying, she got revived as Carnage later and they basically go 'well she thinks she's Gwen, has the memories of Gwen, so who's to say she's not the Gwen you lost'...ignoring the fact that she has a different eye color, which is a pretty big sign that there's some pretty big biological differences and they're not identical. Fans basically consider her reborn regardless...just ignore the fact that the soul is a real thing in Marvel.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gambit, King of Thieves View Post
    I came here to geek out about Gwen in Spider-Verse and instead you’re all arguing about LGBT representation in Peter Parker’s supporting cast?
    Well, guess I can’t throw stones. I frequent the Cyclops thread and we get VERY off topic there, all the time.
    It's cool. Cyclops happens to be one of my favorite X-Men characters. As for Gwen in Spider-Verse (the movie?), feel free to chime in with your thoughts, and to cap off the discussion we were just having, I'd say Ultimate Gwen could be bisexual, if you want to acknowledge her relationship with Ultimate Peter. Given how "accidentally" romantic or flirtatious many same-sex friendships or other interactions can come off even if the characters involved are "explicitly" or presumed straight and how there is growing evidence that almost everyone is bisexual on some level, whether they're conscious of it or not, I wouldn't find it all that surprising or unsettling.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

I mean, it's a step up from the usual conversation topic in this thread. "It's SUPER important Gwen stays dead, she deserved to die" or the 4 times a day "MJ knock off" is watered down. Like, what personality hasn't MJ had? She had, what, 50 years of story, compared to 11 or so years Gwen had?
    "Sins Past" was deliberate character assassination (the writers admitted to pulling it out of thin air) and the OG Gwen was nothing but fiercely loyal to Peter Parker and it got her killed.

Yeesh. Sounds horrifying.
    We’ve kind of managed to wrangle or way to civility over in the X-Threads and keep complaining about a character OUT of their appreciation threads.
    I’m really only familiar with Gwen-65. Thought the movie was fantastic, and Gwen had a good role, although there’s always room for more.

Any suggestions for recent (post 2000 because I’m an art snob) Gwen stories other than Sins Past, the worst thing Marvel’s done since that thing with Carol Danvers?
    Pull list: X-23, Mr. & Mrs. X, Extermination, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Uncanny X-Men
    Have been informed that the Black Swans are "only seeking female members, but thank you very much for your time"

Quote Originally Posted by eratas123 View Post
    Ultimate Gwen is hard to place dependent on how you take this:

Some readers take her at face value when she says she's kidding, others consider it Gwen being bi/gay and just making fun of MJ. As for Gwen dying, she got revived as Carnage later and they basically go 'well she thinks she's Gwen, has the memories of Gwen, so who's to say she's not the Gwen you lost'...ignoring the fact that she has a different eye color, which is a pretty big sign that there's some pretty big biological differences and they're not identical. Fans basically consider her reborn regardless...just ignore the fact that the soul is a real thing in Marvel.
    That is 1000% bi. Thank you for this quality addition.
    "Sins Past" was deliberate character assassination (the writers admitted to pulling it out of thin air) and the OG Gwen was nothing but fiercely loyal to Peter Parker and it got her killed.

I’m generally not a fan of changing the sexuality of well-established characters in the main continuity.
    That said, Gambit should 100% be bisexual, which I say as a straight male.

Quote Originally Posted by spidergwen View Post
    I literally worded it as a dream of mine, and simultaneously pointed out Marvel would never do that, I have no idea how this is baffling for you.
    Again, it sounded like that because they wouldn't do it, they aren't true allies to LGBT, so I replied to that, let's move on from this or we'll get a boring repetition.

Yeah, we keep calling Flash bisexual, bisexual's attraction to men AND women, so idk why you're confused about Flash's feelings towards Gwen. It's still unevolved assuming that a character can't possibly realize they're not straight late in life, there's like, thousands of real stories of this out there. I know nothing of Bobby, so I'm not gonna comment on it? But I'll fantasize about an out and proud bisexual Peter Parker all I want.
    Mate, what are you talking about? I mentioned the Gwen thing to point out he showed attraction to at least one girl, which, specificaly, would make it somewhat complicated to make him gay, but it'd still be easily possible, and I didn't mention bisexuality about him at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    That's Ultimate Flash and to be honest, I don't know I wonder if that scene would come off as insensichtive today. Ultimate Flash was in any case unimportant in the story. Kong ultimately became the Flash and even he stopped being important. That's actually the big joke about Ultimate Spider-Man, the high school Spider-Man that ultimately didn't do a lot to develop Peter's high school cast and at the end the most important characters were Peter and the girls. To revisit an old joke, if Classic Peter is the most heterosexual character in comics, Ultimate Peter is the most heterosexual of all Peters.
    I know it's Ultimate Flash, the crush he had on Gwen was seen as a big deal after she died, which is why I pointed it out.

And yeah, Ultimate did a poor job on developing other characters from the school, and Flash stands out since he's one of the worst versions of Flash, he's Ditko Flash before he became a Spidey fanboy, but an even bigger douchebag and more unlikable...

Ballet shoes or sneakers? Wrong answer = annihilation
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Ballet shoes for movie Gwen, chucks for comic Gwen. Movie Gwen's a trained dancer, Comic Gwen fights using films like wheels on meals. I think we know who deserves the en pointe shoes.

I mean, it's a step up from the usual conversation topic in this thread. "It's SUPER important Gwen stays dead, she deserved to die" or the 4 times a day "MJ knock off" is watered down. Like, what personality hasn't MJ had? She had, what, 50 years of story, compared to 11 or so years Gwen had?
    Well, when you put it that way it does seem horrible lol. But in all seriousness, this thread can go off the rails at times.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Is “I have no idea what this question means or what prompted it” an acceptable answer?

Yeesh. Sounds horrifying.
    We’ve kind of managed to wrangle or way to civility over in the X-Threads and keep complaining about a character OUT of their appreciation threads.
    I’m really only familiar with Gwen-65. Thought the movie was fantastic, and Gwen had a good role, although there’s always room for more.

Any suggestions for recent (post 2000 because I’m an art snob) Gwen stories other than Sins Past, the worst thing Marvel’s done since that thing with Carol Danvers?
    My reply disappeared. Clone Saga's "Dead No More" in 2016, I think was pretty awesome. But tbf I'm super biased when it comes to reading about Gwen. If she's not villified, I consider it quality writing. But it adds a realistic twist to Gwen's death that makes it all the more painful. But readcomicsonline seems to be missing some pages. -_-

My reply disappeared. Clone Saga's "Dead No More" in 2016, I think was pretty awesome. But tbf I'm super biased when it comes to reading about Gwen. If she's not villified, I consider it quality writing. But it adds a realistic twist to Gwen's death that makes it all the more painful. But readcomicsonline seems to be missing some pages. -_-
    Dammit, that’s the site I use.
    I may have read that though. That the one where 65 is masquerading as 616 and then she gets called out by her dad?

Dammit, that’s the site I use.
    I may have read that though. That the one where 65 is masquerading as 616 and then she gets called out by her dad?
    That's the one! This one retcons that Gwen was conscious during Peter and Goblin's confrontation and learned that Peter was Spider-Man. Shockingly, they kill her again, but I dream of a day the OG Gwen comes back from the dead and stays alive.