Page 77 of 124 FirstFirst ... 276773747576777879808187 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,155 of 1848

I don't think we have to worry about it, that cover was explained by the ending of today's issue.
    spoilers:
    The reason 616 Gwen is on that cover is because she was fighting Matt Murdock, who had her dimensional watch, and it triggered, sending her to Earth-616's past when Gwen was alive there. 616 Gwen mistakes 65 Gwen for Spider-Man.
    end of spoilers
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Co-host of Ultimate Spin - the Spider-Fan podcast for Miles Morales and Spider-Gwen!
    And check out our in-depth podcast interviews with their creators!

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I don't think we have to worry about it, that cover was explained by the ending of today's issue.
    spoilers:
    The reason 616 Gwen is on that cover is because she was fighting Matt Murdock, who had her dimensional watch, and it triggered, sending her to Earth-616's past when Gwen was alive there. 616 Gwen mistakes 65 Gwen for Spider-Man.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Y'know, it's funny to see Spider-Gwen go back to 616's past roughly at the same time as Spidey goes back to his own past, would be funny if they also went to the same era and end up meeting
    end of spoilers

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Hopefuly if Marvel is dumb enough to make a Spider-Man Prime, they're not dumb enough to make something like, let's say, punching the Web of Life and Destiny.

I can see that being used to ressurect Gwen though lolol.
    In Spider-Verse, the Superior Spider-Man did try to cut up the Web of Life and Destiny after slitting the Master Weaver's throat so that he could change his own fate (to eventually lose to Norman Osborn and have to relinquish control of his stolen body and life to Peter). Does that count?
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    In Spider-Verse, the Superior Spider-Man did try to cut up the Web of Life and Destiny after slitting the Master Weaver's throat so that he could change his own fate (to eventually lose to Norman Osborn and have to relinquish control of his stolen body and life to Peter). Does that count?
    What Spider-Otto did was going to destroy the multiverse though, not make random retcons, but it's close enough I guess lol.

What Spider-Otto did was going to destroy the multiverse though, not make random retcons, but it's close enough I guess lol.
    Hmm, maybe. As for the issue itself, that ending was definitely a shocker. Matt keeping Gwen's interdimensional transporter was quite the Chekhov's Gun, in TV Tropes' parlance.

Hmm, maybe. As for the issue itself, that ending was definitely a shocker. Matt keeping Gwen's interdimensional transporter was quite the Chekhov's Gun, in TV Tropes' parlance.
    What I find extra curious is Gwen going to 616's past at the same time as Spidey, Teresa and JJ went in Spectacular, either there's going to be a crossover, and hell, maybe it's even with Gwen's help they'll go back home, or it's a huge coincidence that different writters did this.

Also, it's funny that Matt basicaly wants Gwen, and I hear that Peter became Lizard because he wanted to be special like Gwen, and I think the same happened to Vulture too, do villains tend to have a crush/fall in love with Gwen or is it just those 3? 'Cause even just those 3 it's weird enough lol

What I find extra curious is Gwen going to 616's past at the same time as Spidey, Teresa and JJ went in Spectacular, either there's going to be a crossover, and hell, maybe it's even with Gwen's help they'll go back home, or it's a huge coincidence that different writters did this.

Also, it's funny that Matt basicaly wants Gwen, and I hear that Peter became Lizard because he wanted to be special like Gwen, and I think the same happened to Vulture too, do villains tend to have a crush/fall in love with Gwen or is it just those 3? 'Cause even just those 3 it's weird enough lol
    From his confessed backstory in the last issue, I don't think he wants her as a lover, but as someone who can actually relate to him on his level. To him, his power has become a cage, something that completely isolates him from other people, and as despicable as his actions are and have been, he's really driven by desperation and loneliness gnawing at whatever he has that can be called a soul. It's kind of pitiable, really. In that respect, he's not so different from the more heroic Matt Murdock we're familiar with in 616 and most other versions of the Marvel Universe.

From his confessed backstory in the last issue, I don't think he wants her as a lover, but as someone who can actually relate to him on his level. To him, his power has become a cage, something that completely isolates him from other people, and as despicable as his actions are and have been, he's really driven by desperation and loneliness gnawing at whatever he has that can be called a soul. It's kind of pitiable, really. In that respect, he's not so different from the more heroic Matt Murdock we're familiar with in 616 and most other versions of the Marvel Universe.
    Didn't mean him wanting her romanticaly (Though him wanting her like that could easily become romantic emotions, even if creepy), but I worded that poorly. But anyways, is it only those 3 who are like that? Peter apparently wanted to be special like her, and I hear Vulture is the same, and Matt wants someone to relate, any other villain has some sort of "attraction" towards her? Not romanticaly, just want something from her, be like her and whatnot.

Even 616 Gwen had all the boys after her, plus The Jackal for men of the older sort .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Even 616 Gwen had all the boys after her, plus The Jackal for men of the older sort .
    So Gwen is an unlucky dick magnet, while Peter is an unlucky pussy magnet? Fucking hell, they're really perfect for each other, I'd pity what would've happened with their kids, maybe they'd be so unlucky that even Daredevil would be shocked .

is there a 616 gwen story that has nothing to do with being kidnapped or tortured?

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    is there a 616 gwen story that has nothing to do with being kidnapped or tortured?
    The majority.

That said, there is an overlap between stories where she plays a major role and where she's kidnapped.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Spider-Gwen's on a soup can.

Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

BANNED

Preview of Spider-Gwen#30

https://www.cbr.com/spider-gwen-30/

spoilers:
    Classic Gwen took a brief moment after meeting Spider-Gwen to scream in an alleyway before composing herself and taking her twin to lunch. She asks if she's a clone, and reveals she knows about all that from Professor Warren's latest midterm lectures. Spider-Gwen begins losing control of her symbiote and she tells classic Gwen they don't belong here before departing. Meanwhile, the Watchers continue to debate the timeline distortions, and look at a chart of diverted events. The chart lists things like the "Defeat of Murdoch", "The Miles-Stacy Union" and "Formation of the Amazing Eight"
    end of spoilers