Page 98 of 124 FirstFirst ... 4888949596979899100101102108 ... LastLast
Results 1,456 to 1,470 of 1848
    BANNED

BANNED

Awesome! I'm not really familiar with the artist here, but I really like their style. I feel like it's been forever since Gwen's last series. I can't wait until we can finally start buying her book every month again. Also I love that second page there. Gwen is supposed to be screaming at the guy running away I think, but it looks like she's just really shocked she let one get away.

The art is more traditional super hero art. I'm gonna miss Rodriguez.

Fantastic Member

I just love that she's being happy and thanked again...though it does contradict the last series where she says she'll be less of a crimefighter and more of an everyday hero. Guess that vow didn't last long.

Quote Originally Posted by eratas123 View Post
    I just love that she's being happy and thanked again...though it does contradict the last series where she says she'll be less of a crimefighter and more of an everyday hero. Guess that vow didn't last long.
    how can you be a everyday hero without crimefighting?

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    how can you be a everyday hero without crimefighting?
    At the end of her run she helped a guy about to fall off from a burning building and her dad specifically made a point that the sirens were from a firetruck, not a police car. Gwen herself argues she's tired of just beating up people:

the 616 version of Gwen was super important to me as a kid.
    Well that's unexpected. Someone who actually liked Silver Age Gwen.
    she’s that classic female character who died not because of any choices she made, but to push forward the story of the male character she interacts with.
    It seems like there's a tendency to forget Gwen's death effected Mary Jane too.
    Because every woman who’s ever been reading Marvel for any length of time is standing on their chair and screaming at the top of their lungs right now.” She’s giving us back something that we never voluntarily lost.
    I feel like this is saying there was more of a demand for the return of Gwen Stacy then there actually was. Especially considering how little Earth-65 Gwen actually resembles 616 Gwen beyond being a blonde college student with a cop dad.
    Out of all of the Spider-People, including Peter Parker, Gwen Stacy has the most over-developed sense of responsibility.
    Eh...I guess I get where she's coming from with this, but I think it's more because of how much of a mess her life and career became over time then saying she has more of a sense of responsibility then Peter Parker.
    We will definitely see the origin of that.
    I'll be interested to see how they come up with the name here, especially if it's going to be a natural build-up to it.
    So what we had that whole time was a book with a character whose code name was not in the title. That’s confusing.
    Did they? I don't really think it was that confusing, or at least it didn't seem to bother readers that much (but I guess marketing is a different story).
    So what happens if someone is swinging at Gwen and you shout, “Spider-Woman look out!”? How many members of your team just hit the floor
    Wouldn't that same issue come up if someone said "Spider-Man look out!"?
    has always had that white aesthetic, which means the name “Ghost-Spider” fits her look.
    Well, that's a simplistic way of justifying, but one of the few ways I've come up with, so we're in agreement .
    How is she ever going to date? Everybody knows she’s Spider-Woman. And talk about the cape chasers!
    So will Gwen actually have a love life this time around?
    I love that her Gwen Stacy looks like a girl in her early ’20s. She’s not drawn like she’s still a teenager because she can’t be one anymore.
    This reminds me of all the debates about her age (which was kind of amusing during the controversy over the Miles relationship).
    She’s the first college age Spider in a while
    I guess that's true. I don't think any other Spider is in their early 20's (Cindy acts like it, but she's closer to Peter's age).
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    The art is more traditional super hero art. I'm gonna miss Rodriguez.
    It reminds me a bit of Veronica Fish's art.

Gwen used to be 19, but that year in the slammer definitely makes her 20 or 21 now. And yeah, Silk is the same age as Peter (and Jessica and Mockingbird) but her decade in the bunker means she still acts like a teenager due to lack of life experience.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Gwen used to be 19, but that year in the slammer definitely makes her 20 or 21 now. And yeah, Silk is the same age as Peter (and Jessica and Mockingbird) but her decade in the bunker means she still acts like a teenager due to lack of life experience.
    Definitely 21 - seasons change during her stint before prison and the trial was 6 months long, so she had to have been at least 20 when she started her sentence. Course, considering Miles is still 16-17 I wonder how they explain the time dysphoria.

And yeah, Cindy is basically a teenager - Mockingbird and Jessica Drew treat her as such and she didn't physically change much either. During Spider(fly) effect Cindy and 616 went back to when Peter and Cindy were 15 and upon seeing their past selves Peter stutters out a comment about how Cindy looks almost exactly the same.

Definitely 21 - seasons change during her stint before prison and the trial was 6 months long, so she had to have been at least 20 when she started her sentence. Course, considering Miles is still 16-17 I wonder how they explain the time dysphoria.

And yeah, Cindy is basically a teenager - Mockingbird and Jessica Drew treat her as such and she didn't physically change much either. During Spider(fly) effect Cindy and 616 went back to when Peter and Cindy were 15 and upon seeing their past selves Peter stutters out a comment about how Cindy looks almost exactly the same.
    With them re-emphasizing Miles as a high school student and Gwen as being college-age, I'm curious if that'll preclude any future romance between them (beyond the fact that relationships between characters with different books generally don't work).

Cindy always struck me as having the developed body of someone in their early 20's instead of high school, but I guess in comics those are sometimes harder to gauge .

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    With them re-emphasizing Miles as a high school student and Gwen as being college-age, I'm curious if that'll preclude any future romance between them (beyond the fact that relationships between characters with different books generally don't work).

Cindy always struck me as having the developed body of someone in their early 20's instead of high school, but I guess in comics those are sometimes harder to gauge .
    The Miles romance petered off anyway. The author did mention how hard romance is going to be for Gwen, though, with her open identity and the cape chasers around. Shame MJ got with Glory, it would've been interesting to see these two together.

It seems more like 21 Jump Street - Cindy can pass for a teenager, but it doesn't mean she hasn't aged at all. Though, look at her side by side with her teenage brother during some scenes, especially the Spider-Women crossover. They do not look 10 years apart.

Oddly enough, Earth 65 Cindy actually looks like a woman pushing 30 due ti her attire and makeup, so eh.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think it depends on the artist, Humberto Ramos and the others who drew her in the pre-Spider-Verse and Spider-Verse arcs made her look closer to Peter's age (for obvious reasons), but then Stacey Lee and those artists in Silk's main book made her appear significantly younger, around early 20s.

Narnia time. Time doesn't flow at the same rate in 65 and 616. It's that easy.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

The Miles romance petered off anyway. The author did mention how hard romance is going to be for Gwen, though, with her open identity and the cape chasers around. Shame MJ got with Glory, it would've been interesting to see these two together.
    The idea of Gwen and MJ together seems to jump at people for some reason .
    It seems more like 21 Jump Street - Cindy can pass for a teenager, but it doesn't mean she hasn't aged at all. Though, look at her side by side with her teenage brother during some scenes, especially the Spider-Women crossover. They do not look 10 years apart.
    I think Cindy's probably the kind of adult who will definitely get carded in bar even if she doesn't look exactly like a teenager.
    Oddly enough, Earth 65 Cindy actually looks like a woman pushing 30 due ti her attire and makeup, so eh.
    She also carried herself older, but in Cindy's costume they looked pretty identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    I think it depends on the artist, Humberto Ramos and the others who drew her in the pre-Spider-Verse and Spider-Verse arcs made her look closer to Peter's age (for obvious reasons), but then Stacey Lee and those artists in Silk's main book made her appear significantly younger, around early 20s.
    Considering Robbie Thompson and Stacey Lee's Silk is generally regarded more as the "real" Silk, I defer to them in this instance .