Page 4 of 124 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cameron Samurai View Post
    Yeah, that is a point, it was later on in the second saga when the clone Gwen showed a more badass side that the differences became more apparent.

Ben certaingly did different things, and was far more loose and pro-active than Peter (of course back then the writers were trying to make you think "ah the REAL Peter would have kicked Venom's ass but still...")
    That's where the writers came in to stir things up. As for Gwen, maybe she always had that badass side like the clone had, but we just never got the chance to see it! Just imagine her helping Peter fight crime and having that badass side come out! Wouldn't THAT be some interesting reading!

BANNED

It really says something when Spidey (under normal circumstances) wouldnt think of pointing a blaster in someone's face but all the women in his life do. Something very empowering and scary about that.

BANNED

It really says something when Spidey (under normal circumstances) wouldnt think of pointing a blaster in someone's face but all the women in his life do. Something very empowering and scary about that.
    Another reason Gwen would make a good crimefighting partner! She could have some badass Yin to complement Spidey's Yang! (Wow, that sounds a little raunchy!) LOL

BANNED

Well, fellow fans of Gwen, I need to sign out. Thank you again for the pleasant conversation, and I will talk to y'all later.

Take Care

BANNED

Great talking with you dddaaaav, be safe and I'll see you in here again sometime.

Quote Originally Posted by red winter View Post
    The House of M story was my favorite, seeing Pete & Gwendy together if they brought her back via alternate universe it could be the best thing to happen for Pete.
    They should have let her survive House of M. Mark Waid wrote her really well, and he's a fan of hers. I remember in the PBS comicbook documentary, he said that Gwen's death was like his Kennedy assassination moment. He remembered exactly when and where he was when he found out and he was crushed. I think he could do a good job at bringing her back. Him or Chris Yost.

I loved this scene from HoM Spider-Man.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by dddaaavvv View Post
    Well, fellow fans of Gwen, I need to sign out. Thank you again for the pleasant conversation, and I will talk to y'all later.

Take Care
    Great chatting with you man

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    They should have let her survive House of M. Mark Waid wrote her really well, and he's a fan of hers. I remember in the PBS comicbook documentary, he said that Gwen's death was like his Kennedy assassination moment. He remembered exactly when and where he was when he found out and he was crushed. I think he could do a good job at bringing her back. Him or Chris Yost.
    Well there's TWO potential writers for "The Return of Gwen Stacy!" Mark Waid's experience with Gwen's death was very similar to mine. It was a warm, sunny day and in every OTHER way, perfect. Then reading the comic and seeing that little "snap" graphic near Gwen's neck as Spidey caught her, gave me this little feeling of confused dread. Then when he discovered she was dead, I felt numb and nauseous. I was in this weird denial until #122 came out, and then it sunk in. Heavy stuff!! If Mark Waid went through a similar experience, then he would do a great job at bring her back because he is emotionally invested and motivated to do the job right.

As for Chris Yost he would be perfect for my alternative idea: Having Kaine meet a Gwen Stacy clone in Houston and have THEM live the life that Peter and Gwen were denied. THAT would get people to read Scarlet Spider!

BANNED

I'm not here to put Gwen on a pedestal, it's just IMHO she, out of all the women Peter's been with, is the best match for him, flaws and all.
    I think it's more the untapped potential that makes Gwen an endearing "fit" for Peter. In real life it would take an awful lot of raw drama to unfold for Peter to overcome Gwen's larger flaws whichc could stretch for years, there would be trust issues, and the thought of Peter looking after kids he didnt father and Gwen expecting him to just give up his whole life to start a family based off one of her mistakes is something I don't think I would be able to commit to.

Not saying Peter and Gwen couldnt still happen in spite of these issues, but I think you would have a lot of fun allowing Peter to really doubt Gwen is a good "fit" for him and how to reasses her place in his life.
    Last edited by Cameron Samurai; 05-02-2014 at 01:45 AM.

BANNED

I think it's more the untapped potential that makes Gwen an endearing "fit" for Peter. In real life it would take an awful lot of raw drama to unfold for Peter to overcome Gwen's larger flaws whichc could stretch for years, there would be trust issues, and the thought of Peter looking after kids he didnt father and Gwen expecting him to just give up his whole life to start a family based off one of her mistakes is something I don't think I would be able to commit to.

Not saying Peter and Gwen couldnt still happen in spite of these issues, but I think you would have a lot of fun allowing Peter to really doubt Gwen is a good "fit" for him and how to reasses her place in his life.
    One of the options in bringing her back would be a OMD style approach, where the Sins Past unpleasantness never happened.

As for trust issues, Peter has forgiven people for more. MJ rejecting his marriage proposal, Black Cat being a criminal, etc. Also, Peter has an over-developed sense of responsibility and demonstrated a desire to help the kids out of a sense of duty to Gwen. As for her and Norman, Peter and Gwen WERE split up at the time, and he kept his fair share of secrets from Gwen, like his secret identity. IMHO These are obstacles that could be overcome, but I will freely admit it would not, nor should not be resolved quickly. Both of them would have some adjustments to make and that storyline could drag on for several issues and make for some good readin'!

I agree with your last point. Their original romance was rather tumultuous anyway, so this would just be an extension where they learn to fall in love again. That aspect was what made their original romance such fun reading! Now here's a chance to do it again.

Some Sins Past jokes have been removed. It doesn't seem to fit the new CBR.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

I'm going to assume we've all seen the variant to Amazing Spider-Man 1.1 that has Gwen on the cover? Or at least a girl that looks like Gwen.

Quote Originally Posted by John Ossie View Post
    I'm going to assume we've all seen the variant to Amazing Spider-Man 1.1 that has Gwen on the cover? Or at least a girl that looks like Gwen.
    It's a flashback issue.

BANNED

One of the options in bringing her back would be a OMD style approach, where the Sins Past unpleasantness never happened.

As for trust issues, Peter has forgiven people for more. MJ rejecting his marriage proposal, Black Cat being a criminal, etc. Also, Peter has an over-developed sense of responsibility and demonstrated a desire to help the kids out of a sense of duty to Gwen. As for her and Norman, Peter and Gwen WERE split up at the time, and he kept his fair share of secrets from Gwen, like his secret identity. IMHO These are obstacles that could be overcome, but I will freely admit it would not, nor should not be resolved quickly.
    Yes, that's what I was saying. The baggage would definitely build over years and years of stories, we would be inside Peter's head the whole way as he juggled with the lure of responsibility for Gwen and her children's welfare, we could get reactions from Aunt May, would she approve of Peter being a young stepfather? Would there be a story where Peter and Gwen would have to deal with the children's acclerated growth? It would easily have filled up the last seven years alone. If the original plan for OMD had gone ahead, we would have probably have seen Peter and Gwen reunited in accordance with the movie coming out. Just shows how many missed oppertunities have come out of this stubborn desire to maintain old continuity that Marvel are becoming increasingly fickle with anyway.
    Last edited by Cameron Samurai; 05-02-2014 at 09:27 AM.