Page 56 of 124 FirstFirst ... 64652535455565758596066106 ... LastLast

I assume if they do introduce Spider-Gwen, which I think has been confirmed at this point for the second Spider-Verse, they'll just completely gloss over her having any relationship or meaningfullness to Peter and her death.

It would just be really random if they introduced a Gwen Stacy into the cartoon now, especially when Peter isn't even going to school now, just to setup Spider-Gwen's appearance. And they're definitely not going to kill off a Gwen Stacy or just assumed it happened.

So while they're obviously going to lose some of the appeal Spider-Gwen has in being a Gwen Stacy who didn't die and became a hero of her world, they're likely going to try and make up for it by emphasizing the style of the comic and the cool costume.

Checking Wacker's tumblr...

http://askwacker.tumblr.com/post/136...gwen-appear-in

Anonymous Asked
    Question
    Will there be a Black Cat or Spider-Gwen appear in Ultimate Spider-Man - Season 4?

Answer
    Almost.
    Take that for what it's worth.

I found this on the Squirrel Girl Appreciation thread

Squirrel Gwen:
    qb2t7d9.jpg

BANNED

So I guess Spider-Gwen is the one-per-box figure, 'cause sellers and collectors are out in force to clean stores out. Took me three Walmarts and a TRU to find this pretty lady today.

Congrats.

What's a TRU?
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    Congrats.

What's a TRU?
    Toys R Us.

It became personal after a seller beat me to the Gwen at the first store by literally 30 seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by cyberhubbs View Post
    So I guess Spider-Gwen is the one-per-box figure, 'cause sellers and collectors are out in force to clean stores out. Took me three Walmarts and a TRU to find this pretty lady today.

I really need to get that figure
    Life Finds A Way
    God Loves Man Kills
    What Is Thy Bidding My Master
    Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken
    Till All Are One

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by a0040pc View Post
    I really need to get that figure
    They're a little hard to find because Walmart isn't putting them with the other Marvel Legends figures. Found mine in a cardboard endcap display around the corner and like two toy aisles down. First store had them on the opposide end of the aisle and on a completely random shelf.

I may start looking in the sporting goods section if I wanna get another.

Quote Originally Posted by cyberhubbs View Post
    They're a little hard to find because Walmart isn't putting them with the other Marvel Legends figures. Found mine in a cardboard endcap display around the corner and like two toy aisles down. First store had them on the opposide end of the aisle and on a completely random shelf.

I may start looking in the sporting goods section if I wanna get another.
    I live in the UK so no chance of me going to Wallmart.
    Life Finds A Way
    God Loves Man Kills
    What Is Thy Bidding My Master
    Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken
    Till All Are One

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JediMindTrick View Post
    KEEP HER DEAD!

Other than Uncle Ben there has probably never been a more important death in all of comicdom in terms of impact. I'd hate to see that cheapened and lost. Think about how much Jean Grey's death mattered until it didn't anymore when they brought her back. Now the Dark Phoenix saga is a nice story but doesn't have near the emotional impact that is used to. I'd hate to see Gwen's death trivialized like that.
    Disagree. To me Kurt Busiek came up with a very clever way of bringing 616 Marvel Girl back to the 616 Marvel Universe. To me, the Dark Phoenix saga REMAINS to have the very same emotional impact forever.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by dddaaavvv View Post
    If Marvel had just let her rest in peace and be a tragedy for Peter to reflect on occasionally, like in Spider-man Blue, I would agree with you, but she has been brought back in so many ways, as a clone, as a character in alternate universes, in cartoons, in movies, unnecessarily I would point out, that IMHO her death has already been trivialized. She is being used as an enticement to lure people into these media. Also considering how many other characters have been resurrected and the fact that after 40+ years IMHO the emotional impact is already lost. Her death has been exploited more than respected.
    LOVED 616 Joyce Delaney!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cameron Samurai View Post
    I've never been a fan of 616 Gwen and always preferreed MJ to her. Stories like "Sins Past" have played a large part in me never wanting to see her show up. I'm sorry, but if she really loved Peter as much as fans claim, she wouldnt have slept with Norman Osborn under any circumstances.

Every other Gwen on the other hand has been nothing short of magnificent. Ultimate Gwen reminds me of some of my old gal pals who looked after me in school.
    That was, to me, one godawful story.

BANNED

I believe that two What If's were done regarding Gwen not dying. The one I remember, was WAY back and Spidey saved Gwen from dying, although it didn't have a happy ending, but that was written LONG before Sins Past, so naturally that was never addressed. A What If that would resolve all this Sins Past unpleasantness would give me a certain degree of satisfaction (if it has a happy ending!) but my preference would be to have it in Spider-man canon and have Peter and Gwen live out the life they were supposed to have. Before the "powers that be" reset the forum, I had addressed this. I wanted to make Gwen something of an Oracle, but also (given her science and police background help in his crimefighting in many other ways.
    I read that story. It was nice.

BANNED

Hey KurtW95,
    Just a personal thanks for this thread. I'm glad you revived Gwen's thread. She deserves it. Cheers.
    She certainly does

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cameron Samurai View Post
    Good ideas for Gwen. I could just imagine her having to work under someone like Jean DeWolff (another character in dire need of revival), especially given Jean's professional relationship with Peter being perhaps intrusive on her personal relationship with Peter
    Nah. 616 Jean DeWolff's death is so memorable to me. Just leave it like that.