Page 90 of 124 FirstFirst ... 4080868788899091929394100 ... LastLast
Results 1,336 to 1,350 of 1848
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I just appreciated an animated adaption of Spider-Gwen that actually nailed her personality from the comics, compared to the current cartoon or her appearance in Ultimate. Although the Ghost Spider name still seems so random .

I did find it amusing that Max Mittelman went from voicing Harry Osborn to a Peter Parker stand-in with Iceman's powers .
    He would've made a good Peter Parker, too, by the way, and his take on Harry Osborn in the current cartoon somewhat makes me think of what might've happened had Peter himself been raised by Norman Osborn instead of Ben and May Parker.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    He would've made a good Peter Parker, too, by the way, and his take on Harry Osborn in the current cartoon somewhat makes me think of what might've happened had Peter himself been raised by Norman Osborn instead of Ben and May Parker.
    I honestly wouldn't be surprised if he had auditioned for Spidey before getting the role of Harry, although I don't think he's mentioned that in any interviews.

Heck, we even had an old Norman Osborn VA as Captain Stacy, though I felt Steven Weber's performance here was a lot more natural then his Norman or his Beyonder in Avengers: Secret Wars.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I honestly wouldn't be surprised if he had auditioned for Spidey before getting the role of Harry, although I don't think he's mentioned that in any interviews.

Heck, we even had an old Norman Osborn VA as Captain Stacy, though I felt Steven Weber's performance here was a lot more natural then his Norman or his Beyonder in Avengers: Secret Wars.
    Hmm, yeah, I remember that now. I rather liked Gwen's line about everyone being so eager to dish out punishment that they don't take the time to see if the person they want to punish was actually guilty. Kind of a nice little dig at certain hyper-aggressive styles of "heroing" in the modern age of superhero comics.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by eratas123 View Post
    I'll give Rising something. Much as I find Kevin as a character weird, mostly cause he feels like Peter with a different paint job, the relationship with Gwen felt like what the Spider-Gwen comic should have had with 65-Peter. Peter's death in the SG comics was portrayed as a tragedy but it's hampered by him not being shown with any of the supposed good things that Gwen and his family loved about him. Literally every flashback is just him being depressed, angry, sullen or jealous (or all of the above).

Imagine if Uncle Ben's flashbacks just have him being distant and cold to Peter and you see what it does to the motivation. In Rising the two are portrayed as being really sweet friends:

Spider-Gwen's comic run needed more scenes like these. Gwen had sweet moments with her dad, but the rest of her supporting cast is sorely underfocused. We have no idea why she's friends with her bandmates, especially since Mary Jane was such a self-centered jerk in the early run, or why she's so close to Ben and May apart from being friends with Peter. Here we feel Gwen's loss of her friend the same way we feel Peter's loss when Uncle Ben dies.

A couple of pages showing the characters just having fun would go a long way to show why they're close and why we the audience should care about them. The Persona series, particularly 4 and 5, did this very well by showing the characters just being friends and having fun rather than focusing exclusively on how tragic their relationships were.

Reading over the comments I also must add that thanks to being a Spider-Gwen fan and having read her series mt first thought was Peter when seeing Kevin and seeing him as a stand-in. Now If like many people who might be watching these shorts but never read her series maybe they might be able to adapt better (but for some who don't read her series or comics still thanks to other animated series many still would of link Keven with Peter or Harry instead).

I wanted to give my thoughts to a few statements here with my own views and possible takes.

1. I agree first and foremost that we should of seen not just negative but also positive interactions between Earth-65 Gwen, Peter, and even Harry. Harry also grieved for Peter and referred to him as a friend but the Earth-65 Peter never felt like he warranted such statements. I think seeing the bad is fine but also see the good. Doing so we could see the good person Gwen and Harry saw and wanted to help but also establish that Peter was suffering and that affected his mental and emotional state which Gwen and Harry also knew and wanted to help him but in the end felt like they failed him.

I was reading a past tread started elsewhere about how some character were started by loss. Batman and Spider-man where of course mentioned.
    Then somebody stated that for Peter if Ben didn't die he could of been a villain. The writer posted that Peter wasn't a nice guy and is super vindictive when he first got his powers. Instead of selfless he was selfish and he wanted to not only use his powers to make money but also harass his own harassers. It's a understandable yet ill moral thinking. That Peter when looking at his past was on the moral line between good and evil and he was moving towards evil till his lack or response resulted in Ben dying and him getting hurt. Only then did that moment hit him into a moral reboot and hard lesson he had to learn finally transforming into Spider-man. Gaining powers didn't make him the hero Spider-man yet till he became a real hero. When Responsibility became a apart of his powerset did he become the hero Spider-man and that lesson despite Ben till him Peter wasn't listening till he had to look back.
    Peter has done the wrong thing out of anger or spite before. In a "No more Bullying" issue Peter recalls when he could of buried the hatched with Flash during the High School days and help him...but instead he didn't and used science as a weapon to humiliated Flash. Peter looked back with shame at himself.
    Peter has done some jerkiness stuff before (like when Ben and Peter thought Aunt May was dead but Peter denied Ben from being at the funeral so Ben had to grieve alone despite loving May like Peter did all because he was a clone. Many times the Spider's harassed and thought lowly of anybody who might be or is a clone / born by science vs treating like a person. A common flaw found in them.
    In the 800th issue Peter either during and just after Flashes Funeral thinks back and recalls the times he found himself to BE the bully as of late and vowed to be better like Flash.

As a person who was bullied in the past you can be affected. Bullying creates fear and anger and you want the other to be hurting. Earth-65 Peter based on what we were given was a subject of abuse it seems that made him cold. Seeing Spider-Woman made him wishing he was just like her...so he could make his tormentors pay. It's one thing wishing to have the power to defend yourself (Peter felt shame that Gwen had to be the one defending him) but another to be the one on offense. But people who are bullied... I'm not going to write any further one this as it's not bring nice things for me feeling that pain and darkness that was once in my life.

Now going to 'Kevin'. Many people wonder why Peter wasn't used. I guess the team did not want to kill Peter as killing Peter would block Spider-man/Peter showing up if the team wanted to use him at some piont. Also maybe the team was worried that some viewers who are major Peter Parker/SPider-man fans would be upset if Peter was killed.

I say then if not Peter then maybe Harry could of been the possible friend that died for Gwen's backstory and troubles. That Harry of that Earth was a Inhuman. It would link with other Earth lores that have Peter, Harry, and Gwen binded in a web of best friends. Plus maybe in this Earth unlike majority Osborn actually valued his son being a loving father over his company for once. With Ghost-Spider getting the blame Osborn wanting to have revenge hires assassins and mercenaries and funds secret projects to take down his son's killer till he decides to do it himself.

Fantastic Member

I harped on this before, but...Ghost Spider's introduction, ladies and gentlemen:

Also, Gwen's dialogue:

Cop: "Officer's down, send backup!"

Gwen: "Ugh...won't do you any good." *Webs down the last officer* "Next time, come prepared."

Jameson must be creaming himself with this. This coupled with Patriot using small missiles in an urban setting and I wonder if the writers didn't think how badly this makes their heroes look. I hope Inferno doesn't start a building fire or something. Seriously, though, Gwen can webswing, dodge gunfire near automatically and can glide like a flying squirrel - the cops wouldn't be able to catch up and yet she doesn't even try to escape first. And even besides this, why does she act so petty and hostile, scoffing and talkng down to the cops? She's like this for just about everyone she encounters in-costume, even when they try to be understanding. I guess it's cause she's still in the anger stage of grief, but it looks bizarre.

The story tries to paint her as a victim of circumstance, and she is, but her behavior really doesn't help her case and it becomes unintentionally funny when she starts complaining about how people throw blame around and are obsessed with punishment when she makes next to no effort to plead her case and acts belligerent even when people try to meet her halfway.

Making this even worse is how it contrasts her comic introduction. While I still think it's partially her fault for sitting in plain view on top of the train, Gwen actually does try to avoid conflict and chews the guy out for shooting at a crowded train station where the bullets could hit someone else.

On the other hand, one thing that's not explained: where the heck did Rising!Gwen get her gear? She already had the suit when she revealed her identity to Kevin so he didn't make it. She shows no webshooters so we can assume her webs are organic, fine, but her suit has a freaking web wingsuit she used to glide like a flying squirrel. Did Gwen make that? Somehow I doubt it since she shows no signs of Peter-level intelligence. During target practice with Kevin she also uses a tiny drone tied to her phone, though I can at least assume she bought that.

Quote Originally Posted by AngelJD View Post
    *SNIPPED FOR LENGTH
    My problem with 65-Peter is that he's never shown as anything but a Supervillain in the making. Yes, we get why he did this: he was physically and emotionally tormented and then his best friend/crush starts defending him, which likely destroyed any sense of confidence and self-worth he might have. And he also very likely didn't intend to become a rage monster - my guess is he wanted to be Superpowered in the same vein as Gwen and then lord it over his bullies.

The problem comes that we never see his good sides. Gwen and May talk about how he was a sweet boy that just got warped into a monster, but in the flashbacks we never see any hint of this so-called sweet boy. What little we do see paints him as belligerent, clingy and entitled: even before he got turned into the Lizard he was stuck in his own head about Spider-Woman, seemed to have no friends besides Gwen and Harry, and even then he kinda treated them like ****. With Harry he makes a figurine of the Green Goblin despite knowing that Harry hated the nickname. When he throws a tantrum at Harry refusing to be called by his bullying moniker Harry flat out tells Gwen that Peter was trying to drag Harry down to his level out of crab mentality and he just wasn't taking that ****.

And Gwen? Christ. His reason for turning into the Lizard seems to be 1/3 wanting to be special, 1/3 wanting to 'show them all', and 1/3 because Harry asked Gwen out (which she didn't even accept, by the by, because she was clueless to romance) and acting entitled and pissy that his friend dared to ask out the girl he liked. Gwen wasn't Peter's girlfriend and Harry's shown no indication that he knew Peter liked her, so him going Lizard and screaming 'TRAITOOOORRR!' right to Harry's face makes him look like such a whiny, entitled **** who believes that cause he likes Gwen no one else is 'allowed' to.

Then again, the comic run has issues with sympathy. Gwen and the narrative treat Harry like a misguided youth who just made a mistake. Nevermind the fact that Harry collaborated with a terrorist group and gave them access to unstable chemicals that turn people into Lizard rage monsters. Oh, and as Cap helpfully points out, there's no cure. He did all this to try and murder Spider-Woman for his own ego, which Gwen herself points out since he knew that Peter was the Lizard. Despite this Gwen insists Harry's just a misguided youth and that SHIELD is wrong for sending the Wolverines after him. Guess those six plus innocent people he doomed to a shitty life are collateral.

Know who she doesn't treat as misguided? Frank Castle. Frank Castle became obsessed with her and wanted to arrest her. This has to be emphasized. Even at his lowest all he wanted to do was unmask her and, failing that, dump her in front of the police station. Was he crazy? Yes. But he also legitimately thinks Gwen is a murderer and even then he didn't try to murder her for his own ego. Despite this he's treated as irreedeemble and both Gwen and the narrative treat him as an unstable, remorseless prick. Even him trying to take a picture of Gwen unmasked is capped off by him sporting the cheesiest, most unsubtle psycho grin:

So, Harry trying to murder her? He deserves a second chance! Castle trying to unmask her? He's lost it! He can't turn back!

I harped on this before, but...Ghost Spider's introduction, ladies and gentlemen:

Also, Gwen's dialogue:

Gwen: "Ugh...won't do you any good." *Webs down the last officer* "Next time, come prepared."

Jameson must be creaming himself with this. This coupled with Patriot using small missiles in an urban setting and I wonder if the writers didn't think how badly this makes their heroes look. I hope Inferno doesn't start a building fire or something. Seriously, though, Gwen can webswing, dodge gunfire near automatically and can glide like a flying squirrel - the cops wouldn't be able to catch up and yet she doesn't even try to escape first. And even besides this, why does she act so petty and hostile, scoffing and talkng down to the cops? She's like this for just about everyone she encounters in-costume, even when they try to be understanding. I guess it's cause she's still in the anger stage of grief, but it looks bizarre.

The story tries to paint her as a victim of circumstance, and she is, but her behavior really doesn't help her case and it becomes unintentionally funny when she starts complaining about how people throw blame around and are obsessed with punishment when she makes next to no effort to plead her case and acts belligerent even when people try to meet her halfway.

Making this even worse is how it contrasts her comic introduction. While I still think it's partially her fault for sitting in plain view on top of the train, Gwen actually does try to avoid conflict and chews the guy out for shooting at a crowded train station where the bullets could hit someone else.

On the other hand, one thing that's not explained: where the heck did Rising!Gwen get her gear? She already had the suit when she revealed her identity to Kevin so he didn't make it. She shows no webshooters so we can assume her webs are organic, fine, but her suit has a freaking web wingsuit she used to glide like a flying squirrel. Did Gwen make that? Somehow I doubt it since she shows no signs of Peter-level intelligence. During target practice with Kevin she also uses a tiny drone tied to her phone, though I can at least assume she bought that.

My problem with 65-Peter is that he's never shown as anything but a Supervillain in the making. Yes, we get why he did this: he was physically and emotionally tormented and then his best friend/crush starts defending him, which likely destroyed any sense of confidence and self-worth he might have. And he also very likely didn't intend to become a rage monster - my guess is he wanted to be Superpowered in the same vein as Gwen and then lord it over his bullies.

The problem comes that we never see his good sides. Gwen and May talk about how he was a sweet boy that just got warped into a monster, but in the flashbacks we never see any hint of this so-called sweet boy. What little we do see paints him as belligerent, clingy and entitled: even before he got turned into the Lizard he was stuck in his own head about Spider-Woman, seemed to have no friends besides Gwen and Harry, and even then he kinda treated them like ****. With Harry he makes a figurine of the Green Goblin despite knowing that Harry hated the nickname. When he throws a tantrum at Harry refusing to be called by his bullying moniker Harry flat out tells Gwen that Peter was trying to drag Harry down to his level out of crab mentality and he just wasn't taking that ****.

And Gwen? Christ. His reason for turning into the Lizard seems to be 1/3 wanting to be special, 1/3 wanting to 'show them all', and 1/3 because Harry asked Gwen out (which she didn't even accept, by the by, because she was clueless to romance) and acting entitled and pissy that his friend dared to ask out the girl he liked. Gwen wasn't Peter's girlfriend and Harry's shown no indication that he knew Peter liked her, so him going Lizard and screaming 'TRAITOOOORRR!' right to Harry's face makes him look like such a whiny, entitled **** who believes that cause he likes Gwen no one else is 'allowed' to.

Then again, the comic run has issues with sympathy. Gwen and the narrative treat Harry like a misguided youth who just made a mistake. Nevermind the fact that Harry collaborated with a terrorist group and gave them access to unstable chemicals that turn people into Lizard rage monsters. Oh, and as Cap helpfully points out, there's no cure. He did all this to try and murder Spider-Woman for his own ego, which Gwen herself points out since he knew that Peter was the Lizard. Despite this Gwen insists Harry's just a misguided youth and that SHIELD is wrong for sending the Wolverines after him. Guess those six plus innocent people he doomed to a shitty life are collateral.

Know who she doesn't treat as misguided? Frank Castle. Frank Castle became obsessed with her and wanted to arrest her. This has to be emphasized. Even at his lowest all he wanted to do was unmask her and, failing that, dump her in front of the police station. Was he crazy? Yes. But he also legitimately thinks Gwen is a murderer and even then he didn't try to murder her for his own ego. Despite this he's treated as irreedeemble and both Gwen and the narrative treat him as an unstable, remorseless prick. Even him trying to take a picture of Gwen unmasked is capped off by him sporting the cheesiest, most unsubtle psycho grin:

So, Harry trying to murder her? He deserves a second chance! Castle trying to unmask her? He's lost it! He can't turn back!

I honestly agree with everything you wrote.
    The beginning while I understand the team wanted Gwen to show off her powers the darker personality she gives off is not helpful. Webbing the police is one thing as she's self defending herself and the webs are non lethal and will go away in time but it could of been shown and done better if right after this she immediately jumped back to he location of where she smashed from looking in then show anger. Angry not just that she's in grief (as shown in the 2nd part that she's still suffering) but that she finally found the killer and now she lost her agian much to her fury. Her tone and disrespect to the cops just doing their jobs then comes less from logic but emotions she was feeling and then later she could of mentioned that during her battle with Patriot if he brought it up and that she was sorry for how she treated them.
    Gwen of all the characters I feel should treat the cops with respect and only be negative with good cause when they perform a action that is reckless or could negatively affect the Police department as she has a experience that other characters don't have: her father's a cop. Thus she might know from just hearing about the dangers her father has to go though plus when one bad cop is revealed all cops get a hit in negative presentation including her good hard working father. Due to family connections Gwen of all the character should of been treating the NYPD with respect. Many other Spider character hero would be apologizing to the cops right after and telling them that the webs would dissolve but he/she had to protect himself/herself Gwen just disrespected.

I also wonder why Captain Stacy said along the lines of incompetence when seeing the video himself the cops didn't make a error as much just don't have the tools/super abilities to handle that threat level on them. He disrespected the cops there as well for a second. Bit overly harsh.

I also agree that while I like many elements of the comic series those parts should of been looked over better.

I hope the the new writer shows Gwen taking responsibility in some forms for past actions she and even others have done. Using her Venom powers to heal those affected by the Lizard serum in the same way Harry got cured but better with no markings. Harry taking full responsibility. Plus Castle being free after a reviewed showed he was right about his attacks when gwen ousted herself but the damages done during his hunt still apart of his record but he had served his own time for them.

In the comics, her gear was made by Janet van Dyne. It's not impossible for that to be the case here.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Also, Gwen's dialogue:

First, I just want to say that's probably the best animated and fluid sequence in a Marvel cartoon I've seen in a while.

I think the only time I've seen Spidey actively fight the police was in the Amazing Spider-Man movie where he webbed up some of the officers who were coming after him, although on the whole I'm more used to Spiders running from the police instead of engaging them. Although the typical police don't have laser guns...

I was actually kind of wondering if this world resembled Earth-65 enough to where there was a version of Jameson haranguing "Ghost Spider." Could have been a fun way to work in Bob Joles' Jonah.

I actually wonder if Peter exists as Spider-Man in the Marvel Rising universe and that's why they created a stand-in of him for Gwen's origin. Though we still see members of his supporting cast pop up still as members of her band (although as the versions from her universe, so...it's a dual supporting cast thing I guess? Though Betty looked unrecognizable).
    When she took off her gloves to reveal the bracelet I was actually looking to see if she had web-shooters. So either it's organic webbing or they're actually in the gloves instead of on her wrists.

I also noticed the Web-Wings which are new even for Spider-Gwen. Peter had them in the MCU, but those were from Tony Stark, while in the current cartoon he just designed them himself with Horizon High resources.

Maybe Gwen has some kind of secret benefactor like the "mysterious" Earth-65 Janet Van Dyne in the comics.

Organic webbing would make sense actually. She'll have ditched the shooters in the comics now, as her powers are symbiote derived.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Fantastic Member

Gwen getting her gear from 65-Janet feels like such a copout because nothing was done with this. We know from the bio that 65-Wasp was a retiring hero, but this does **** all to explain how Gwen met her and why Janet gave her a custom designed suit and infinite use webshooters. Gwen definitely couldn't have paid for it with her drumming and bodega job, so she must have earned it somehow. I legit thought Janet was gonna show up during Gwen's trial, but nada. Freaking Spider-Ham shows up to testify on her character, but not the woman who trusted Gwen enough to design tech and a costume that must've cost thousands of dollars at least and, directly or indirectly, helped continue her vigilante spree for those two years she was wanted.

Speaking of other lacking characters, where the **** were the Osborns? These are two people Gwen has directly helped and Norman Osborn's testimony on her character would've been massive. But no, neither show up for the trial despite Harry owing his cure to her and Norman owing her for saving his son.

As for Rising Gwen, I still stand by my stance that her attacking the cops is bizarre. I get they wanted to show off her powers, but they couldn't think of another way? Why not show her fighting criminals and the cops arrive and shoot at her, forcing her to run? Gwen always ran from the cops in the comics. This is doubly weird since she's raised by Captain Stacy, so she would have double reason not to want to attack officers.

I'm also iffy on Glory's role. Yeah, the Spider-Gwen comic bio says she's Gwen's best friend, but similar to the Kevin situation wouldn't Mary Jane have worked better from an audience perspective? That and by the later timeline of the SG comics Mary Jane is the first to find out about Gwen's powers and also shows herself to be supportive while Glory continues to deny and ignore the possibility of Gwen being Spider-Woman until Gwen just spells it out to everyone. Seems like having MJ and Gwen as friends would've worked better, especially given their canon friendship in the 616 comics. That and Tara Strong being here and saying maybe a handful of lines feels...odd.

It does seem interesting, for the most part. However (as other posters have pointed out) I don't like her attacking cops.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Gwen getting her gear from 65-Janet feels like such a copout because nothing was done with this. We know from the bio that 65-Wasp was a retiring hero, but this does **** all to explain how Gwen met her and why Janet gave her a custom designed suit and infinite use webshooters. Gwen definitely couldn't have paid for it with her drumming and bodega job, so she must have earned it somehow. I legit thought Janet was gonna show up during Gwen's trial, but nada. Freaking Spider-Ham shows up to testify on her character, but not the woman who trusted Gwen enough to design tech and a costume that must've cost thousands of dollars at least and, directly or indirectly, helped continue her vigilante spree for those two years she was wanted.

Speaking of other lacking characters, where the **** were the Osborns? These are two people Gwen has directly helped and Norman Osborn's testimony on her character would've been massive. But no, neither show up for the trial despite Harry owing his cure to her and Norman owing her for saving his son.

As for Rising Gwen, I still stand by my stance that her attacking the cops is bizarre. I get they wanted to show off her powers, but they couldn't think of another way? Why not show her fighting criminals and the cops arrive and shoot at her, forcing her to run? Gwen always ran from the cops in the comics. This is doubly weird since she's raised by Captain Stacy, so she would have double reason not to want to attack officers.

I'm also iffy on Glory's role. Yeah, the Spider-Gwen comic bio says she's Gwen's best friend, but similar to the Kevin situation wouldn't Mary Jane have worked better from an audience perspective? That and by the later timeline of the SG comics Mary Jane is the first to find out about Gwen's powers and also shows herself to be supportive while Glory continues to deny and ignore the possibility of Gwen being Spider-Woman until Gwen just spells it out to everyone. Seems like having MJ and Gwen as friends would've worked better, especially given their canon friendship in the 616 comics. That and Tara Strong being here and saying maybe a handful of lines feels...odd.

I also agree with these statements and I was thinking of MJ being a missed opportunity here. Both are the most notable of the Woman with the lore and Multiverse of the Spiders and many multiverse would have them be this. For fans watching I'm sure they expected this and have no idea who Glory is in any Multiverse yet (which might be though why they wanted Glory to give a speech so others might be interested to who is unknown might be or hoping to have more space to try things with vs the one shown already by other mediums MJ and Betty).
    Still as a MJ and a Gwen fan I would of enjoyed MJ being not just the band leader but seeing that Gwen despite putting on a smiling face is still hurting with reasoning that MJ knows Gwen well (not to the same degree as her fallen friend but possible 2nd best). Then later MJ suppecting due to just knowing Gwen that she is Ghost-Spider (I was about to writer Spider-Woman as a knee jerk as that Ghost Spider name still hasn't reeled me in to the point of sinking in my psyche)

In one of the Spider-Gwen issues a cop who knew Captain Stacy and saw him as a 2nd father wanted to give Captain Stacy a gift during Christmas. He was shown to be a positive cop and gave Captain Stacy a gift hoping he would enjoy it during his temporary stay in prison while the trial was being setup. I like seeing that vs 'all cops but Captain Stacy and De Wolf are corrupt' tone. To see good hero cops wanting to do there jobs right while also seeing corrupt hidden within. Let's face it 'superheroes' unlike cops have NO way to hold accountable in many forms or paperwork plus has powers vs the necessary bravery and teamwork non-powered heroes. Cops as individuals form can be good but seen as a whole are distrusted and seen as corrupt. Superheroes we see as individuals but grouped together what is stopping from the public to place them in the same group light of corruption?
    I think that one good cop got his hand broken by Gwen in one issue and we never saw him agian.

Let me also take this time to post about another comics character and one that showed her local police in a better light. One whom I love and these posts are furthering my support: Kamala Khan (really her writer). I don't know if others have read her first two tradebooks but I recall a great moment in her series that if she gets a movie will happen (and if not in a live action MCU movie then maybe on this show by Kamala or by Gwen in some form after she is proven innocent):

RCO010 (1).jpg
    Then when the cops show up (plus looking back at the series it seems the good cops ambasador in the series is this one guy here she talks to) they help and even save Ms Marvel and some other's lives
    RCO019.jpg
    and admistiance that it was nice to have her help vs cranky cops seen in other series
    RCO020.jpg

It might be nice to see Gwen firing a web shot to safy only to miss but the web line caught in time by cops saving her life.

Making the pictures bigger.

Fantastic Member

Ms. Marvel is bizarre because she seems to live in the world where the citizens don't act like suicidal, ungrateful racists.

DC honestly handles this way better. There the heroes are usually treated with respect, and the JLU episode Patriot act showcased this pretty. Also, Spider-Gwen's case is supremely stupid even by Marvel standards. I posted it in another thread:

"To be fair, her being blamed for Peter's death was fucking stupid. I actually like the idea of it, but the execution is terrible. Did the dozens if not hundreds of witnesses seriously forget the giant fucking Lizard and Gwen stepping in to defend them? Wouldn't the general assumption be that Peter died in the crossfire and Gwen was unable to protect him? This would still shame her in the eyes of the public, except now she looks like a failure instead of a murderer, and either way it'd definitely affect her psyche and guilt complex. I love Spider-Gwen, but her backstory is contrived and relies on Jameson having more persuasion powers than the king of the goddamn universe. "

Here, at least Hala specifically leaves no traces and there were no witnesses. In the comics, Peter crashed a high school prom. How in the **** does not a single person call bullshit on Jameson? That'd be like if in ASM 1 when Connors attacked the school everyone blamed Spider-Man for the damage and forgot all about the 10 foot tall reptile. There's being ungrateful and stupid, and there's ignoring the loaded shotgun aimed at your eyeballs.

Maybe it's just a New York thing. Kamala lives across the river in Jersey!