Page 102 of 124 FirstFirst ... 252929899100101102103104105106112 ... LastLast
Results 1,516 to 1,530 of 1848
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by AngelJD View Post
    I remember those variants. Kamala (with her cover having her saving a cat in a tree which was adorable and different from showcasing grandiose power) and MJ (walking down the runway in a fire dress) also was shown having the Phoenix Force and many others also. One of those fun cases to see how each character might use the powers and communicate with the Phoenix. Will the Phoenix try to imprison or partnership with the host. The symbiote and the Phoenix are very similar in that case as it has a host partnership/take over.

That said if taking how Gwen is handling the symbiote in the same vein as the Phoenix then first Gwen might show fiery anger only to later reign it in and self control herself despite things happening around her. The real question comes from the Phoenix who many times is a bigger jerk and danger than any symbiote has been before.
    Of course, knowing the Marvel Universe, it's very likely that finding out Spider-Woman is bonded to a firey bird monstrosity that gives her the power of a god would cause them to antagonize her MORE, cause the citizens in Marvel outside of the movies have less survival instincts than the people in The Happening.

Fantastic Member

Spider-Verse trailer: https://m.youtube.com/watch?ebc=ANyP...&v=tg52up16eq0

I LOVE how Noir, Peni and Ham looked like they stepped out of their respective comics. I also find it hilarious that Noir plays along with the wall hiding segment and that, despite being the stealthy Spidey, he sucks as much as the others in stealthing.

Gwen's haircut looks less awful in motion as well, though the idea that Miles is responsible for the Cora cut is jossed since she first appears with it on. Prime Peter's narration also makes me think he's a version of the Maguire Spidey that didn't flub things up.

BANNED

Marvel Rising: Chasing Ghosts Teaser

That should put the rumours about Gwen's non-involvement being rights related to bed. Looks like Ghost Spider and Ironheart will be the Secret Warriors team's "Sixth Rangers".
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Marvel Rising: Chasing Ghosts Teaser

It's good to see them finally addressing and concluding Gwen's plot since it was such a glaring omission in the movie.
    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    That should put the rumours about Gwen's non-involvement being rights related to bed. Looks like Ghost Spider and Ironheart will be the Secret Warriors team's "Sixth Rangers".
    I think she can be used in specials and web animations, it's when it's a movie that I think things get a little more murky.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post

Gwen, you're literally grinning with fangs in your mouth. Think you need to step back a bit.

Fantastic Member

Someone pointed this out for the Spider-Verse trailer: Gwen grabs Peter by the leg with a web and yanks up to get his attention...oy, someone on the development team is having fun here

I also see when showing Gwen's world/past it has those neon coloring plus Gwen doesn't have that hair shaved off when drumming. So I guess at some point that might be covered (I'm assuming a villian that marked her or took a swipe at her or for comedy reasons a accident with a web bracelet if this Gwen version makes her own but had some accidents along the way such as web in her hair and she cuts it off just as it starts to dissolve).

In order for each Spider to help people that don't read comics will probably have a 1-2 minute origins and character establishing shot in the movie. Of the 6 spiders Peni took me by surprise seeing her be apart of this small team from all who could of been selected plus also her redesign for this movie different from her comics appearance. That said ham also looks more toon like so the animators probably wanted each spider show how different they and their world is even in function and appearance so had Peni be the anime eastern pixie girl type. Seeing her standing on a desk to be in a shot with other spiders I'm assuming her robot is also super small now also and she just rides on top of it giving orders clingling with her powers while also having other spider powers.

Quote Originally Posted by eratas123 View Post
    Someone pointed this out for the Spider-Verse trailer: Gwen grabs Peter by the leg with a web and yanks up to get his attention...oy, someone on the development team is having fun here
    You pointing that out made me see that. Well 616 Peter says in lamanting just after Gwen died and the Goblin escapes and he's heading to Gwen's dead body left on top 'if only Gwen had super strength she would be living...if only...". Considering that it was his web catching and instantly stopping her instead of being a bundge type thus causing the instant reaction of her neck to snap killing her super strength would of saved her life as the neck bones would of taking the sudden impact being braced by super strong neck muscles.

In one comic had a depowered Peter swinging and he instantly gets hurt and finds swinging painful as it requires super strength to lift properly but more importantly not for his joints to disconnected. A average person can not web swing unless a abilities or equipment to complement it.

Peter here has super strength (however based on a bio I read he doesn't have a great back due to years being Spider-man taking a toll even with super strength and healing powers plus age. Peter could mention how that helped 'stretch his back' or gives him further back pains.

Fantastic Member

Checked Tumblr; apparently it's set in stone that Spider-Verse Gwen is gay or bi...cause she has a certain style of haircut. Great. I wouldn't mind if they did make her that way, but assuming based on a haircut is really out there.

Chapter Nine of my What If Gwen Stacy Didn't Die? story has been posted. Gwen and Peter face the ramifications of Dr. Warren's "death" while the Kingpin and dying Spencer Smythe plot to construct the "Ultimate Spider-Slayer" -

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1276833...wined-Destines

If so inclined, enjoy
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Fantastic Member

Previews with dialogue boxes for Ghost Spider 1:

She definitely seems to be cheerier, which is a good start. OTOH she can't escape Spider-Gwen, much to her frustration. Still, I wanna know what her friggin plan is with her heroics. She's not law enforcement, she can't do the vigilante thing and not expect to get caught or receive backlash, especially since she's now a very public name. Then again maybe she's like Kate Bishop - she flagrantly flounts the law with her vigilantism and lack of a P.I license and no one gives enough of a crap to do anything about it.
    Last edited by eratas123; 10-05-2018 at 03:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by eratas123 View Post
    Previews with dialogue boxes for Ghost Spider 1:

Man, it's weird to see Gwen so positive and happy about being a Superhero and being Spider-Woman.

And I thought by the end of the series she liked being called Spider-Gwen? Like she always wanted to be called that?
    She definitely seems to be cheerier, which is a good start. OTOH she can't escape Spider-Gwen, much to her frustration. Still, I wanna know what her friggin plan is with her heroics. She's not law enforcement, she can't do the vigilante thing and not expect to get caught or receive backlash, especially since she's now a very public name. Then again maybe she's like Kate Bishop - she flagrantly flounts the law with her vigilantism and lack of a P.I license and no one gives enough of a crap to do anything about it.
    Although Kate's been arrested a few times (now that I think about it, would she have a criminal record?).

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Man, it's weird to see Gwen so positive and happy about being a Superhero and being Spider-Woman.

And I thought by the end of the series she liked being called Spider-Gwen? Like she always wanted to be called that?

Although Kate's been arrested a few times (now that I think about it, would she have a criminal record?).
    Yeah, it's weird. A good weird, but still. As for the codename, even by the final issue she had a noticeable dislike of it. It's probably her being half-sarcastic and half her being symbolic by admitting that, yes, she's Gwen Stacy as Spider-Woman and she's not going to hide anymore.

...Actually, I really want someone to ask why she's still wearing a mask. I know there are a lot of psychological reasons for it, but I want it addressed. Also, why is she wearing her old cloth costume? She has Venom now, she doesn't need it. And I'm guessing it's the cloth considering she puts on the mask like normal. Imagine Venom doing the same thing.

Kate's been arrested, but last I checked it was rarely about vigilantism; and she without fail always gets out with no bail or trial, so it's more like she's detained for questioning than arrested. Considering she's perpetually poor I don't think she can afford bail.