Page 55 of 124 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965105 ... LastLast

I just posted this on the "Gwenpool is getting an ongoing series" thread but seeing how this topic is also popping up I'll add my two cents here as well:

Gwen-Pool is in part a Alternate Gwen Stacy and yet also not any Gwen Stacy that we know of as well. She came from the Gwen Stacy June variant covers so she still has a link in that sense of comic origins plus looking at her and her body and face is that of Gwen Stacy but personality of Deadpool and some original styles and quirks of her own. I count her as a Alternate of Gwen and Deadpool composite in one yet still her own character.

The same applies in sense for Gwen Stacy/Spider-Gwen where she among a set of the many Gwen Stacys but also with the destiny and responsibility and trials of a alternate Spider hero. She's a "Gwen Stacy" yet like all Gwen Stacys have to be counted as their own character per world as a individual and not a perfect copy or have influence of the many possible outcomes, expectations, or exceptions as each fate is that of their own. Gwen Stacy of 616 and Gwen Stacy of 65 might be a Gwen and alternates of each other but different characters still with actions, environment, peers, and decisions who makes them who they are as individuals.

Gwen Stacys who could be villains, Gwens who could be silly, Gwens who could be serous, Gwens who would like certain Gwens, and Gwens who would hate certain Gwens and it all based on many factors. Even in the Gwen Stacy Appreciation thread Gwen Stacy of 65 is talked about alot (for understandable reasons) thus each "Appreciation thread" instead of honoring one character is in fact now (due to the nature of many different earths/worlds and characters in them in comics) a Appreciation thread to many different characters with the Alternate worlds and it's characters tossed in. Thus in such threads we have to be careful and make sure we are stating which version we might be talking about (there are Gwens I dislike and Gwens I love and some Peter Parkers and proxies I like and some neutral about).

Thus for me Gwen Poole is still part:
    Gwen Stacy proxy AU category
    Deadpool proxy AU category
    and her own being like all characters are.

I think that the Earth from the one with "Spider-Storm" that is full of characters that are in some form a mix of two characters we know from 616 would be the perfect world that Gwen-Pool came from being part Deadpool and Gwen Stacy herself (with more Gwen in her genetics). That earth could be the one Gwen-pool came from and was apart of till something happened and she was stuck on 616. Gwen-Pool has to now relearn others and take in a world full of people she knows but feels to her incomplete being only half of who she knew every time and that change is jarring yet takes each one with stride. She feels like a joke KNOWING she is a joke, mixed, and "niche" character but wants to take whatever time she has to carve herself out and at least be entertaining and memorable in a good way for her readers with the limited time she knows she has and thus moves quickly, without thinking, and in the extreme for she could be canceled at any moment (self awareness is a big factor and also acknowledgment even with her own title being "Unbelievable" that she also can't believe she got a series for whatever time she has).

Hoping that the artist and writer is ready and has many great ideas and plots and character developments that we will enjoy making a quality and wonderful character and series.

Quote Originally Posted by frizb View Post
    How bout a Gwen-Ham?
    I was thinking: "Hen Stacy" who at one point gets kidnapped by teleport ray in a way that has Peter Poker/Spider-Ham thinking she was disintegrated and morns her loss with Mary Jane Watterbuffalo (not made up http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Mary_Ja...o_(Earth-8311) but i think I prefer Mary Crane Watsow instead http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Mary_Cr...w_(Earth-8311) ) and collected by the Collector who has discovered the animal and strange universes and sees them as amusements for his collection. She busts out with "Gwoot" (the Gwen Stacy/Groot from the Groot #1 Gwen Stacy June variant cover that even Spider-Ham found absurd http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/71ZDxenG6nL.jpg ). They try to find a way to get back to their home universes. Hen Stacy makes a nest on top of Gwoot where she stays when she can with Gwoot her protector and new best friend.

There is a Gwen-Ham as well due to the variant covers in June: http://i.annihil.us/u/prod/marvel/i/...924/detail.jpg
    Last edited by AngelJD; 12-28-2015 at 11:43 AM.

How about rather than Ant-Gwen we have her going the opposite way and adding G and I to the start of her codename
    Life Finds A Way
    God Loves Man Kills
    What Is Thy Bidding My Master
    Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken
    Till All Are One

Quote Originally Posted by a0040pc View Post
    How about rather than Ant-Gwen we have her going the opposite way and adding G and I to the start of her codename
    Couple reasons.

1: Ant-Man is the name of the movie. And its sequel is Ant-Man and the Wasp. No getting around that the title of "Ant-Man" is more well known.

2: Marvel is currently publishing a comic with "Ant-Man" in the name. There's no "Giant-Man" comic.

3: It's a play on words. When you hear the word "Ant" in relation to Spider-Man, you think of "Aunt May." ("Ant" and "Aunt" can have a similar pronunciation.)

Of course, the whole idea of Gwen variant month is Gwen is everyone. So we would have "Ant-Gwen," "Gwensp," and "Giant-Gwen." This was all in fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    Couple reasons.

1: Ant-Man is the name of the movie. And its sequel is Ant-Man and the Wasp. No getting around that the title of "Ant-Man" is more well known.

2: Marvel is currently publishing a comic with "Ant-Man" in the name. There's no "Giant-Man" comic.

3: It's a play on words. When you hear the word "Ant" in relation to Spider-Man, you think of "Aunt May." ("Ant" and "Aunt" can have a similar pronunciation.)

Of course, the whole idea of Gwen variant month is Gwen is everyone. So we would have "Ant-Gwen," "Gwensp," and "Giant-Gwen." This was all in fun.
    Would be fun to see Ant-Gwen, Gwasp and Giant-Gwen. Definitely something that we need some fan art on. Too bad I'm a writer and not an artist.
    Life Finds A Way
    God Loves Man Kills
    Till All Are One

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Given their relationship in Spider-Gwen, maybe Mary Jane should be the "Yellowjacket." (Although it feels weird calling her "Yellowjacket." Maybe "The Red Wasp." )

(Edit: The premise being if Gwen isn't already both Ant-Gwen and Wasp. )
    That's a good idea, too. Hmm, how about the three of them together, Gwen as Ant-Woman, Mary Jane as Red Wasp (there is such a thing, at least in Ultimate Avengers by Mark Millar), and Peter as Yellowjacket?
    The spider is always on the hunt.

BANNED

Someone made a short Spider-Gwen animated clip. Pretty cool.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Allegra_T...304577/video/1

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

I saw. They ought to make a series out of that, as soon as possible.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

I like classic Gwen more now than I did before this year..
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberhubbs View Post
    Someone made a short Spider-Gwen animated clip. Pretty cool.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Allegra_T...304577/video/1
    Looks pretty neat.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

I just realized the odd time writers will have adapting Spider-Gwen to cartoons.

At some point, Ultimate Spider-Man or another cartoon is going to have an appearance by Spider-Gwen.

They could do it some time after the regular Gwen Stacy is killed off, although that would likely take several years to set up. They'd have to introduce that Gwen, and tell her story long enough that her death could be presented as a defining tragedy in Peter's life. And then they'd have to wait a bit before introducing Spider-Gwen, since that would make the mourning period kinda weird.

They could do it while the regular Gwen Stacy is alive in the cartoons. Peter meeting an alternate universe version of a classmate might make him more interested in getting to know the version of her in his world.

They might do it while skipping over the Gwen of Peter's world, a decision that comes with slightly lower emotional stakes, but allows for a popular character's introduction and skips over a plot that might be tough to do in a cartoon.

The last part is that the Gwen Stacy Peter knows might also be bitten by a radioactive spider, although that results in a radically different Spider-Gwen as well.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    I just realized the odd time writers will have adapting Spider-Gwen to cartoons.

At some point, Ultimate Spider-Man or another cartoon is going to have an appearance by Spider-Gwen.

They could do it some time after the regular Gwen Stacy is killed off, although that would likely take several years to set up. They'd have to introduce that Gwen, and tell her story long enough that her death could be presented as a defining tragedy in Peter's life. And then they'd have to wait a bit before introducing Spider-Gwen, since that would make the mourning period kinda weird.

They could do it while the regular Gwen Stacy is alive in the cartoons. Peter meeting an alternate universe version of a classmate might make him more interested in getting to know the version of her in his world.

They might do it while skipping over the Gwen of Peter's world, a decision that comes with slightly lower emotional stakes, but allows for a popular character's introduction.

The last part is that the Gwen Stacy Peter knows might also be bitten by a radioactive spider, although that results in a radically different Spider-Gwen as well.
    I say don't even wait for Gwen's cartoon death. Spider-Gwen is her own Gwen.

I was thinking in the near future to write another Spider-Gwen fanfic.. My previous one was Spider-Gwen: Tall Story about the titular character being exposed to Van Dyne Particles (her universe's version of Pym Particles) and growing to around 16 feet in height. I have four more stories in mind but the second one in particular which has Gwen having to deal with the mutation problem. One of the key things that made me think about it was a six armed Gwen playing the drums. A bit of six armed Spider-Gwen action I thought would be fun to see but there will be a much more serious tone to the story because she can't go around with six arms for the rest of her life and like in the Spider-Man Animated Series she will continue to mutate.
    Life Finds A Way
    God Loves Man Kills
    Till All Are One

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post

They might do it while skipping over the Gwen of Peter's world, a decision that comes with slightly lower emotional stakes, but allows for a popular character's introduction and skips over a plot that might be tough to do in a cartoon.

I was thinking about this subject and wondered if they'd just stick an alternate MJ into that costume. If only because they haven't so much as introduced a Gwen Stacy for the audience in the USM cartoon.

(They used a female version of Peter Parker for Spider-Girl instead of using Mayday.)

I say don't even wait for Gwen's cartoon death. Spider-Gwen is her own Gwen.
    I think a big part of the character's appeal is seeing the ultimate victim of the Spidey franchise refashioned into a hero.

BANNED

I was thinking about this subject and wondered if they'd just stick an alternate MJ into that costume. If only because they haven't so much as introduced a Gwen Stacy for the audience in the USM cartoon.

(They used a female version of Peter Parker for Spider-Girl instead of using Mayday.)

I think a big part of the character's appeal is seeing the ultimate victim of the Spidey franchise refashioned into a hero.
    Initial appeal, sure. But I'd want her to be something more than just the alternate universe version of a murdered love interest.

Initial appeal, sure. But I'd want her to be something more than just the alternate universe version of a murdered love interest.
    That's kind of what she is. "The Night Gwen Stacy Died" is a pretty famous comic book story. They did two movies dedicated to that story. It's not like people are going to just forget she was a victim. But the fans ended up embracing the idea that the ultimate victim of the Spider-franchise could be a hero if given the opportunity.