Page 71 of 124 FirstFirst ... 216167686970717273747581121 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,065 of 1848

I know it's just a small detail but small details matter. It's like when I see a fanart of Spider-Gwen and majority is basically 616 Gwen cosplaying Earth-65 Gwen/Spider-Woman. I feel a vibe of disappointment of the common error due to how people are use to a character or situation (but in art details matter). I also usually see Gwen smiling and looking carefree swinging without her mask on (while the ones who read her series knows that the series isn't happy/carefree series).
    I don't say anything about that however when I do see that fine detail of Earth-65 Gwen (plus other proof a artist put in time for research or reads her series) I often compliment the key detail they got right.

Fan arts is one thing. Professional artists however at this time I feel enough time has gone by to have references and I hope will go the extra step in capturing her details and her series and characters vibe.

BUT...
    Gwen of Earth-65 DID have long hair even when she was first as a brand new Spider-Woman 'Year 0'
    Earth-65 Gwen did have very long hair HOWEVER this only really appeared in a flashbacks to when Earth-65 Gwen and Peter first met Earth-65 Harry found in issue 1 Vol 2 and the forth issue of Volume 2. Some time later she cut her hair (maybe she felt it was getting in the way or felt the need for change).

Looking at the Edge of the Spider-Verse flashback "previously" splash page one could say that the hair was pushed out of sight of the viewers (hair in back if facing Gwen but hair ruffled forward when seeing her back)

I will miss Robbi and the style and edge he brought to Earth-65 Gwen and the series and vibes. That also said I also love that artwork from Mark Bagley and I enjoy seeing different art styles and the different feels they can bring to the series and characters. Fine details and emtions shown and overall very impressive even before other details and colors are put in.

Looking foward to #25!
    Last edited by AngelJD; 08-10-2017 at 08:09 PM.

BANNED

Gwen will appear in a new series of animated Marvel shorts, and will have a new name: Ghost Spider.

There will also be an animated feature film, "Marvel Rising: Secret Warriors"

https://www.buzzfeed.com/susancheng/...ftw#.ihnzAgPK1

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Gwen will appear in a new series of animated Marvel shorts, and will have a new name: Ghost Spider.

There will also be an animated feature film, "Marvel Rising: Secret Warriors"

https://www.buzzfeed.com/susancheng/...ftw#.ihnzAgPK1
    Seems kind of random to give her a new codename. Why not use Spider-Woman ?

I guess she does kind of look like a ghost with her costume...

Got to wonder if her codename will be changing in the comics too. Only other reason to change it would be Jessica Drew showing up in Rising.

I notice something - they appear to have combined her with Gwenpool, she has her pink dip dyed hair.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Got to wonder if her codename will be changing in the comics too. Only other reason to change it would be Jessica Drew showing up in Rising.

I notice something - they appear to have combined her with Gwenpool, she has her pink dip dyed hair.
    And people say Gwenpool isn't related to Gwen Stacy .

(Although Gwen has a history of appropriating fashions from other characters).

BANNED

I prefered they didn't do that. While small I feel that hair dip color/look is something special visually for Gwen Poole who is her own character. I enjoy both Gwen Poole and Gwen Stacy and while I'm fine saying they are both possible alternatives of 'Gwen' in the grand scheme of the Multiverse in some form I still would prefer they had a bit of character visual and charazation separation to help define them as two individuals. Not sure if we will see a new 'composite character' consisting of both 616 Gwen Poole and Earth-65 Gwen Stacy into this 'Ghost-Spider' Gwen. Her history is a unknown if it will follow Earth-65 version or a brand new history and characterization. Maybe she will have Gwen Poole's personalty but have Earth-65's Gwen Stacy understanding of responsibility (thus a light hearted and playful Gwen but takes being 'Ghost-Spider' to heart).

I feel to help give a separation between the two characters however still have a dip dyed hair for this soon to be shown Earth unknown Gwen a blue coloring similar to the one found on her costume would be better for her: Like this cosplayer did for what she labeled 'Punk Spider-Gwen':

I would of also prefered her being called 'Spider-Woman' however if in this world this new multiverse Gwen will be apart of will have a Jessica Drew who is Spider-Woman and possibly her mentor like 616 Jessica is to 65 Gwen then maybe they could say this Gwen first was going to be Spider-Woman but Jessica asked her not to be or out of respect or wanting her own name decided to pick another name since Jessica is Spider-Woman first (also based on what is happening in the Mile's Spider-Man book they could also tie in that maybe Miles and Gwen proved they could be 'Spider-Man' and 'Spider-Woman' with their mentors blessings however then wanted their own 'thing').

I see that all the characters including Gwen have a bit of a redesign. I generally like majority of the concept/made for this series/movie designs. For Gwen she looks nice and it feels like a fusion of Earth-65 Spider-Woman design made by Robbie and a few popular cosplay designs inspired by her. One con is it feels that Robbie's original Spider-Woman costume seen on Earth-65 Gwen has more of a 'Ghost' and stealth vibes then the more visual eye catching costume this 'Ghost-Spider' Gwen has.
    Last edited by AngelJD; 12-07-2017 at 02:26 PM.

At work I was thinking about that name this new Gwen Stacy from this movie will have: 'Ghost-Spider' and other elements of past comics showcasing different worlds from 616, 65, and a few others.

The word 'ghost' can have different meanings or uses. A 'Ghost' is often viewed in terms normally of one who died and become apart of the supernatural. Sometimes it is used as a way indicating stealth. Others being: a faint trace of something, act as ghostwriter of (a work), and/or to glide smoothly and effortlessly.

On one world there was a 'Ghost-Spider' who was Peter Parker from Earth-11638 that had the powers of 616 Peter and Johnny Blaze.

Before Earth-65 Spider-Gwen for many fans thanks to 616 Gwen Stacy many viewed various Gwen Stacys wondering if she would die (seen some forum topics when animated Spectacular first aired) as that infamous shocking death was well known for comics readers.
    Now that normally expected grim future of Multiverse 'Gwen Stacy's fate has been bucked thanks to the hard work and skills of writers, artists, and actresses that has made well written and beloved different multiverse Gwen Stacys without death being necessary or desired (1610, animated Spectacular, Amazing film series Emma Stone, a few other Multiverse shown issues). Most impactful of all of future made Gwen fate's being Earth-65 Gwen Stacy.
    Now when future 'Gwens' are made/rumored two common topics from fans I see pop up in talks: Will she die? Will she become/is Spider-Woman?

After some thinking about those two aspects the characters known as 'Gwen Stacy' is often associated or looked upon by fans I began having other thoughts popping into my head of how it could work for both ways making the name very fitting for her in some unseen Multiverse Earth.

I can see the name 'Ghost-Spider' fitting a Gwen Stacy that died (fulfilling that death aspect some people link her to) however either by: deal with the devil, magic, mutant, Inhuman, scientific or ritual accident that caused her 'death', or other means she comes back between the world of the living and dead plus having Spider powers. Mixing the two powers of a ghost and spider. Ghosts usually are connected to the world of the living and don't move on if some business that's important to them needs to happen.

Thus let's say after a Peter and MJ similar to 616 made a deal with the devil that took away their marriage/happiness. Gwen upset of what happened to the two people who means the world to her soul comes down from heaven to make a deal of her own with the devil. A deal that allowed Gwen renewed life and powers but also with a few stipulations and a time limit.
    Gwen has one month to reunited Peter and MJ. The time limit is secretly placed on her arm and changes in real time counting down. If Gwen succeeds in her mission it will nullify the condition of the devil taking the marriage and in turn Peter's and MJ's happiness away and Gwen will leave the moral place once more and go back to heaven as their guardian angel and the devil loses everything.

However if the time limit reaches 0 and Peter and MJ are not married then Gwen has her soul forfeited to the devil and must be his servant.
    However Gwen can add time to her time limit by collecting pieces of the 'Medallion of Power' A mystical artifact crafted by 'the Blood' that housed the essence of the original Spirits of Vengeance. The artifact long ago was broken into many shards with many of them hidden or magically protect from the devil. Gwen was ordered to collect them and for each shard acquired a month would be added.

The devil wants that artifact and figures that Gwen will fail in her mission and he will gain her soul (with plans to make her a succubus for his enjoyment) and at least a few shards will be gathered and he will attain them when she fails. A win-win for him.

Other situations of the deal that Gwen must follow: Gwen cannot let Peter, MJ or those that knew Gwen when she was first alive know she is back in the land of the living. Because of this condition Gwen will have to work behind the scenes trying to get Peter and MJ back together without them knowing and despite all other obstacles the devil might send her way.

In order for her to have even a fighting shot in collecting those difficult/dangerous shards (and importantly the devil loves giving a inch of 'hope' to heroes because it becomes so much sweeter when the look of total lost hope flashes across a hero's face) she is bonded with a fallen angel spirit that tried to rebel against him recently in hopes of earning her place back in heaven.
    The bonding of the two had Gwen gaining a few powers (and a 'partner') similar to some of the Devil's Ghost Riders of the past but also Gwen asked as part of the deal to have power's similar to Peter's/Spider-Man.
    Gwen wanted to feel and know how Peter feels swinging in the air and doing good plus part tribute to him and whom she stands behind for even if Peter can't know who is under the mask much like how for so long Gwen never knew and was hidden from her that Spider-man was Peter).

Back on her Earth Gwen learns that Peter has become the science and technology editor for the Bugle.
    When not patrolling the streets/being a superhero as 'Ghost-Spider', collecting tiny artifact shards to earn more time, or trying different ideas to get Peter and MJ back together in love Gwen would be writing often to the Bugle/Peter as a 'Ghostwriter'.

Possible, but I don't think it's going to run any deeper than design aesthetic.

Marvel is copying the DC Superhero Girls hard, including hair highlights. So the Marvel artists either decided that pink works for Gwen of they stole it from Gwenpool. But I doubt this Ghost Spider is going to be a 4th Wall breaking refugee from the real world or anything.

I think its just pink hair.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

I apologize if this has been brought up before, but with Marvel trademarking the Ghost-Spider name, makes me wonder if they might end up with Gwen moving to Earth 616. I'm not a regular SM follower, so is there anyone other than Peter that this Gwen would cause a stir with her showing up?

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    I apologize if this has been brought up before, but with Marvel trademarking the Ghost-Spider name, makes me wonder if they might end up with Gwen moving to Earth 616. I'm not a regular SM follower, so is there anyone other than Peter that this Gwen would cause a stir with her showing up?
    Well, I doubt they could put Peter and 65 Gwen together due to the age gap. Unless of course they change the character somehow aging her or use another version.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    Mary Jane (but that would actually require her being relevant to the Spider-Man books), Norman, Harry, and The Jackal if he were still alive.

But I don't think moving Spider-Gwen over to 616 is a wise move. Aside from the fact that part of her appeal is being an AU title (and Ghost Spider just doesn't really work as well as Spider-Woman) with her own version of Spider-Man characters and Marvel heroes serving as her supporting cast, I just don't think the title would feel the same if it was shoved into the main universe.

It won't feel the same whatever they do. After Gwenom, we only have a few more issues left before the artist changes. We've known that for a while.

Gwen's interactions with the Champions would be interesting, after Sitting In A Tree. Miles missed Champions #5 because of it, causing Kamala to make a guest appearance in Spider-Gwen showing concern for Miles. If the rest of the Mary Janes also came over to 616, that would of course lead to awkwardness when they meet their 616 counterparts. Silk and Spider-Woman are established to already be friends with Gwen, and I could see one of them dubbing Gwen a ghost spider because 616 Gwen is dead. The name would then stick to avoid sharing Jessica's codename.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Mary Jane (but that would actually require her being relevant to the Spider-Man books), Norman, Harry, and The Jackal if he were still alive.

But I don't think moving Spider-Gwen over to 616 is a wise move. Aside from the fact that part of her appeal is being an AU title (and Ghost Spider just doesn't really work as well as Spider-Woman) with her own version of Spider-Man characters and Marvel heroes serving as her supporting cast, I just don't think the title would feel the same if it was shoved into the main universe.
    Honestly, I can see them pulling a Miles and bring her over to 616 if her comics start to not sell enough, specialy since she already has a lot of intimacy with some of 616's characters, while it would sound stupid to do that, Marvel's standards are really low considering the ammount of alternate universe X-Men characters in 616 currently...