Page 103 of 124 FirstFirst ... 3539399100101102103104105106107113 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,545 of 1848

Quote Originally Posted by eratas123 View Post
    ...Actually, I really want someone to ask why she's still wearing a mask. I know there are a lot of psychological reasons for it, but I want it addressed. Also, why is she wearing her old cloth costume? She has Venom now, she doesn't need it. And I'm guessing it's the cloth considering she puts on the mask like normal. Imagine Venom doing the same thing.
    And I know Digifiend made a valid point about how the police would still have custody over her old costume unless they gave it back to her after she was released from prison.
    Kate's been arrested, but last I checked it was rarely about vigilantism; and she without fail always gets out with no bail or trial, so it's more like she's detained for questioning than arrested. Considering she's perpetually poor I don't think she can afford bail.
    Well, at least not for the kind of vigilantism you don't get arrested for .

I actually re-read the Fraction Hawkeye run and I think Kate got bailed out once by one of her clients and another time by the gay couple she was living with.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    And I know Digifiend made a valid point about how the police would still have custody over her old costume unless they gave it back to her after she was released from prison.

Well, at least not for the kind of vigilantism you don't get arrested for . I actually re-read the Fraction Hawkeye run and I think Kate got bailed out once by one of her clients and another time by the gay couple she was living with.
    Probably gave it back; it's regular cloth with no special stuff, so there's no harm in it. Either that or she got another one from the eternally off-screen Wasp.

Yeah, but she wasn't on trial for anything, so I'm guessing it doesn't count. Hell, she outright tells a police detective she has no license and that she's a vigilante. The detective's response was to roll her eyes and not do anything.

Hey all.

I'm looking to try some new titles going forward and thought I might give Spider-Gwen a try. Can anyone tell me if I'll get pretty much everything so far if I pick up the HC volumes 1-3? If so, I'll try vol 1 first and see how I like it.

Thanks.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChickRockGuitar View Post
    Hey all.

I'm looking to try some new titles going forward and thought I might give Spider-Gwen a try. Can anyone tell me if I'll get pretty much everything so far if I pick up the HC volumes 1-3? If so, I'll try vol 1 first and see how I like it.

Thanks.
    You'll get most of it. There are some annoying crossovers later, especially the one with Miles, but that can be skipped. What can't be skipped is the Spider-Women crossover where Gwen, Silk and Spider-Woman all work together. Gwen gets affected there by something and the consequences span the entire rest of the run.

So, is the Spider-Woman crossover collected in the HCs?

Fantastic Member

Not sure, sorry. I know Gwen, Silk, Jessica get two issues each. Oh, and the Spider-Women Omega and Alpha issues that start and end it.

Quote Originally Posted by ChickRockGuitar View Post
    So, is the Spider-Woman crossover collected in the HCs?
    I'm pretty sure there is a Spider-Women trade that has all the issues of the crossover for each respective book.

Spider-Women is not collected in the HC trades, so you will have to get its trade by itself. The Miles crossover "Sitting In A Tree" is included in the HC Vol. 3, so it's there for you to read.

The complete reading/collecting order would be:
    HC Vol. 1
    Spider-Women
    HC Vol. 2
    HC Vol. 3
    HC Vol. 4 (not yet released)

Thanks guys. I will look into those. ��

Fantastic Member

"SPIDER-GWEN: GHOST-SPIDER #4
    SEANAN MCGUIRE (W) • ROSI KäMPE (A)
    Cover by BENGAL
    CONAN VERSUS MARVEL VILLAINS VARIANT COVER BY TBA
    GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY VARIANT COVER BY BOBBY RUBIO
    In the aftermath of SPIDER-GEDDON, Gwen Stacy has a unique ability all her own — one that will set her apart from other Spiders for years to come. But with that unique power, there will also come a unique — and grave — responsibility. One that Gwen will have no choice but to bear alone
    …"

Maybe she can see dead Spiders now? That'd be unique, fit the street setting and it would be so,ething she'd face alone. The whole graveyard thing and the grave responsibility isn't subtle, like you said. Would also justify the name change.

Hell, it would soften the blow Noir, UK's and future deaths if this is the case. Cue Gwen being annoyed at half a dozen Spider-People hanging around her giving commentary Arkham Knight Joker style for every little thing she does.

The new author mentioned before that Gwen's responsibility boner is one of the biggest among the Spiders and her knowledge of the multiverse affects it - she wants to not only help her world but every one she can, which is admirable yet stupidly idealistic. Assuming we go full on Ghost Sight, she might travel to different dimensions finishing up stuff the dead Spiders left unattended (Noir kinda left Felicia when they were about to stop some Nazis), basically being a one woman Web Warriors team.

Personally, though, I hope the author focuses on Gwen's dimension and street level stuff. We don't know what her new power is, but I'm just tired of her jumping dimensions evey few issues. It really fucks the scale of things.

BANNED

Lettered preview of Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider#1

http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com...host-spider-1/

ROFL, despite calling declaring herself Spider-Gwen at the end of her first run, Gwen is already getting tired of the codename and desires to change it herself

We actually saw that preview a couple of weeks ago.

Quote Originally Posted by eratas123 View Post
    Previews with dialogue boxes for Ghost Spider 1:

She definitely seems to be cheerier, which is a good start. OTOH she can't escape Spider-Gwen, much to her frustration. Still, I wanna know what her friggin plan is with her heroics. She's not law enforcement, she can't do the vigilante thing and not expect to get caught or receive backlash, especially since she's now a very public name. Then again maybe she's like Kate Bishop - she flagrantly flounts the law with her vigilantism and lack of a P.I license and no one gives enough of a crap to do anything about it.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Where is this cover being sold? (Even though it's really 616 designed Gwen shown I still love how tall and proud she is standing. Almost like the spirit is finally happy to discover a version of her that didn't fall but raised and a overwhelming feeling of being proud and happy of a new direction.

Also found two other covers with Gwen on it:

I love many of the Gwen variant covers coming out. Plan to get a blank for the next time I find a artist I might want o commision plus I like the Battlelines, Artgerm, and 1:10 covers each have caught my eye. Most of all the 1:100 cover art is so beautiful and well made capturing emotion and a great feel from it plus feels like it captures the essence of the series (don't if a new direction might happen with a new writer though). A great work of art and I would love to have it. Con: 1:100 (thus no way I'll be able to find a afford it and best hope is a possible Mexico version).

Found the cover. It's a store variant for 7ate9comics.

Also seeing a music video release for the upcoming Into the Spider-Verse movie it seems like there might be spoilers:
    two Gwens shown in this film. One that came from another world and another that exists on the same world as Miles and a fellow student of his (lacks the haircut on the side yet has the eye piercing as the other Gwen). That or possible in a twist Gwen doesn't come from another world like we think and unknown to Miles his fellow classmate also has Spider powers somehow and was attack which gave her that hair cut on the side. I'm betting more on two Gwen's presented vs one Gwen in this movie (but both the artist teams visual made to look the same minus one change so viewers can tell both are a AU Gwen Stacys yet a bit of their style to two Gwens). Thus also if Miles has his own Gwen Stacy version and fellow classmate (which would mean in Miles World his Peter and MJ are in the mid 20's or such while both Miles and Gwen are in their early/mid teens) I have a feeling that Miles and Gwen version might be shown as possible love interests by the end though not sure what role his Gwen version might play considering their are so many characters to juggle in this movie as it is.
    end of spoilers