Page 99 of 124 FirstFirst ... 49899596979899100101102103109 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,485 of 1848

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    The idea of Gwen and MJ together seems to jump at people for some reason .
    I wonder why?

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    I wonder why?
    Probably cause of pics like this:

Note the second pic is canon, albeit from another universe. Canon-wise it's a mix of Peter being dead and MJ usually being tied to whoever gets bitten - hell, in one world she ended up with 2099/Miguel O'Hara. Interactions wise the two were kinda hostile at the beginning, but MJ finds out Gwen's identity first and she's remarkably supportive all around while her two other friends remain in denial. MJ's character development into a less selfish person and better friend also ties into when she found out Gwen's identity, which ties the two better.

Probably also helps that 65-MJ is canonically bisexual, having an ex-boyfriend and going out with Glory Grant later. Jury's still out on Gwen, but a bunch of fans seem to consider Gwen bi for whatever reason. My guess is it's cause of the lack of viable male love interests: Peter's dead (and he wasn't a catch even before that), Harry tried to murder her, Miles had no chemistry, she and 616 don't actually like each other that much etc etc. Mary Jane is probably the best by comparison.

Fantastic Member

So given that Venom is going to be tackled for the new Ghost Spider, any chances the relationship will be like this?

Then again, her Venom seems pretty mean. Eddie's is far nicer while Gwen's is a growly little chihuahua:

In the comics, does Ghost Spider have natural webs or did she invent her own webcasters?

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    In the comics, does Ghost Spider have natural webs or did she invent her own webcasters?
    Neither. Janet van Dyne of that universe invented the web-shooters and bequeathed them to Gwen when she retired from super-heroics. Shame the only mention of Janet was in Gwen's Official Handbook-style bio at the end of the first issue of the post-Secret Wars Spider-Gwen. You'd think she'd have something to say about Gwen ending up on trial and in prison for a year after revealing her identity.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

While that's true, Gwen's web shooters are now obsolete, due to her using a Venom symbiote. Part of the Venom powerset is organic webs.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Fantastic Member

Maybe th new author will do something with Janet. She does want to focus on Gwen finding her place in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    While that's true, Gwen's web shooters are now obsolete, due to her using a Venom symbiote. Part of the Venom powerset is organic webs.
    Are they? This Venom has varying powers from the 616 version, notably the gummi bear spiders Gwen uses to watch out for her friends and dad and the fact that it's so radiactive it just kills people worse than Peter's radioactive spider spooge. It's also very noticeably NOT weak to sonics - Murdock lied about that because he didn't want Gwen to think of using sonics against HIM. So right off the bat it disregards a lot of clasisic symbiote lore.

That and Gwen would be hilariously overpowered if she had all of the normal Venom abilities. One of its most basic abilities is 70 ton strength, for glob's sake. If she had that absolutely nothing would be able to touch her and she could bowl over supervillains by sneezing in their general direction since Earth-65 seems to be a low power setting. My guess is it just gave her back her default powers, gummi bear spiders aside.

Is it wrong that I've read more comics with Sarah Stacy than her mother?

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Is it wrong that I've read more comics with Sarah Stacy than her mother?
    Considring the stuff Sarah got up to? Yes, it's wrong and sick and you should feel bad.

I find myself suddenly vary curious what Spider-Gwen would think of Sarah.. especially given that Sarah's powers are Goblin serum-based.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    I find myself suddenly vary curious what Spider-Gwen would think of Sarah.. especially given that Sarah's powers are Goblin serum-based.
    Gwen: "So first I'm dead everywhere and now I have an adult sized daughter who also has a crush in Peter? I hate the multiverse..."

Before we were showing off some talented artists that made great fanart or a fan comic.
    Having found this recently I wanted to showcase another talented artist that made a short wordless comic featuring Gwen:

6 pages in total so I'll have to split this. Here is a link to the artist: https://www.deviantart.com/fajardo10

Symbiotes? Drawn before the Gwenom arc was published I assume.

I can imagine Silk introducing Gwen to Mockingbird during one of her 616 visits, and Bobbi giving her that Ask Me About My Feminist Agenda t-shirt as a gift.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Symbiotes? Drawn before the Gwenom arc was published I assume.

I can imagine Silk introducing Gwen to Mockingbird during one of her 616 visits, and Bobbi giving her that Ask Me About My Feminist Agenda t-shirt as a gift.
    Gwen already met Mockingbird during the Spider-Women crossover, where she arrested both her and Silk for Earth-65 Cindy's crimes while masquerading as Earth-616 Silk.

Bobbi even complimented Gwen's costume before throwing her into a paddy wagon .