Page 110 of 124 FirstFirst ... 1060100106107108109110111112113114120 ... LastLast
Results 1,636 to 1,650 of 1848

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think the thing is that the ending Latour gave set Gwen up to be a very different kind of hero then she was before, and that she didn't even really enjoy the kind of hero she was before, but that marketing and branding means that the next writer has to write her more as a traditional costumed Superhero.
    In some ways I think the character was a victim of her own success.

Fantastic Member

To be fair, I don't blame the author. A hero that just saves people from burning buildings really wouldn't be able to keep people's attention forever. People want to see struggles, and struggling against a burning building is infinitely less compelling than struggling against a Supervillain. Me personally I want more lighthearted street level hero stuff, and Issue 5 is set to deliver. I just want Gwen's status as an open hero to be acknowledged. If there are no consequences to unmasking then what the hell was the point of a secret identity?

Quote Originally Posted by eratas123 View Post
    Thing is, Captain America offered her that when Cap said she could do that if she joined Earth-65's suicide squad. Gwen refused that, so there's no reason for her to be legal:
    That was also because she was still not sure what she wanted to be, and her main priority was to get through the whole year of jail time as her personal penance for all the mistakes she made. Also a team run by sketchy SHIELD with that lineup, Gwen probably realizes its too much of a risk just to be someone else's tool.

Gwen even makes a point about not wanting to be a violent crimefighter anymore. Given what we've seen so far, though, I think the new author's just disregarding this considering she's back to beating up muggers.
    I wouldn't say it's completely disregarding. We have to wait till Issue 5 to see how her new dynamic really is, after just the brief moments in Issue 1, but it seems to me like she still wants to be a hero and still wants to help people, even if it involves getting into those violent confrontations. Alot of versions of Peter/Spider-Man are similar, they don't like fighting others but he does it in order to help people.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    That was also because she was still not sure what she wanted to be, and her main priority was to get through the whole year of jail time as her personal penance for all the mistakes she made. Also a team run by sketchy SHIELD with that lineup, Gwen probably realizes its too much of a risk just to be someone else's tool.

I wouldn't say it's completely disregarding. We have to wait till Issue 5 to see how her new dynamic really is, after just the brief moments in Issue 1, but it seems to me like she still wants to be a hero and still wants to help people, even if it involves getting into those violent confrontations. Alot of versions of Peter/Spider-Man are similar, they don't like fighting others but he does it in order to help people.
    I'm not disagreeing with her reasons, I'm just saying that no matter what her justification is there's no reason for her to be legal or not be under suspicion again now that she's back to open heroing.

You're right there. I really wish she wasn't relaunched right when Spider-Geddon takes place.

Hi! I’m interested in picking up Gwen’s solo runs but I’m a little bit confused so I was hoping that someone here can help?

I’ve read Spider Gwen vol 1 and I’m now at vol 2 (#2) but I’ve somehow seemed to miss her whole origin story including the bit with Peter turning into the lizard and dying? I’ve only gotten a summary of her origin at the end of vol 2 issue #1 (which was written as an extra thingy but not part of the actual issue). Or did her origin story happen off-panel instead?

Hope someone can help. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by rogueisbae View Post
    Hi! I’m interested in picking up Gwen’s solo runs but I’m a little bit confused so I was hoping that someone here can help?

I’ve read Spider Gwen vol 1 and I’m now at vol 2 (#2) but I’ve somehow seemed to miss her whole origin story including the bit with Peter turning into the lizard and dying? I’ve only gotten a summary of her origin at the end of vol 2 issue #1 (which was written as an extra thingy but not part of the actual issue). Or did her origin story happen off-panel instead?

Hope someone can help. Thanks!
    Spider-Gwen debuted in Edge of Spider-Verse #2. Her actual origin had already happened off-panel. Her first appearance and the first volume were collected in Spider-Gwen TP Vol. 0: Most Wanted.

(Then "Secret Wars" happened and the title went away for a few months.)

Edge of Spider-Verse #2 was reprinted as Spider-Gwen #0.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Ah okay. Since I’ve already read Egde of Spiderverse #2, I’m not missing out on anything as far as origin story goes right because it all happened off-panel?

Quote Originally Posted by rogueisbae View Post
    Ah okay. Since I’ve already read Egde of Spiderverse #2, I’m not missing out on anything as far as origin story goes right because it all happened off-panel?
    Nope. Everything else is covered in her actual, collected, solo book.

Fantastic Member

Pro-tip, I suggest reading the bios at the end of every issue. They actually delve a lot into the backstory of the characters that you'd never suspect without reading like the actual origins of the current Mary Janes band, Harry's actions after leaving school and where Gwen got her webshooters and costumes from.

Fantastic Member

Guess Spider-Gwen accidentally murdering her bets friend is a universal constant:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BWX8kTUXrWg

BANNED

Guess Spider-Gwen accidentally murdering her bets friend is a universal constant:

It's sort of the universe balancing itself out for the multiple "SNAPS" on Peter's end

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    It's sort of the universe balancing itself out for the multiple "SNAPS" on Peter's end
    Yeah, I had Noir point this out in my Noir and Spider-Gwen crossover fic :P In that case he's right since he's spent his time in Gwen's universe being hounded by psychopaths, being forced to ally with amoral anti-heroes and having Gwen treat him as her do-over for 65-Peter's death.

I completely flipped out at the cover reveal. That's so amazing they did that, AND gave Latour, Rodriguez, & Renzi shoutouts too!

I went and took some screenshot to see what issue of pages were used. In the brief second they flipped turning by I saw one of the pages which was when Gwen was defending Peter and I assumed it was all Edge of the Spider-Verse #2 placed in by Sony.

I slowed it down and did print screen a few times and here's 9 images of what I got.

Screenshot 2018-12-07 12.01.03.jpg

Screenshot 2018-12-07 12.01.09.jpg

Screenshot 2018-12-07 12.01.13.jpg

I don't know why this site takes the images from my computer and makes them smaller and less quality