Page 101 of 124 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101102103104105111 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,515 of 1848

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    what issue was that?
    I'm curious also. I can guess based on Gwen's design the area but that's it. Still as a person who is both a Gwen and a MJ fan I find myself more interested in their tales and developments of their relationship in friendship and understandings then I am about relationships with Peter. How they interact without the cattiness for Peter love triangle stuff that annoys me. Stories of just these two and the world they live in and how they are connected without the Peter stuff has my eye.

On a side note reading the review for the upcoming Marvel Rising animated TV movie on CBR (which by the way the people mocking the reviewer for having a opinion of a show they had not seen is just stupid) I was very disappointed to read Gwen doesn't make an appearance. While the shorts that promoted her I had some issues with (one in particular) it seemed to do well enough for the people who watched it on Youtube to gain a interest in her. That is a massive success to earn a interest and possible future fan base and coverage to many people who didn't know any versions of her with comics being a niche market vs TV, movies, and now slowly rising internet media which most saw/discovered her from (would of been better to been uploaded on the main Marvel account on Youtube vs the secondary account MarvelHQ).

Many times I'll see in the youtube comments for the Marvel Rising trailers "But where's Gwen/Ghost-Spider/Spider-Gwen?". This is especially big as Dove sings the main song for the show who is the voice actress for Gwen here. I half expected for the Marvel Rising characters to attend a Mary Janes concert with Gwen playing at least. I can expect some people to write "Where was Gwen?!" after tonight. Marvel Rising animated movie premieres tonight at 10pm on Disney XD (which is also a secondary cable channel compared to the main cable Disney Channel).

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    what issue was that?
    Amazing Spider-Man (Vol. 1) #55.

Fantastic Member

Wait, the Marvel Rising movie doesn't have Spider-Gwen in it? The ****? Wasn't the point of Initiation to help set this all up, with the final scene between Gwen and Daisy practically telling you that, yes, Gwen is involved? Did they just think Gwen wouldn't be popular and decided not to include her?

Quote Originally Posted by eratas123 View Post
    Wait, the Marvel Rising movie doesn't have Spider-Gwen in it? The ****? Wasn't the point of Initiation to help set this all up, with the final scene between Gwen and Daisy practically telling you that, yes, Gwen is involved? Did they just think Gwen wouldn't be popular and decided not to include her?
    I don't think Marvel Animation can use Spider-Man characters in animated movies not approved or made by Sony.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't think Marvel Animation can use Spider-Man characters in animated movies not approved or made by Sony.
    So if a TV show was approved Gwen could make a appearance (since Marvel has the Spider-man TV rights) but since this was a 'TV Movie' then that would make legal issues (because Sony owns the movie rights to Spider-man and his cast including alternate versions of characters)? Still I can see some people being confused by this non appearance and disappointment.

As for the TV Movie itself for me there was some Pros but also some big Cons to it but I'll post them another day (to tired right now to make a huge post).

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I would've thought since it aired on TV, and not in cinemas, that Sony don't need to give permission. If there is something blocking Gwen's usage, then she shouldn't have been in Rising at all, and the shorts should've had Ms Marvel, Squirrel Girl, Patriot, and Quake trying to apprehend an actual villain instead.

And wait a minute... 10PM? Wouldn't most children be in bed by that time? Not a great time to show something new, IMHO. That ought to be a rerun slot.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 10-01-2018 at 01:55 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Fantastic Member

Point still stands: if Gwen wasn't allowed to show up, why make her the main character of Initiation? The shorts are our first introduction to this verse and the characters within, so having the goddamn main character of it - and likely one of the most popular of the cast - be a complete no-show is absolutely nonsensical.

It doesn't even fit the plot we were given. Why hint at Gwen showing up and allying with Daisy, Kamala and Doreen if she has no role in the plot? Was the studio unaware they weren't allowed to use Gwen for the movie? Cause if so this is a really questionable decision. That'd be like if Into the Spider-Verse had Gwen show up literally for that one scene of her landing on the tree branch and nowhere else. I'm pretty sure people would be wondering what the hell Marvel was smoking.

I honestly don't believe the reason Gwen didn't show up in the TV movie isn't because of legal reasons. Because they've been able to market her and sell a whole lot of Ghost Spider merchandise. I think it was just poor planning, most likely they decided to include Gwen late into production, so they made her the focus of the short prequel as an excuse to get her involved in the franchise.

I would bet heavily on her being involved in a sequel or whatever else they decide to do with Marvel Rising.

Fantastic Member

I heard they were trying to go for a DC Superhero girls feel, so they might involve Gwen then? Still, this was really botched advertisement since they made a big deal about Ghost Spider and Dove Cameron, especially with her singing one of the theme songs for the movie and it kinda relates to Gwen's situation best.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I would've thought since it aired on TV, and not in cinemas, that Sony don't need to give permission. If there is something blocking Gwen's usage, then she shouldn't have been in Rising at all, and the shorts should've had Ms Marvel, Squirrel Girl, Patriot, and Quake trying to apprehend an actual villain instead.
    If it was produced as a movie, then I think that might make it a murkier issue.

And they did use the footage of her fight with Ms. Marvel and Squirrel Girl for whenever they mentioned taking on "bad guys" in the Kamala Khanfidential videos .
    Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    I honestly don't believe the reason Gwen didn't show up in the TV movie isn't because of legal reasons. Because they've been able to market her and sell a whole lot of Ghost Spider merchandise. I think it was just poor planning, most likely they decided to include Gwen late into production, so they made her the focus of the short prequel as an excuse to get her involved in the franchise.
    I don't think not being able to use her in the movies because of a rights issue would prevent them from promoting and selling Ghost Spider merchandise.

She's still part of the Marvel Rising franchise even if she isn't able to be in the movie.

Well still disappointed about that (plus other things that had me disappointed with the movie in a few areas).

Not happy how many of the character the term 'badass' supposably shown to viewers was really the characters showcased having a nasty attitude. Plus the feeling of using SHIELD as a Scapegoat without reputations. "I'll break a radio and threaten to not pay for it." "Can't steal from Tony as we can't make him look bad but we can steal from many individuals without powers or riches to make them look bad". "I'm not going to fill out paperwork and red tape...even if that just makes me lazy and can hurt others who needs hero insurance of what we do. What steal resources is illegal?!"
    It was a similar problem I had with Gwen of the Marvel Rising shorts. To look 'badass' by mocking cops is not 'badass' it just 'A##'. Even worse with her father a cop seeing the dangers and issues he has to go though in a super powers world would make you think with Gwen having inside knowledge of the difficulties the good cops have to do (while harcher on the corrupt, bad, or truly incompetent as they bring bad reputation for the good cops) she would be more respectful even if they are hunting her down for a crime she didn't commit.

To be honest attitude and respect wise given to others has made me a big fan of this Patriot for how he treated others in Shield and such. Wanting to do what's right but not seeing himself above the law or loops others has to go though (he still broke it but didn't do it at a drop of the hatt and still saw how bad it looked). We have heard how the 'doing what needs to be done even if illegal' approach before has been used by heroes and villains alike so there is a fine line here and I'm happy how they presented him.

Personality I would of liked that after Daisy got the leadership position Captain Marvel sent her to a room for a 'important mission'. Daisy enters with tons of drop the paperwork on her as a makeup punishment Carol came to terms with Shield that Daisy can evade jail time by doing the paperwork she was meant to do and furthermore all the paperwork for her new team (even if their are 'low profile' any insurance and civilian hospital claims must be met with filled in paperwork on time by the heroes). That being a leader includes more responsibilities including doing the 'boring but necessary' stuff. Patriot having her back stays to help her fill them in (plus makes sure she does).

We had seen when other character(s) HAS TO look bad to rise up others and be scapegoated or used as Marvel doesn't think they will have value only for years later those choices bite back.

In the Squirrel Girl comic Dorren actually goes to 'borrow' a suit from Tony to battle Galactus and she successfully entered his lab...and finds a suit made just for her by Tony who figured she might one day she would break in to need a suit for some special threat. Tony's lab is successfully broken into yet Tony isn't made a scapegoat.

Granted Spider-Man is ALWAYS the scapegoat/but of the joke for various comedy series like Howard the Duck (which later those writers write a Spider-man story) but it's done in a way more to comedy then to make the main character look good.

Hopefully if a tv series happens some of the cons I had with it can be worked out plus of course Gwen full time.

Now moving from one universe Gwen to another upcoming movie starring a Gwen Stacy/Spider-Woman/Spider-Gwen/Ghost-Spider seeing some of the toys about to come out for the movie Into the Spider-Verse I see of course Gwen is amoung them but what got my attention as her funko figure:

Looking at the hair style I'm not sure if:
    A: This was her hair style but some time doing the movie part of her head gets shaved or
    B: People reacted badly to this looks thus Sony did some reamaition work to fill in that area with hair

Isn't the haircut the result of Miles's inability to control his adhesive fingertips - he was stuck to her? So she would start the movie with that longer hair.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Isn't the haircut the result of Miles's inability to control his adhesive fingertips - he was stuck to her? So she would start the movie with that longer hair.
    I sure hope so, 'cause that's one fugly do...
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Fantastic Member

...Well, Earth-65 is doomed:

Yes, I know it's just a variant cover, but if Gwen (or anyone, really) gets hit with the Phoenix Force then this dimension is absolutely hosed due to the lack of Avengers or Fantastic 4 to fix it. OTOH, Gwen being possessed by the Phoenix would make the Amazing 8 utopia universe make a hell of a lot more sense. Much easier to make a utopia when you have powers comparable to Dr. Manhattan, though the old tick of being unable to change human nature remains.

Quote Originally Posted by eratas123 View Post
    ...Well, Earth-65 is doomed:

Yes, I know it's just a variant cover, but if Gwen (or anyone, really) gets hit with the Phoenix Force then this dimension is absolutely hosed due to the lack of Avengers or Fantastic 4 to fix it. OTOH, Gwen being possessed by the Phoenix would make the Amazing 8 utopia universe make a hell of a lot more sense. Much easier to make a utopia when you have powers comparable to Dr. Manhattan, though the old tick of being unable to change human nature remains.

I remember those variants. Kamala (with her cover having her saving a cat in a tree which was adorable and different from showcasing grandiose power) and MJ (walking down the runway in a fire dress) also was shown having the Phoenix Force and many others also. One of those fun cases to see how each character might use the powers and communicate with the Phoenix. Will the Phoenix try to imprison or partnership with the host. The symbiote and the Phoenix are very similar in that case as it has a host partnership/take over.

That said if taking how Gwen is handling the symbiote in the same vein as the Phoenix then first Gwen might show fiery anger only to later reign it in and self control herself despite things happening around her. The real question comes from the Phoenix who many times is a bigger jerk and danger than any symbiote has been before.