Page 3 of 124 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tom91 View Post
    Tell me about it! I'm 23 and I read #121 knowing what was going to happen and even then it had an effect on me! Ha!

Maybe that's why there's such an aura around her character. I miss gwen!
    I miss her too, buddy! We need her back!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tom91 View Post
    What does OMD stand for?
    One More Day

And are you being serious about the breakdown?
    Very serious. I valued Peter and MJ's relationship in much the way you treasure Peter and Gwen, only obviously a little more obsessivley. It took me by surprise becasue I was fine with the seperation angle (maybe because it actually had a pay-off?), it felt like Peter, my hero, had betrayed everything he stood for when he made the deal with Mephisto, Ben, May, Gwen, MJ, his future daughter and legacy, everything. It made me sick and I began to question the morality of everything. I probably am a sad case for taking it so seriously but I couldnt help the way I felt. I became quite suicidal over it, fortunatly the love of my parents and good hospital care, as well as the marraige remaining a staple of books like Spider-Girl and the daily strips, helped me through the struggle to reclaim sanity and I'm in a much better place now.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cameron Samurai View Post
    One More Day

Very serious. I valued Peter and MJ's relationship in much the way you treasure Peter and Gwen, only obviously a little more obsessivley. It took me by surprise becasue I was fine with the seperation angle (maybe because it actually had a pay-off?), it felt like Peter, my hero, had betrayed everything he stood for when he made the deal with Mephisto, Ben, May, Gwen, MJ, his future daughter and legacy, everything. It made me sick and I began to question the morality of everything. I probably am a sad case for taking it so seriously but I couldnt help the way I felt. I became quite suicidal over it, fortunatly the love of my parents and good hospital care, as well as the marraige remaining a staple of books like Spider-Girl and the daily strips, helped me through the struggle to reclaim sanity and I'm in a much better place now.
    Your not a sad case atall. Fair play to you for sharing that, couldn't have been easy for you.

I'm glad your okay now buddy.

BANNED

There's a good chance

spoilers:
    ..That Stone could come back and film flashbacks. Keep in mind there were MJ scenes filmed for ASM II where she and Gwen meet. I'm not sure if they are keeping MJ's actress though, but if not, Stone will probably be back for sequences with the new actress. The movies could go the clone route, but really, that's never gone over well in the books
    end of spoilers

I know all too well what focusing too emotionally on a specifc comic book development can do to the mind. The events of OMD led to a mental breakdown I sustained over a three year period and it took me a year to recover from it. I've been bitter about the regular books ever since.
    I feel your pain, brother. It's been 40 years and I STILL want a satisfactory resolution to Gwen's death!

BANNED

One More Day

I heard stories that there were a lot of kids that needed therapy after Gwen's death. I don't find that surprising at all.

For many of us at a young age comics were a part of our moral compass. We saw the good guys always do the right thing, always win and always save the day. It provided us with a form of faith, but when our faith fails us, it's like a house of cards tumbling down. A child experiencing his parents going through a divorce is a similar event. Although comics aren't real, In a child's mind traumatic experiences in comics still has a similar effect.

Something I would like to see revived in comics is a restoration of hope. Have stories with some inspiration. Not religious inspiration, but how about ethical inspiration. Show that doing the right thing DOES get results. Maybe not every time, we still need a dose of reality, but most of the time. THAT is another reason I want Gwen to come back. Her and Peter's story, after 40 years deserves a happy ending. It deserves to be set right to restore some hope in Spidey's world. That's just my humble opinion.
    Last edited by dddaaavvv; 05-01-2014 at 10:16 AM.

BANNED

Thanks. It was a harrowing experiance, but so long as you come out of it with a sharper mind and some strong ideas about what to do next, you can overcome any hurdle.

Keep the faith my little Malibu Stacies. Everything comes back 'round eventually. If Bucky can come back, anything's up for sale.

Hell I want them to be really audacious and bring back Uncle Ben just to see if Peter remains Spidey in light of that.

Quote Originally Posted by dddaaavvv View Post
    I heard stories that there were a lot of kids that needed therapy after Gwen's death. I don't find that surprising at all.
    I beleive that's what prompted Stan to order Gwen's return ASAP, and thus we got the first clone saga as a way of holding people's hands through the greiving process.
    Last edited by Cameron Samurai; 05-01-2014 at 09:56 AM.

I would like to see the return of Gwen Stacy. I understand those that believe that she should stay dead and her death is an important part of the Spider-man mythos. This is a very reasonable position, but sometimes passion rules reason. I think that a clever writer could write a story that could bring Gwen back with out diminshing what her death brought to the story.

BANNED

Thanks. It was a harrowing experiance, but so long as you come out of it with a sharper mind and some strong ideas about what to do next, you can overcome any hurdle.

Keep the faith my little Malibu Stacies. Everything comes back 'round eventually. If Bucky can come back, anything's up for sale.

Hell I want them to be really audacious and bring back Uncle Ben just to see if Peter remains Spidey in light of that.

I beleive that's what prompted Stan to order Gwen's return ASAP, and thus we got the first clone saga as a way of holding people's hands through the greiving process.
    If Peter had been able to have the relationship with Gwen's clone that he would have had with Gwen then I would have been satisfied, but that didn't happen and for me at least it wasn't resolved.

BANNED

If Peter had been able to have the relationship with Gwen's clone that he would have had with Gwen then I would have been satisfied, but that didn't happen and for me at least it wasn't resolved.
    It wouldnt be too unforseeable for that to occur. In the 90s animated series Peter fell in love with a clone of MJ and married her (though he didnt know it at the time), and Ultimate Gwen's clone had a relationship with Peter in the post-Ultimatium era of USM before that Peter died. I don't think I would have settled for it (and not because I'm a certified MJ nut, but because I beleive clones can be vastly different people than the templates they're based off of)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by eSoldier View Post
    I would like to see the return of Gwen Stacy. I understand those that believe that she should stay dead and her death is an important part of the Spider-man mythos. This is a very reasonable position, but sometimes passion rules reason. I think that a clever writer could write a story that could bring Gwen back with out diminshing what her death brought to the story.
    After 40+ years and all the incarnations of Gwen as clones and unnecessarily in alternate universes, as well as unnecessarily in cartoons and movies showing characters who are Gwen in name only, IMHO the damage to her mythos is already done. I believe that bringing her back doesn't have to be done in a revolutionary way. What is done with AFTER she comes back IMHO is where a clever writer would be able to create a whole new era in the Spider-man saga.

BANNED

It wouldnt be too unforseeable for that to occur. In the 90s animated series Peter fell in love with a clone of MJ and married her (though he didnt know it at the time), and Ultimate Gwen's clone had a relationship with Peter in the post-Ultimatium era of USM before that Peter died. I don't think I would have settled for it (and not because I'm a certified MJ nut, but because I beleive clones can be vastly different people than the templates they're based off of)
    I don't know about that. Gwen's clone acted almost exactly like Gwen and that's why they weren't sure if she was some sort of imposter or not, and Ben Reilly was so much like Peter, they weren't sure who was the clone or not. Then again it's all how the writers want to write it!

The Pine Barrens NJ in Summer & Winter & Salem Mass. in Spring & Autumn

The House of M story was my favorite, seeing Pete & Gwendy together if they brought her back via alternate universe it could be the best thing to happen for Pete.

BANNED

I don't know about that. Gwen's clone acted almost exactly like Gwen and that's why they weren't sure if she was some sort of imposter or not
    Yeah, that is a point, it was later on in the second saga when the clone Gwen showed a more badass side that the differences became more apparent.

Ben certaingly did different things, and was far more loose and pro-active than Peter (of course back then the writers were trying to make you think "ah the REAL Peter would have kicked Venom's ass but still...")

BANNED

By the way, a heartfelt thank you to all of you for keeping this conversation respectful and civilized and mature. THIS is the kind of exchange that I THOUGHT I was going to find, when I first joined this forum. Although I consider the reboot to be an extreme measure, the results are fantastic! Let's try hard to keep this friendly exchange going!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by red winter View Post
    The House of M story was my favorite, seeing Pete & Gwendy together if they brought her back via alternate universe it could be the best thing to happen for Pete.
    Having Gwen and Peter together in a loving relationship is what I want to see in 616. Have them live out the life the were supposed to have if she hadn't died. I wouldn't want her to just be a housewife, she has too much potential, but to have them working together in his crusade for justice is what I want to see!