Page 10 of 124 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060110 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by dddaaavvv View Post
    I don't see her as losing qualities. To me she was vulnerable and made a mistake in a moment of weakness. I still see her as a brave, passionate, compassionate, loyal person with great integrity. I'm curious about what qualities you consider affected by Sins Past. Is it a matter of morality?
    Pretty much. A girl around 19 doing it with a sinister older man... Maybe today kids follow the influence of the Miley Cyruses and Kim Kardashians in the media, but Gwen was too smart for that. You'd never find her in Charlie Sheen's hotel room.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Quote Originally Posted by dddaaavvv View Post
    Well said! There are several "Appreciation" threads to go to and post positive remarks, and there's always the option of starting another thread for one's own particular preference. Negativity is unwarranted on an "Appreciation" thread.
    Which is why I stay off appreciation threads of characters I don't like.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    Pretty much. A girl around 19 doing it with a sinister older man... Maybe today kids follow the influence of the Miley Cyruses and Kim Kardashians in the media, but Gwen was too smart for that. You'd never find her in Charlie Sheen's hotel room.
    NOW I see where you're coming from! Ok, in the 60's yes it would be considered sleazy. Today, not so much. No, I can't see Gwen using Miley Cyrus or Kim Kardashian as role models, but I also can't see her using Mother Theresa as a role model for her sex life either!

Personally, I respect ethical standards over moral standards, especially the way morality has been perverted by organized religion, but that's me!

BANNED

Which is why I stay off appreciation threads of characters I don't like.
    Exactly!

Hey Robert could you please explain what your problem with Gwen is, this is the second forum i have posted in that you are insulting the character and disregrading what the acutally forum is about.

I understand what you were saying but back then Norman wasn't sinister, ruthless and focused in business yes not sinister, also from what i remember Sins Past explains that Norman took advantage of a Gwen that was in a really bad place. I would have thought that it would be a lesson and a way for the character to grow.
    Truth is the best policy

This is an APPRECIATION thread. For people who APPRECIATE the character. Not condemn her. I don't think anybody who appreciates her would call her a "mean spirited shrew." Do I go over to the MJ appreciation thread to call her flirty little strumpet? Or even the "cast MJ" thread you made?
    The general feeling of myself and those in charge of the board is that appreciation threads should be considered discussion threads for a topic. It shouldn't be limited to those who like a particular thing, or agree with everything that's been said about a particular thing.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    The general feeling of myself and those in charge of the board is that appreciation threads should be considered discussion threads for a topic. It shouldn't be limited to those who like a particular thing, or agree with everything that's been said about a particular thing.
    Mister Mets i don't mean to sound disrespectful but why call them appreciation threads, if the purpose is not for a characters fans to come and discuss whats happening with the character and what they would like to happen. Example I don't like Vison, Cyclops or Quicksilver i don't apreciate their existance in the comics and would more than survive if they were killed off but i love the character of Gwen, Jean Grey, Psylocke, Wolverine, Spiderman etc and would be annoyed(and was) if one of them was killed off. I'm asking the question to get it out there if the reason is you want everyone to post on all forums thats cool but i would have thought appreciation threads are for fans who appreciate the character.
    Truth is the best policy

Quote Originally Posted by VolcanikTiger86 View Post
    Mister Mets i don't mean to sound disrespectful but why call them appreciation threads, if the purpose is not for a characters fans to come and discuss whats happening with the character and what they would like to happen. Example I don't like Vison, Cyclops or Quicksilver i don't apreciate their existance in the comics and would more than survive if they were killed off but i love the character of Gwen, Jean Grey, Psylocke, Wolverine, Spiderman etc and would be annoyed(and was) if one of them was killed off. I'm asking the question to get it out there if the reason is you want everyone to post on all forums thats cool but i would have thought appreciation threads are for fans who appreciate the character.
    Well with appreciation threads aren't they designed for the purpose to discuss a specific character? Like if you only talk about what people like and nothing else, the thread will die really fast. If there was a poll that asked whether or not you like Character A and the majority said no, then are they not allowed to discuss why they don't like the Character A? It's better to discuss something with someone who won't agree with you, then someone who will. Because the people who agree with you won't add something new to the discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by Aruran. View Post
    Well with appreciation threads aren't they designed for the purpose to discuss a specific character? Like if you only talk about what people like and nothing else, the thread will die really fast. If there was a poll that asked whether or not you like Character A and the majority said no, then are they not allowed to discuss why they don't like the Character A? It's better to discuss something with someone who won't agree with you, then someone who will. Because the people who agree with you won't add something new to the discussion.
    Maybe i'm missing something i'm not at all saying that they shouldn't be open discussion only that the name seems misleading, for example we have people who love gwen but don't want her to return or maybe someone likes the characterization in one story while another doesn't but at the end of the day we still like the character and their are differences so discussion can happen instead of singing her praises and the thread dying, to me i don't like cyclops i could go into the cyclops appreciation thread and give 101 reasons why i hate him and have 101 reasons returned to me why he the best x-man and the best leader i won't believe it because untill i change my mind myself no one will do it for me so its a waste of time because from the title it leads me to believe that the thread is for cyclops fans.
    Truth is the best policy

Maybe i'm missing something i'm not at all saying that they shouldn't be open discussion only that the name seems misleading, for example we have people who love gwen but don't want her to return or maybe someone likes the characterization in one story while another doesn't but at the end of the day we still like the character and their are differences so discussion can happen instead of singing her praises and the thread dying, to me i don't like cyclops i could go into the cyclops appreciation thread and give 101 reasons why i hate him and have 101 reasons returned to me why he the best x-man and the best leader i won't believe it because untill i change my mind myself no one will do it for me so its a waste of time because from the title it leads me to believe that the thread is for cyclops fans.
    This thread was super active when people were disagreeing on what they like/disliked. I will agree though that going to a thread and just bashing a character is stupid.
    Anyways..... artwork
    Paolo Gwen Spidey.jpg

BANNED

David, you didn't miss a thing. Let me offer an example. Imagine you're a Leeds supporter, and you go to the stadium to watch a match against the Manchester United, BUT because you want some healthy discussion, you mix with THEIR supporters, so you can get a different opinion from yours, whenever there's a goal or a polemic referee decision. Wouldn't make much sense, would it?

Quote Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
    David, you didn't miss a thing. Let me offer an example. Imagine you're a Leeds supporter, and you go to the stadium to watch a match against the Manchester United, BUT because you want some healthy discussion, you mix with THEIR supporters, so you can get a different opinion from yours, whenever there's a goal or a polemic referee decision. Wouldn't make much sense, would it?
    Maybe not the best example Ozy, football fans can be hardcore about it but i can see where you are coming from
    Truth is the best policy

BANNED

Maybe not the best example Ozy, football fans can be hardcore about it but i can see where you are coming from
    Hyperbole is as good a way as any, to get a point across, I feel.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aruran. View Post
    This thread was super active when people were disagreeing on what they like/disliked. I will agree though that going to a thread and just bashing a character is stupid.
    Anyways..... artwork
    Paolo Gwen Spidey.jpg
    Like the artwork.

Quote Originally Posted by John Ossie View Post
    Like the artwork.
    It does look awesome doesn't it.
    Truth is the best policy