Page 113 of 124 FirstFirst ... 1363103109110111112113114115116117123 ... LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,695 of 1848

Line it is Drawn

Quote Originally Posted by eratas123 View Post
    Gwen's supposedly going to 'lead the way' for the Spider-Verse sequel and then she'll be the lead again in the all-female spin-off which involves her, Spider-Woman and Jessica Drew, apparently based on the Spider-Women crossover comic. It's a very Gwen slant for the movies, apparently. I'm not complaining, just hoping that Sony doesn't flub this.
    Which isn't too unsurprising considering how much Spider-Gwen is promoted .

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Which isn't too unsurprising considering how much Spider-Gwen is promoted .
    True, but she hasn't gotten much attention outside of her comic till recently. Hell, Silk had a solo movie planned ahead of her.

True, but she hasn't gotten much attention outside of her comic till recently. Hell, Silk had a solo movie planned ahead of her.
    I think her outside media promotions been steadily building up since the debut of "Spider-Gwen," with all her mobile game appearances, her much-publicized debut on Ultimate Spider-Man, being in the current Spider-Man cartoon (where Mary Jane is basically a no-show) and also being very prominent in all the marketing for Into the Spider-Verse.

Maybe it's not on the level of the comics, but I think its still fairly significant.

Fantastic Member

Huh, someone made a Spider-Gwen trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N38ul48B1M4

Actually looks pretty decent and, most importantly, comic accurate. Most don't try to delve into the Lizard/Peter.

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post

Line it is Drawn
    When I first saw this I didn't think of the Superman Red and Blue. I instead when seeing the two I thought that the Red and Blue were representation of the two majority colors in Peter's Spider-man costume coloring skeme plus also recalled for Gwen having the Blue Spider-man not just because MJ was sometimes called 'red' due to her strong hair coloring thus having the Red version but for Gwen the story Spider-Man: Blue dealing with a sad Peter Parker feeling 'blue' every Valentine's day dropping a rose off the Bridge for Gwen and recalling her. Thus why the artist paired her up with the Blue Spider-man.

Now that I think about it I think in the Multiverse there has been a few clone saga stories involving Peter and Ben (though in the Ultimate 1610 no Ben version but Jessica) and though tales seemed to happened after that Earth's Gwen died (or just wasn't shown). If Peter version was on a Earth with the love triangle and the Clone Saga happened how it might go down:

MJ and Gwen together walking to Peter's.

MJ: You and I been a bit competitive yet playful catty with each other over Peter but I do care for you Gwen.

Gwen: Same here MJ. You are my best freind outside of Peter. To bad Peter doesn't have a twin brother or was two people for the two of us. That would be a nice wish. (Opens the door and sees Peter and Ben).
    (Option A):
    Gwen: (looks to the sky) I also wish for a million dollars!
    and/or (Option B):
    MJ and Gwen fist bump.

Also that was a fun fan made trailer. I enjoy seeing fan works including fan films/trailers that goes above and beyond and shows passion, experimentations, talent, and/or creativity.

BANNED

SPIDER-GWEN: GHOST-SPIDER #6
    SEANAN MCGUIRE (W) • TAKESHI MIYAZAWA (A)
    Cover by BENGAL
    SPIDER-MAN VILLAINS VARIANT COVER BY JORGE MOLINA
    • After the life-changing events of SPIDER-GEDDON, Gwen Stacy of Earth-65 has resolved to stay on her home turf and resume her normally scheduled super-heroics as GHOST-SPIDER.
    • But in the wake of the Hand’s downfall, SOMETHING sinister has begun stalking the streets of New York at night.
    • Will Gwen be able to track down the thing that goes bump in the dark, or will she become one more victim of the MAN-WOLF?!
    32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99

Fantastic Member

SPIDER-GWEN: GHOST-SPIDER #6

SEANAN MCGUIRE (W) TAKESHI MIYAZAWA (A)
    Cover by BENGAL
    SPIDER-MAN VILLAINS VARIANT Cover by JORGE MOLINA
    After the life-changing events of SPIDER-GEDDON, Gwen Stacy of Earth-65 has resolved to stay on her home turf and resume her normally scheduled super-heroics as GHOST-SPIDER.
    But in the wake of the Hand’s downfall, SOMETHING sinister has begun stalking the streets of New York at night.
    Will Gwen be able to track down the thing that goes bump in the dark, or will she become one more victim of the MAN-WOLF?!

...Fucking Man-Wolf?! Why do I got the feeling that's gonna be Bodega Bandit? There was a theory on the bio page that BB is a psychologically damaged John Jameson and the reason he keeps getting released is that his dad is the mayor. Then again, maybe he'll be Gwen's new love interest. It'd really cheese Jameson off, that's for sure.

BANNED

^ Beat you to it, rofl

Every Bengal cover that reminds me he's not doing the book's interiors just hurts my soul.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Man-Wolf. Now that could be interesting.

Kind of left disappointed for Gwen with this Spider-Geddon event. I was expecting Earth-65 Gwen to gain some new power that would help her stand out from the bunch of Spiders like Miles has the Venom Strike ability furthermore give a reason to be labeled 'Ghost-Spider' beyond referencing how so many Gwens in the Multiverse has died.
    Instead her 'new power' is that with a device given to her by the Gwen Goblin she can travel the Multiverse. Big deal. Tons of geniuses can also make or have other devices that can do that (on her home world her Reed made one out of Legos) to thus other Spiders can do that if just meeting with one. Probably never follow up on this but 617 Gwen and a team she made are doing this hidden away studying and making influences. So I guess for Gwens you either die or you become a Multiverse jumper/scientist/hero?

Her biggest contribution after much complaining in her own series was she was able to gather other Spiders that wasn't apart of the event or was shown in the tie-ins to be apart of the big bunch up crammed in then send people home. No interaction with any new people also and reactions.

The biggest positive for me and this event concerning Gwen's series was the introduction and characters of that other world that I enjoyed by the writer. Otherwise for her character and series it was a pause on her own world, didn't really showcase growth for Gwen, new interactions/links with others, or how it could influence her and her new codename well.

Fantastic Member

The origins of Ghost Spider. It's not very impressive:

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

It's not but then I've seen worse origins for a super-hero name.

That has got to be the silliest origin for a codename I have ever seen, and I read a lot of Superhero comics .