Page 73 of 124 FirstFirst ... 236369707172737475767783123 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,095 of 1848

Edge of the Spider-Verse #@ got me into comics and Spider-Gwen was my first series I pulled. I love the series and Gwen Stacy of Earth-65.
    If it's a rebranding (Spider-Gwen to Ghost Spider title) then that is fine. Otherwise I will be heartbroken (many series during my first month that I gave a shot and loved such as Silk and more are gone but losing Spider-Gwen will hit me more due to the personal history).

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    I think "Ghost Spider" might actually be worse. She doesn't have any ghost powers. She can't take people over or phase through walls or anything like that.
    I'd call her "White Widow" instead, like I did in one fanfic, but that's just me.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Uh, well...she wears a lot of white and has a white hoodie.

That's totally like a ghost .
    I know super hero names are a bit basic, but the name should tell you what you need to know. As much as we mock "Kid Arachnid" for being a silly name (and it is), it's at least basic enough that you kind of know what to expect. But "Ghost Spider" doesn't really mean anything.

And she's not even a Ghost Rider who was bitten by a radioactive spider.

Quote Originally Posted by AngelJD View Post
    Edge of the Spider-Verse #@ got me into comics and Spider-Gwen was my first series I pulled. I love the series and Gwen Stacy of Earth-65.
    If it's a rebranding (Spider-Gwen to Ghost Spider title) then that is fine. Otherwise I will be heartbroken (many series during my first month that I gave a shot and loved such as Silk and more are gone but losing Spider-Gwen will hit me more due to the personal history).
    The comic industry can be very cruel.

https://speedforce.org/2010/06/yj-canceled/

Enjoy these two pages from Young Justice where the characters got rather "meta" about their "comics" being cancelled.
    Last edited by Kevinroc; 12-28-2017 at 04:37 PM.

If she came to 616, her secret identity would basically be a ghost. 616 Gwen has been dead for years (except for when a clone popped up a couple of times). I can imagine Jessica or Cindy using the name as a joke - and someone overhears it, word gets around about this new hero called Ghost Spider, and it sticks as her new codename (this is similar to how Anya Corazon became Spider-Girl, people kept calling her that name because was wearing Julia Carpenter's old costume. Nobody listened when she insisted she was called Arana, so Spider-Girl stuck). Would disambiguate her from Jessica too.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Probably from the same person who came up with "Kid-Arachnid" .
    But when you look at some of Miles stuff especially when he's packaged with others-that is the name they go by.

I saw it today with a set of Spider-Man & family water squirters. Miles was listed under that name, however I think Gwen was under her real name.

This smells like a relaunch to me.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    But when you look at some of Miles stuff especially when he's packaged with others-that is the name they go by.

I saw it today with a set of Spider-Man & family water squirters. Miles was listed under that name, however I think Gwen was under her real name.

This smells like a relaunch to me.
    Gwen is always marketed as Spider-Gwen, never as Spider-Woman.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    If she came to 616, her secret identity would basically be a ghost. 616 Gwen has been dead for years (except for when a clone popped up a couple of times). I can imagine Jessica or Cindy using the name as a joke - and someone overhears it, word gets around about this new hero called Ghost Spider, and it sticks as her new codename (this is similar to how Anya Corazon became Spider-Girl, people kept calling her that name because was wearing Julia Carpenter's old costume. Nobody listened when she insisted she was called Arana, so Spider-Girl stuck). Would disambiguate her from Jessica too.
    That's way too convoluted for its own good. And I can't imagine they're going to go for "Dead Civilian Gwen, Alternate Universe Alive Spider-Gwen" for that Marvel line that's meant to compete with the DC Super Hero Girls line.

No, well obviously both Secret Warriors and the Spider-Man cartoon would have to have different explanations for the name. I was just thinking of the comics.

not sure why Secret Wars simply didn't open the doors for "the real Gwen" to come back and to be a scientist at a prominent government research agency.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    not sure why Secret Wars simply didn't open the doors for "the real Gwen" to come back and to be a scientist at a prominent government research agency.
    Why would Secret Wars have revived Gwen? (I presume you mean Hickman's mini and not the original 1980s Secret Wars.)

because all types of wild time-warp revival stuff happened. fictional worlds, fictional consequences. Bring her back. Stop tiptoeing around it.

I they are re-branding Gwen's Spider-Hero name, then I'm curious to see how well that works.

Especially since, as alluded too earlier, "Ghost Spider" just doesn't seem like the kind of name you expect to catch on.

Why would Secret Wars have revived Gwen? (I presume you mean Hickman's mini and not the original 1980s Secret Wars.)
    Because Alonso mentioned it in an interview about Secret Wars.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    because all types of wild time-warp revival stuff happened. fictional worlds, fictional consequences. Bring her back. Stop tiptoeing around it.
    Agreed. It could be easy too. Just say she survived Clone Conspiracy. Maybe the next ASM writer will be willing to do it.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    Because Alonso mentioned it in an interview about Secret Wars.
    *Shrug* They brought back Miles Morales' mother because Miles gave Molecule Man a burger. Alonso wasn't gonna spoil that.

Agreed. It could be easy too. Just say she survived Clone Conspiracy. Maybe the next ASM writer will be willing to do it.
    But that's a clone. That's not "original" Gwen. I mean that's what Ultimate Spider-Man did. But *shrug.*

But that's a clone. That's not "original" Gwen. I mean that's what Ultimate Spider-Man did. But *shrug.*
    Disagreed. Ben explained that she was indeed the original Gwen because he took her corpse and reanimated it with the cloning technology.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!