Page 51 of 124 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561101 ... LastLast

I think that there would be some confusion though since it is the same woman twice. Also I'm wondering if Gwenpool has healing powers or is just really skilled with weapons and is completely insane.
    Life Finds A Way
    God Loves Man Kills
    What Is Thy Bidding My Master
    Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken
    Till All Are One

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by a0040pc View Post
    I think that there would be some confusion though since it is the same woman twice. Also I'm wondering if Gwenpool has healing powers or is just really skilled with weapons and is completely insane.
    True. The trick would be making their personalities as distinctive as their costumes. And it's not the first time a Spider-Hero has been paired up with someone nearly physically identical to them, circa Spider-Man and the Scarlet Spider (Ben Reilly) during the 90s Clone Saga and "Spider-Girl Red and Spider-Girl Blue," a.k.a. May "Mayday" Parker and April "Mayhem" Parker in the Spectacular Spider-Girl comics.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

I know I got lucky with the Gwen-pool cover. Went to 4 different comic shops (looking for a older comic for my brother) afterwards and none had that cover.

Now while I enjoyed alot the recent Spider-Gwen issue and Gwen-pool part one with both leaving me very happy and waiting for the next issue there was one thing that bother me alot today. Hearing about a Spider-Gwen #0 (which is really a 8th reprint of Edge of the Spider-Verse) and about it being a "director's copy" and have additional content info and pictures I was interested to see what it might offer considering it was being sold for $5 vs the normal $4.

Sadly this was a disappointment. In the Darth Vader "director's edition issue, a couple of tradebooks, and in Captain America White #1 all had info and pictures that I felt earned that extra buck and was interesting. I was really hoping to see designs, test ideas, and prototype pictures of the entire cast and test sketches and coloring much like you might find in a "Art of (insert movie or show here)" book and seeing how the creative process came together and more. However instead we are just given a sturdier cover and the official professional script of the comic. Both I don't mind at all but I don't feel like it earned that extra buck. Now the page with the small pictures of the thought up but not used valiant sketches & pencils by Greg Land was such page I want to see more alike in the book and happy is in the issue a the very back pages. A possibly could of been that they could of added in a few full page pictures from the a vast number of the made variants for the Edge of the Spider-verse and Volume one had inside. For somebody who does not have Edge of the Spider-verse #2 in some form (or you do have it but you don't want to open the bag you might of put it in) this is fine but for those who already own a digital copy and hard copy then this doesn't offer that much. I think it would of been fair if it was $4 instead. Plus what would of added value to the comic was if instead of reusing the original cover + the text changes had Greg pick one of the unused variant idea sketches he made (I like number 1 and number 4 the most) and use that to be the foundation of the new artwork cover made for the issue).

cover Variant

t-iwazumi
    -----------------------------------------------------------------

League of Gwens by august-macias
    Last edited by juan678; 11-09-2015 at 06:07 PM.

Gwen's truly TRULY caught on with the mass fanbase.

Just hope they don't overdo it. Spider-Gwen and Gwenpool is about as much as I'd do and I'd focus on the development of Spider-Gwen. as Gwenpool could just show up anywhere and not a lot really needs to be 'known' about her as of yet.

True. I do like Iron Gwen, though, and have been working on ideas for an A/U where Tony Stark became her mentor (and never hit on her, because even he wouldn't hit on someone underage and possibly like a daughter/sister to him) and his captivity in what would be the Iron Man origin story inspired her to let loose with a prototype advanced personal armor she'd been working on to rescue him, after which point they worked together on refining and enhancing her suit. Gwoot is good, too, and I've been thinking of an idea where Gwen accidentally gets merged with Groot and she and Peter (Parker) have to try to adjust . . . in ways that give new meaning to the term "tree-hugger." Then there's Gwenverine, who I'd handle in the same vein of X-23, as a conditioned assassin "pretending" to be an ordinary teenage girl to get close to someone connected to someone Weapon X (or HYDRA, X-23's creators in her original appearance in X-Men: Evolution) thinks is a threat or an unwelcome rival, with that "someone connected to someone Weapon X/HYDRA doesn't like" being none other than Peter Parker, secretly the Amazing Spider-Man. Yes, a new dynamic to the Wolverine/Spider-Man relationship. And Gwenpool just drives her Spider-Man up the walls just like Deadpool already does here. Those are my ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    True. I do like Iron Gwen, though, and have been working on ideas for an A/U where Tony Stark became her mentor (and never hit on her, because even he wouldn't hit on someone underage and possibly like a daughter/sister to him) and his captivity in what would be the Iron Man origin story inspired her to let loose with a prototype advanced personal armor she'd been working on to rescue him, after which point they worked together on refining and enhancing her suit. Gwoot is good, too, and I've been thinking of an idea where Gwen accidentally gets merged with Groot and she and Peter (Parker) have to try to adjust . . . in ways that give new meaning to the term "tree-hugger." Then there's Gwenverine, who I'd handle in the same vein of X-23, as a conditioned assassin "pretending" to be an ordinary teenage girl to get close to someone connected to someone Weapon X (or HYDRA, X-23's creators in her original appearance in X-Men: Evolution) thinks is a threat or an unwelcome rival, with that "someone connected to someone Weapon X/HYDRA doesn't like" being none other than Peter Parker, secretly the Amazing Spider-Man. Yes, a new dynamic to the Wolverine/Spider-Man relationship. And Gwenpool just drives her Spider-Man up the walls just like Deadpool already does here. Those are my ideas.
    I too also have see some of the Gwen covers and have formed ideas for short tales invoking some of the AU Gwens that the variants presented a window to us showing them. For me the Gwen's that caught my eye the most was the Doctor Gwenange, Hulk Gwen (Bradshaw has been a artist that has impressive me alot of times), Venom Gwen (however I have a different ideas to her characterization then evil like most would present her), Captain Gwen, Medusa Gwen, and a few Gwens you wrote as well.

For the Gwenange idea: The evil goblin (or in a twist Vulture) drop Gwen down to her death like before however this time a big change happen. When Spider-man caught her her neck hurt but didn't snap. The same could not be said for her back. Becoming unable to move her body anymore Gwen became despite to find help in any way but none was to be found. Taken to a park hill and asking to be left alone to think over her life for a few minutes Gwen saw a little girl playing bellow about to get hit by a speeding car. In a desperation attempt and desire of strong will Gwen somehow was able to move her wheel chair over the edge of the hill enough to have gravity take her down. Knocking the little girl out of the way Gwen took the hit. Gwen was rushed to the hospital and was told she was lucky to be alive twice over. In the hospital Gwen was visited by the adoptive father of the girl she saved named Phillip Coulson. Phillip Coulson was a man of mystery. In his past he had a secret job that had him see many terrifying and wonderful things. On a particular case giving to him a baby who was classified as a unknown was discovered and brought over to him. He was suppose to put her in a foster care but something inside him wanted to keep and protect the baby girl. He traded his secret job and became a dad to his girl Sky. On one of his first mission with the secret agency he came across a wise and mystical being that gave him a amulet and a paper and was told that he will give them to the one who would save his child in the future.
    Coulson now knew Gwen was who the being was referring to.
    Inside the note was a invitation asking Gwen by name to come. That fate had big plans for her and she was pure and worth for what was store but she needed to decide for herself what her destiny will be. Written that her life would never be the same but big things was waiting for to her. All she had to do was to accept even if it was just mentally. Peter looked over this note but told Gwen there was nothing on the paper. Fascinated and hoping that this message only she could see might hold some solution to her condition Gwen accepted the invite and soon Gwen found herself teleported to a unknown temple.
    (shorter version) at the temple and a time vortex Gwen learned of the mystical forces and the great dangers that the earth was heading towards. At first Gwen a woman of science scoff at such things as magic and would of left if it wasn't for a assassination attempt that she found herself apart of against the master. Seeing magic in action Gwen became a believer and accepted the master's offer for help and magic training. While Gwen Trained she learned many spell that offered her assistance. She began using a spell and a cloak that allowed Gwen to fly thus she would not have to use wheelchair again. Mastering magical puppetry spells Gwen was able to mental control magical strings that normal would would control other's movements but this time Gwen apply it to herself using her mind to move her body upright like a puppet. With much practice it became a thoughtless practice and Gwen was able to appeared like she was able to walk and move again using those magical strings. Gwen at first was only interested in finding a cure or just mastering the basics to appear like she was healed but the level of responsibility and understanding of what was needed to be done began to take root the more she learned. However she was still a teen and had to go to high school and wanted to keep her personal life Gwen was teleported home with a adviser and partner that help continue her magical studies in between her social life. While Gwen was becoming one of the greatest sorcerers of all time her personal life took a hit. Gwen use to be very popular and in the in crowd but now wearing unconventional outfits and items on her at all times and caught speaking to herself (when she was really communicating to mystical forces that resided in planes that the human eye and ears can not see nor hear) people began calling her strange and the rumors of her using sorcery began to unnerve her peers. The few that stood by her during these strange and influential times in her life was Peter and MJ. Their unbreakable loyalty and friendship was touching for Gwen and she told them of why she was currently acting the way she was even though Gwen feared they would not believe or fear her.
    One of her missions and a epic magical battle between the forces of good and the forces of evil a small child got hurt in the crossfire. Gwen using some healing spells patch the child up. The kid awoke and ask if she was a doctor. Gwen told the child no however a reporter overhear the conversation and the talk of magic. Investigating the reporter interviewed her peers and many called her many things but "Strange" was a common word. Writing a artificial Gwen became labeled as "Dr Gwenge".

Gwen/Medusa idea (and this time much shorter version cutting many things out) is that a massive time of unrest was happening for the Inhumans and the royal family was forced to send away temporary a new born baby to earth with a guardian to stay hidden till the civil unrest was resolved. Things didn't go as planed and the tracking for the capsule holding the baby girl was knock off course by a rebel spy and considered destroyed entering earth's stratosphere. The child however did live and was found in NYC by new cop Stacy. The cop took her in as his own.
    Gwen had a mostly normal life in a world of Superheros. But that normalcy was shattered when a unknown mist came to earth.

For the rest of the Gwen ideas I will have to write for another time. It is very late and I have to go to bed and also prepare for work. I already have the Captain Stacy idea written down in a notepad so that would be a faster and more detailed tale idea then the mess I just wrote formed from the top of my head.

BANNED

Quesada.

Just read both Spider-Gwen and Web Warriors which came out this week. In Spider-Gwen we see her universe's version of Captain America who is an African American woman who was given the Super Soldier serum back in WWII. There was even a info page about her at the end of the issue.
    Life Finds A Way
    God Loves Man Kills
    What Is Thy Bidding My Master
    Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken
    Till All Are One

Quote Originally Posted by a0040pc View Post
    In Spider-Gwen we see her universe's version of Captain America who is an African American woman who was given the Super Soldier serum back in WWII. There was even a info page about her at the end of the issue.
    Words I never thought I would utter: "Sam Wilson is a sexy Captain America".

Why does Gwen have long hair in Web Warriors? I thought she was supposed to have short hair. They're making her look more like her deceased 616 counterpart even in their comics now.

(Gwen is also wearing a "Ramones" shirt. You just can't see it very well in that particular page.)

Quote Originally Posted by AngelJD View Post
    I too also have see some of the Gwen covers and have formed ideas for short tales invoking some of the AU Gwens that the variants presented a window to us showing them. For me the Gwen's that caught my eye the most was the Doctor Gwenange, Hulk Gwen (Bradshaw has been a artist that has impressive me alot of times), Venom Gwen (however I have a different ideas to her characterization then evil like most would present her), Captain Gwen, Medusa Gwen, and a few Gwens you wrote as well.

For the Gwenange idea: The evil goblin (or in a twist Vulture) drop Gwen down to her death like before however this time a big change happen. When Spider-man caught her her neck hurt but didn't snap. The same could not be said for her back. Becoming unable to move her body anymore Gwen became despite to find help in any way but none was to be found. Taken to a park hill and asking to be left alone to think over her life for a few minutes Gwen saw a little girl playing bellow about to get hit by a speeding car. In a desperation attempt and desire of strong will Gwen somehow was able to move her wheel chair over the edge of the hill enough to have gravity take her down. Knocking the little girl out of the way Gwen took the hit. Gwen was rushed to the hospital and was told she was lucky to be alive twice over. In the hospital Gwen was visited by the adoptive father of the girl she saved named Phillip Coulson. Phillip Coulson was a man of mystery. In his past he had a secret job that had him see many terrifying and wonderful things. On a particular case giving to him a baby who was classified as a unknown was discovered and brought over to him. He was suppose to put her in a foster care but something inside him wanted to keep and protect the baby girl. He traded his secret job and became a dad to his girl Sky. On one of his first mission with the secret agency he came across a wise and mystical being that gave him a amulet and a paper and was told that he will give them to the one who would save his child in the future.
    Coulson now knew Gwen was who the being was referring to.
    Inside the note was a invitation asking Gwen by name to come. That fate had big plans for her and she was pure and worth for what was store but she needed to decide for herself what her destiny will be. Written that her life would never be the same but big things was waiting for to her. All she had to do was to accept even if it was just mentally. Peter looked over this note but told Gwen there was nothing on the paper. Fascinated and hoping that this message only she could see might hold some solution to her condition Gwen accepted the invite and soon Gwen found herself teleported to a unknown temple.
    (shorter version) at the temple and a time vortex Gwen learned of the mystical forces and the great dangers that the earth was heading towards. At first Gwen a woman of science scoff at such things as magic and would of left if it wasn't for a assassination attempt that she found herself apart of against the master. Seeing magic in action Gwen became a believer and accepted the master's offer for help and magic training. While Gwen Trained she learned many spell that offered her assistance. She began using a spell and a cloak that allowed Gwen to fly thus she would not have to use wheelchair again. Mastering magical puppetry spells Gwen was able to mental control magical strings that normal would would control other's movements but this time Gwen apply it to herself using her mind to move her body upright like a puppet. With much practice it became a thoughtless practice and Gwen was able to appeared like she was able to walk and move again using those magical strings. Gwen at first was only interested in finding a cure or just mastering the basics to appear like she was healed but the level of responsibility and understanding of what was needed to be done began to take root the more she learned. However she was still a teen and had to go to high school and wanted to keep her personal life Gwen was teleported home with a adviser and partner that help continue her magical studies in between her social life. While Gwen was becoming one of the greatest sorcerers of all time her personal life took a hit. Gwen use to be very popular and in the in crowd but now wearing unconventional outfits and items on her at all times and caught speaking to herself (when she was really communicating to mystical forces that resided in planes that the human eye and ears can not see nor hear) people began calling her strange and the rumors of her using sorcery began to unnerve her peers. The few that stood by her during these strange and influential times in her life was Peter and MJ. Their unbreakable loyalty and friendship was touching for Gwen and she told them of why she was currently acting the way she was even though Gwen feared they would not believe or fear her.
    One of her missions and a epic magical battle between the forces of good and the forces of evil a small child got hurt in the crossfire. Gwen using some healing spells patch the child up. The kid awoke and ask if she was a doctor. Gwen told the child no however a reporter overhear the conversation and the talk of magic. Investigating the reporter interviewed her peers and many called her many things but "Strange" was a common word. Writing a artificial Gwen became labeled as "Dr Gwenge".

Gwen/Medusa idea (and this time much shorter version cutting many things out) is that a massive time of unrest was happening for the Inhumans and the royal family was forced to send away temporary a new born baby to earth with a guardian to stay hidden till the civil unrest was resolved. Things didn't go as planed and the tracking for the capsule holding the baby girl was knock off course by a rebel spy and considered destroyed entering earth's stratosphere. The child however did live and was found in NYC by new cop Stacy. The cop took her in as his own.
    Gwen had a mostly normal life in a world of Superheros. But that normalcy was shattered when a unknown mist came to earth.

For the rest of the Gwen ideas I will have to write for another time. It is very late and I have to go to bed and also prepare for work. I already have the Captain Stacy idea written down in a notepad so that would be a faster and more detailed tale idea then the mess I just wrote formed from the top of my head.
    Sounds good so far. I had an idea for Cap-Gwen that was somewhat similar to the MCU structuring of Captain America's story. The idea would be that she repeatedly tried to join the U.S. Army when Pearl Harbor spurred the U.S. to get involved in World War II because she felt utterly wrong being safe at home while people she knew and cared about, particularly her best friend Peter Parker, went to fight and possibly die. She got rejected every single time because she was a woman, and got found out pretty much every time she tried to disguise herself as a man to get in, only to one day be noticed by Abraham Erskine, who found her courage and determination inspiring and made her the primary test subject for the Super-Soldier Serum he had developed, regardless of the objections of the generals, transforming her into Captain America. Then Erskine was killed by a HYDRA spy, and Gwen went AWOL to save Peter when she found out his unit had been captured behind enemy lines, pulling off a successful rescue that enabled her to start her own team of elite soldiers to take the fight to HYDRA --- a team whose first recruit and second-in-command was none other than Peter Parker, who later fell to his death stopping a train carrying a weapon that would have destroyed the Allied Forces, the same weapon that Gwen herself subsequently gave her own life to stop, plummeting to an icy death in the Arctic.

Of course, neither of them were quite dead, Gwen recovered seventy-odd years later thanks to her augmented body shutting down into a kind of healing coma engineered to preserve her life even in conditions and environments most inhospitable to human life, and Peter's broken body found by a splinter faction of HYDRA that had settled in the Soviet Union under the name Leviathan and rebuilt by them into a superhuman killing machine with his mind reconditioned to follow suit. While Gwen became Captain America once more and the de facto leader of a rising team of superheroes called the Avengers, Peter became the supremely deadly assassin known as the Wolf Spider, with senses and instincts that could anticipate and react to any attack, even the thought of attack, inhuman quickness that enabled him to dodge, kill, and evade before his targets or opponents knew what struck them down, and strength that could tear titanium like tissue paper. Their paths would cross once more, Gwen horrified to see what had become of her closest friend and Peter confused and anguished by memories that compelled him to spare her, conflicting with his conditioning and driving him to the brink of insanity, especially when in their final confrontation, as Leviathan was on the cusp of making America burn, Gwen refused to fight him despite his drive to kill her and in doing so silence the agony in his heart that came from even looking at her. In the end, Peter Parker resurfaced just long enough from the cobwebs of the Wolf Spider to save Gwen's life, and then vanished into the ether to find a way to live his own.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    Why does Gwen have long hair in Web Warriors? I thought she was supposed to have short hair. They're making her look more like her deceased 616 counterpart even in their comics now.

(Gwen is also wearing a "Ramones" shirt. You just can't see it very well in that particular page.)

She could just be growing it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Sounds good so far. I had an idea for Cap-Gwen that was somewhat similar to the MCU structuring of Captain America's story. The idea would be that she repeatedly tried to join the U.S. Army when Pearl Harbor spurred the U.S. to get involved in World War II because she felt utterly wrong being safe at home while people she knew and cared about, particularly her best friend Peter Parker, went to fight and possibly die. She got rejected every single time because she was a woman, and got found out pretty much every time she tried to disguise herself as a man to get in, only to one day be noticed by Abraham Erskine, who found her courage and determination inspiring and made her the primary test subject for the Super-Soldier Serum he had developed, regardless of the objections of the generals, transforming her into Captain America. Then Erskine was killed by a HYDRA spy, and Gwen went AWOL to save Peter when she found out his unit had been captured behind enemy lines, pulling off a successful rescue that enabled her to start her own team of elite soldiers to take the fight to HYDRA --- a team whose first recruit and second-in-command was none other than Peter Parker, who later fell to his death stopping a train carrying a weapon that would have destroyed the Allied Forces, the same weapon that Gwen herself subsequently gave her own life to stop, plummeting to an icy death in the Arctic.

Of course, neither of them were quite dead, Gwen recovered seventy-odd years later thanks to her augmented body shutting down into a kind of healing coma engineered to preserve her life even in conditions and environments most inhospitable to human life, and Peter's broken body found by a splinter faction of HYDRA that had settled in the Soviet Union under the name Leviathan and rebuilt by them into a superhuman killing machine with his mind reconditioned to follow suit. While Gwen became Captain America once more and the de facto leader of a rising team of superheroes called the Avengers, Peter became the supremely deadly assassin known as the Wolf Spider, with senses and instincts that could anticipate and react to any attack, even the thought of attack, inhuman quickness that enabled him to dodge, kill, and evade before his targets or opponents knew what struck them down, and strength that could tear titanium like tissue paper. Their paths would cross once more, Gwen horrified to see what had become of her closest friend and Peter confused and anguished by memories that compelled him to spare her, conflicting with his conditioning and driving him to the brink of insanity, especially when in their final confrontation, as Leviathan was on the cusp of making America burn, Gwen refused to fight him despite his drive to kill her and in doing so silence the agony in his heart that came from even looking at her. In the end, Peter Parker resurfaced just long enough from the cobwebs of the Wolf Spider to save Gwen's life, and then vanished into the ether to find a way to live his own.

So here in my own version of Captain Gwen (that I wrote to a friend and placed as well in a fanart comment section found here: http://slime-series.deviantart.com/a...klyn-537944370 :

Gwen Stacy, daughter of the late Captain Stacy. A noble and valiant teen from Brooklyn she was raise by only her father (mother died during Gwen's childbirth) and later by the Parkers. To Gwen her dad was her hero and world. He was a man of duty and fought for the rights, freedom, and safety of others as a cop and former Solder from WW1. Despite making Captain and a well respected man on the force they still have little in means of financial stability. Whatever was made went to being able to eat and to pay for Gwen's education and necessary pills for her health.

Gwen wanted to be just like her dad and at a very young age decided who she would be. She too would fight for the rights and freedoms of others and be a protector and hero either as a future cop or soldier in the army. While her father was proud to hear how inspirational he was to Gwen and to see Gwen's good heart and nature he also was fearful for Gwen. Gwen was born with a series of physical problems and various symptoms. She was more frail and smaller than average compared to other humans her age and while she worked out and worked hard to fulfill her dream of being a hero the fact remained her body wasn't matching up. Her father wanted Gwen to have a good education and focus on areas that she was not only talented at but were safer. Areas such as the science fields and her knack at physics. However Gwen had made her decision that she wanted to be just like her dad. She would protect and speak up for others such as the weak or downcast from the injustices put upon them. However while she never back down from a fight she also never gain a real flawless victory. Time and time again she found herself face down on the dirt and bloodily from the battles but she always got back up.

On one such instance while in grade school she saw a boy from her class getting bullied for being a "nerd" and the bullies were trying to rob his new camera that he got from his Aunt and Uncle. Gwen stepped in to defend and found herself soon being rough up for it. Her courage however inspired the boy whom she was trying to defend and he joined in the losing battle. The end result was both of them being treated by the school nurse and sharing a room while their guardians was being called. However due to Gwen's interference the bullies forgot about the boy's camera and thus he still had it and in working order. They introduced themselves on the that day with Gwen learning the boy's name was Peter. His first official shots with his camera was of his hero and fellow beaten up new friend Gwen and when his uncle came in had his uncle take a shot with them together as a marking picture to their new friendship made that day.

Part two will be posted next as I hit a word limit here.