Page 111 of 124 FirstFirst ... 1161101107108109110111112113114115121 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,665 of 1848

and lastly:

Screenshot 2018-12-07 12.01.29.jpg

Screenshot 2018-12-07 12.02.09.jpg

Screenshot 2018-12-07 12.02.14.jpg

Looking them over it seems that the animators scanned a few pages but then randomly places images and even word boxes in. Some grid images repeat or new pages and such so it's wasn't taking Edge of the Spider-Verse #2/Spider-Gwen #0 and putting that in but what images I guess Sony felt was clear and big enough and colorful enough to capture her vibe and placed them in even repeating some images if necessary or such.

I had hope Edge of the Spider-Verse #2 cover would be shown as that was the proper debut cover and made image by the artist for her but that other cover also fits very well.

However one thing has me shocked. What happened to the 'D' and 'R'! I'm assuming the animators used Illustrator to create the logo/title look and didn't bother to fix or missed cutting out with path tools the 'R's and 'D's.

I also paused it to see what design her father has. In the multiverse the father Captain Stacy has a different look many times. He's old but still active like 616 version, mid age or between mids age and older side and so much that like 'Gwen' who has a wide variety in the Multiverse 'Captain Stacy' while not profession wise but age wise and overall appearance doesn't have a mostly set look for him vs some others.

THis case he doesn't at all look like his 616 or 65 alternate versions but to be honest a mid age yet not that detailed basic cop. He has glasses and a mustache that I can see but the rest is covered up and doesn't stand out. The uniform doesn't scream out top detective captain like other designs but more basic level cop. Perhaps Gwen's father isn't a captain yet in her world for this movie version. Possible he might be at the same level Mile's father is allowing Gwen and Miles to bond over that that both have regular cop dads who put themselves in danger for others and the city and both had to be saved by the kids in secret. We don't know if Gwen's dad knows or discovered yet as well. The info given is very basic for new people discovering her and her life and relies heavily on the visual but little context so many might not know about her killing Peter in that scene vs beating a lizard 'bad guy'.

Also her web shooters, webs fired, and reaction are faster than speeding bullets when saving her father. The web line flew past the bullet flying to her dad.

Fantastic Member

Gwen's a baby:

spider-gwen should have been invented 25 years ago. I wonder why it took all this time to make gwen into an alternate world spider-hero? Oh well...

Fantastic Member

Cause for a long time Gwen was just Peter's dead girlfriend. Personality also factors in since you're hardly going to find mainstream acceptance of a tomboy punk rocker reimagining of a spoiled sweet rich girl in 1993 than you would in 2018.

Quote Originally Posted by eratas123 View Post
    Guess Spider-Gwen accidentally murdering her bets friend is a universal constant:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BWX8kTUXrWg
    I see they had the Lizard in there, although I wonder how they would handle Peter's death in this since this is "Cool and awesome Spider-Woman Gwen" and not "Conflicted and depressed Spider-Woman Gwen."

Also disappointed we didn't get to see her band.
    Gwen's a baby:

This is probably the closest Gwen's gotten to meeting the 616/baseline versions of Betty and Glory.

(Betty with long hair is weird).

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I see they had the Lizard in there, although I wonder how they would handle Peter's death in this since this is "Cool and awesome Spider-Woman Gwen" and not "Conflicted and depressed Spider-Woman Gwen."

Also disappointed we didn't get to see her band.

This is probably the closest Gwen's gotten to meeting the 616/baseline versions of Betty and Glory.

Actually, from what can be gathered from the previews, Gwen is conflicted and depressed. It's not a giant focus point, but it's noted that this version of Gwen, while still morally upright, seems more distant and aloof than what people expect from Spider-Gwen. Given the timeline it's very likely Peter's death is pretty fresh.

There are other preview pages. My favorite is Gwen always making up the same crappy excuse and freaking people out with her Spider-Venom suit:

Cause for a long time Gwen was just Peter's dead girlfriend. Personality also factors in since you're hardly going to find mainstream acceptance of a tomboy punk rocker reimagining of a spoiled sweet rich girl in 1993 than you would in 2018.
    Looking back at alternate Gwen Stacys of the vast Multiverse for me 'Gwen Stacy' has possibly the most variety of characterizations vs some others it seems. This vast interpretations, alterations, or reimagings 'Gwen Stays' has had seems to of started with X-Universe Vol 1 1 Gwendolyne Stacy (Earth-295) that came out in 1995 in my view.

Possible due to 20 years (or less considering even clone born Gwen Stacys are still alternate token Gwen Stacys possibly) since 616 Gwen died and for some time she wasn't used in comics so when a writer who possible grew up and recalled Gwen from their past/childhood began writing they possibly had free reign to make vast interactions of 'Gwen' t0o fit their world and desires in charazations. Doing so allowed Multiverse 'Gwens' to be less locked as one way per Earth vs some others who's fanbases would go nuts over the smallest changes. This gave Gwen the power of variety and unknowns for writers and readers per new Earth.
    Bendis made his own version of Gwen and also a clone that was treated to matter by the cast and NOT killed after she was born.

I recall other Gwens I loved such as the Spectacular Spiderman animated Series Gwen, Spider-Man Loves Mary Jane Earth, Spidey, Emma Stone version, the recent President Harry Osborn version Earth-51838, 617 seen in Spider-Gwen, 'Marvels', House of M, 40081, 7736, the recent Green Goblin Gwen looks interesting based on the backstory 3109, plus of course 65 Gwen Stacy/Spider-Woman/Ghost Spider.

Who knows what type of versions as it seems I'm going to like involving Multiverse Gwens. I feel I'm going to like the upcoming Spider-verse movie Gwen version based on ads.

Due to now to a MUCH higher use in Multiverse Earths and appearances then she had in the past 'Gwens' of the Multiverse might now be starting to get locked into a few areas like some other characters: science expert or rocker in terms of hobbies/jobs and she either going to be a tragic death inspired by 616 that had been used many times before (to the point it was becoming less shocking and more lacking of a punch) OR becoming a superhero inspired by 65 (with Peter (or another friend close to her) being the tragic death).

Still has some diffances like the recent IDW MARVEL ACTION SPIDER-MAN Gwen (as well as that version Miles and Peter all being the same age) aspiring to be a go getter reporter (something I read MJ fans were not happy about when a MJ reporter hopeful versions appeared and also complained about the PS4 game) plus now it seems outside of a signature Gwen headband (with some variety in designs of the band) some Gwens versions are now getting highlights.

Fantastic Member

Yeah, it's been a complaint that many of her recent characterizations are basically just different palette swaps of MJ with something added on top like her science aptitude in the ASM movies. And no, people aren't making that up. 616 Gwen herself comments on it:

I'm torn. I like this new characterization better, but the fact that she's become an MJ clone is kinda depressing for fans expecting Gwen Stacy.

Yeah, it's been a complaint that many of her recent characterizations are basically just different palette swaps of MJ with something added on top like her science aptitude in the ASM movies. And no, people aren't making that up. 616 Gwen herself comments on it:

I'm torn. I like this new characterization better, but the fact that she's become an MJ clone is kinda depressing for fans expecting Gwen Stacy.
    To be honest I don't see that. I read 616 MJ and 65 Gwen and those two are different character just as 616 and 65 Gwen have connections but also different characters. 616 MJ is her own character and many other Multiverse MJs are their own as well. Many similarities but at some point they can become from copy alternates to a true alternates from one choice or action from them or other.

Many times I might read a character saying "If your (girlfriend name) is anything like my (girlfriend name) then you should make sure she's close by" but I would love if it continued "...HOWEVER if she's not like mine maybe evil then dump that gal and my girlfriend is her own person and that makes her extra special!"

That's a common statement I find on the MJ fan thread. Something positive or little different from 616 Gwen..."clone of MJ". Emma Stone version..."clone of MJ". Earth-65..."clone of MJ"!

Now I like both characters but the only characterization that (616) MJ has for her is being a 'party girl'. Plus that element has gone past due to MJ's 616 character development.
    ANY OTHER thing: oh she's Lois Lane, "oh she's now... (name a character)" oh she's now...). I'm also curious if MJ was the first love interest to know the hero's secret? If not..."oh she's now..."

To be honest also speaking of clones: Betty and Veronica fans might call Gwen and MJ clones simply because when they were made both gals fought over one guy. Of course that isn't fair or right but many love to over simply, nitpick, or simply state somebody is a copy while forgoing any other differences that also might be around for that individual must be taken.

To many tropes just for one to hold the monopoly on them. Charazations (greatly for new Multiverse versions) can change per writer and culture they are made in. Plus what works for the world and cast and inspirations.
    The matter that Gwen is in a band means nothing to her connection to 616 MJ. Considering she's the drummer which supports and while necessary usually is the hidden lessor know member vs a singers or the guitarists which fits for MJ wanting the spotlight while Gwen wanting to do what she also loves but able to experience things from a different light.

Now in that scene where Clone Conspiracy (hoped she secretly lived as I liked her) Gwen says "she's so young". They should be about the same age really. 616 Gwen died in her early 20's maybe? So if she was resurrected or a new Gwen Stacy version on 616 born by science she would be done so as a young 20's or even late teens age like Earth-65 version might be. Not the same age as 616 Peter and MJ in their now 30's would be unless when cloned or resurrected with that in mind.

Gwen is open to so many drastic interpretations because in the Lee/Romita run she was flatter than a washboard that got crushed by a monster truck, shaved by a katana, and then molecularly separated into slices that are skinnier than air itself. It is a miracle our lord and savior Dan replicated all of that while also giving her agency.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    She has long hair in the IDW comics too. It's forgivable though, since both are AUs. It's not like they're being inconsistent when the 616 version appears, like when the usually bobbed Nadia (Unstoppable Wasp) suddenly had long hair when Mike Del Mundo drew her in Avengers.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Gwen is open to so many drastic interpretations because in the Lee/Romita run she was flatter than a washboard that got crushed by a monster truck, shaved by a katana, and then molecularly separated into slices that are skinnier than air itself. It is a miracle our lord and savior Dan replicated all of that while also giving her agency.
    To be fair while Stan Lee was the person who made first many of the wonderful cast of characters and as a writer had elements I enjoyed but for me it was OTHER writers that when passed the touch was able to continue them and make them into developed characters with Stan Lee's versions just the wide basic starting point. Stan Lee also wrote them not just influenced by how he wanted them but also influenced by the times, culture, and such factors we can see now when looking back.

The Invisible Woman from the Fantastic Four might have super powers but those powers were all 'defensive' powers (invisibility and force field shields) plus she was the 'damsel in distress' many times despite being apart of the team as that was a norm for female characters. OTHER writers came in and with a changing of culture, new inspirations, and creative thinking Invisible Woman Susan became the most POWERFUL (not counting super intengance Reed which Super smarts seems like a common 2nd super power half the cast has if not super healing or strength then) using her powers creatively showcasing them.

Jean Grey: 'The girl' of the group/team with distance from the action using (not yet strong) mental powers. After Stan Lee: OMEGA LEVEL POWER!

616 MJ: The party gal that cared only about herself and had had a shot at the darwin award wanting to head into danger because it looked cool but contributed nothing. Peter couldn't stand how she just cared just about herself and the drama she tried to make that hurt him or their friends in time. After Stan Lee (not counting newspaper MJ Stan Lee made later possibly influenced by the changing MJ and times) starting with Conway became a character starting on a character development and caring for others that lead her becoming the 616 MJ we mostly know today and I'm a fan of.

The gals made and written in 1960's to very early 1970's might be icons now but if reading them over today the past versions many might be shock how different they all were with many not feeling like anything special when read today and required growth by other writers or fading away in time.
    I was shocked how different 616 MJ was in the first 100 issues of Spider-man that Stan Lee made and how she for I personally wasn't likeable or 'deep' over time in just Stan's 1960 - early 1970's run (outside of the iconic intro to seeing her for the first time appearance page she was given by Stan and the artist) with only Conway making and using Gwen's death to be the kick off point to her slow growth that was needed for MJ. As a character if she never grew then I could see her just bunch with the other cast that has come and gone in the Spider-man series (though anybody made by Stan has better odds of showing up once in a while vs other 'after Stan' creator characters as he is 'STAN LEE') and Peter now dating his 69th love interest.

If 616 Gwen lived instead of being killed by Conway and other writers wrote her with ideas it could of been possible from those other writers that Gwen would have her evolved with the times in turn like 616 MJ did and other characters made in the 1960's. Still possible to showcase such in some ways by various writers with imagination and ideas and unknown future in comics despite the difficulty anything by a power of a writer and imagination is possible good or bad.

Stan was the best MJ writer. Rest in power, Tiger.