Page 79 of 124 FirstFirst ... 296975767778798081828389 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,185 of 1848

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    I'm with everyone in believing that they are gonna use this as an opportunity to relaunch her as Ghost Spider, and most likely make her more involved in 616, which I'm mixed in. I'm fine with more 616 interaction with her, as long as it doesn't completely negate her 65 home and those characters, that universe still has so much untapped potential.
    I think Gwen more firmly placed in 616 would definitely be a hard sell, because I think the Earth-65 feel and the versions of 616 characters in that universe was a big part of her appeal, and I'm not sure if they'd be able to capture that again if she moved universes.

It's not even like with Miles where he at least had a few unique supporting characters to his name before the jump happened.

But, that being said, I think it would be interesting to see other people from 616 who knew Gwen would react to Earth-65 Gwen. Like Mary Jane.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    But, that being said, I think it would be interesting to see other people from 616 who knew Gwen would react to Earth-65 Gwen. Like Mary Jane.
    I don 't think MJ would bat an eye really. Hell there was never any big reaction from Peter during Spider-Verse other than a moment where they reflected on losing their versions of Gwen and Peter (Peter could'nt even muster up much of a reaction to the fact his kids from another dimension were targets of the Inheritors)

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    I don 't think MJ would bat an eye really. Hell there was never any big reaction from Peter during Spider-Verse other than a moment where they reflected on losing their versions of Gwen and Peter (Peter could'nt even muster up much of a reaction to the fact his kids from another dimension were targets of the Inheritors)
    I would like to think Mary Jane seeing her best friend alive and around the age when she died would illicit some kind of reaction out of her, at least with better writing then Spider-Verse.

BANNED

I would like to think Mary Jane seeing her best friend alive and around the age when she died would illicit some kind of reaction out of her.
    It would'nt be the first time though, MJ's reacted to versions of Gwen turning up via the clones. She'd probably just think this was another one. The chance for a truly heart-felt reaction to Gwen is kind of lost...hell that's why I don't blame bad writing for Peter's "eh" reactions in Spider-Verse either...he's been overexposed to the doppelganger malarkey. Same applies to MJ.

I think Gwen more firmly placed in 616 would definitely be a hard sell, because I think the Earth-65 feel and the versions of 616 characters in that universe was a big part of her appeal, and I'm not sure if they'd be able to capture that again if she moved universes.

It's not even like with Miles where he at least had a few unique supporting characters to his name before the jump happened.

Yeah, that's why I think they won't completely move Gwen to 616 like Miles, because her universe and supporting cast are so integral to her comic popularity, not to mention I can't think of a way they could reasonably do that without causing some trouble, whether for her or others.

Instead she could actually use her inter-dimensional watch (which she barely uses and always forgets about for villains to steal!) and just travel back and forth. Like I always said, put her on a team with all the other 616 Spider characters. Let's her be the "Ghost Spider", get to hang around and interact with all the other characters in that universe, but she still lives in 65.

I'd also be interested in hearing more about the logistics behind Earth-8 being Earth-65's "Good Future", especially in regards to how Gwen and Miles' marriage actually worked considering them from two universes.

BANNED

SPIDER-GWEN #33
    JASON LATOUR (W)
    ROBBI RODRIGUEZ (A/C)
    THE LIFE OF GWEN STACY Part 4
    • The secret identity of Earth-65’s Spider-Woman stands revealed…
    • …and now her alter-ego, Gwen Stacy, must stand trial!
    32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99

That cover is another astonishing work of art from Robbi. The webs, blind justice, Gwen unmasked on the scales and the tipping balance point. It tells a whole story all by itself.
    Co-host of Ultimate Spin - the Spider-Fan podcast for Miles Morales and Spider-Gwen!
    And check out our in-depth podcast interviews with their creators!

It would'nt be the first time though, MJ's reacted to versions of Gwen turning up via the clones. She'd probably just think this was another one. The chance for a truly heart-felt reaction to Gwen is kind of lost...hell that's why I don't blame bad writing for Peter's "eh" reactions in Spider-Verse either...he's been overexposed to the doppelganger malarkey. Same applies to MJ.
    I don't think to the same extent as Peter, and since they usually focus on his reactions I think it would be interesting to see Mary Jane's reaction played up for once.

But that would probably require her to be relevant to the Spider-Books again.
    Yeah, that's why I think they won't completely move Gwen to 616 like Miles, because her universe and supporting cast are so integral to her comic popularity, not to mention I can't think of a way they could reasonably do that without causing some trouble, whether for her or others.

Instead she could actually use her inter-dimensional watch (which she barely uses and always forgets about for villains to steal!) and just travel back and forth. Like I always said, put her on a team with all the other 616 Spider characters. Let's her be the "Ghost Spider", get to hang around and interact with all the other characters in that universe, but she still lives in 65.
    I wonder if a 616 Spider-Team book would sell better then Web Warriors did (maybe if it has Peter in it?).
    Guess I wasn't far off with my guess of Gwen getting arrested by the end of her unmasking issue...

That is more of Slott writing Peter as being dispassionate though, considering a properly written Spidey is going to be angry when people he never met get hurt.

I'd also be interested in hearing more about the logistics behind Earth-8 being Earth-65's "Good Future", especially in regards to how Gwen and Miles' marriage actually worked considering them from two universes.
    Earth-8 is just a possible future of Earth 65, same way 616 has a million possible futures, makes me wonder what'd happen with Earth 65's watcher if it stopped being a "possible" future, maybe he'd retire? Lol

I wonder if a 616 Spider-Team book would sell better then Web Warriors did (maybe if it has Peter in it?).
    It'd definitely sell more with Peter on it, but I wouldn't be so sure about selling better than Web Warriors, since Web Warriors had popular Spiders like Noir, Mayday and Gwen, but then again, a Spider-Team-Up book being "grounded" would be more fitting for them, I do wonder though what they'd do with like, Cindy and Anya if they were in, what can they do that Peter can't besides Organic Webs? 'Cause that's the real problem with those two and them working alongside Spidey, specialy since Anya started different... I did mention a few weeks ago in another thread that each character could have their gimmicks, but still...

Casual Comics Reader/Fan Londo Bellian's Avatar
    Commuting betwen "Marvel Future Fight" and ZETSUBOU-SHITA!

I don't think to the same extent as Peter, and since they usually focus on his reactions I think it would be interesting to see Mary Jane's reaction played up for once.

But that would probably require her to be relevant to the Spider-Books again.

Guess I wasn't far off with my guess of Gwen getting arrested by the end of her unmasking issue...
    So ultimately "Spider-Gwen" evolves from being a marketing title to her actual hero name.
    Synergy with the recent "Spider-Man" animated series!
    Genkai nante nai (No limits), Zettai nante nai (No absolutes)

The Current Hill that I Risk Dying On: #KrakoaNEVERMYXMEN
    "I promise, I'll definitely save you. With my tenth and final life, I WILL PROTECT YOU, MUTANDOKA!" ~HoMoira Kinross Akemi

Quote Originally Posted by Londo Bellian View Post
    So ultimately "Spider-Gwen" evolves from being a marketing title to her actual hero name.
    Synergy with the recent "Spider-Man" animated series!
    That if they don't end up using that "Ghost-Spider" ****.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    It'd definitely sell more with Peter on it, but I wouldn't be so sure about selling better than Web Warriors, since Web Warriors had popular Spiders like Noir, Mayday and Gwen, but then again, a Spider-Team-Up book being "grounded" would be more fitting for them, I do wonder though what they'd do with like, Cindy and Anya if they were in, what can they do that Peter can't besides Organic Webs? 'Cause that's the real problem with those two and them working alongside Spidey, specialy since Anya started different... I did mention a few weeks ago in another thread that each character could have their gimmicks, but still...
    I don't know why they don't give Anya her carapace armour back.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

art by Kevin Wada

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Exactly. It could just be hibernating all this time, waiting for a sufficient threat to justify reasserting its existence. Oh, and bring back the bolas with the spider-shaped grapples. That would at least be unique compared to organic webbing or standard web-shooters.

Speaking of web-shooters, with Gwen publicly revealing her identity and going on trial, do you think Earth-65's Janet Van Dyne will finally make her appearance, since she was credited with making and giving Gwen her web-shooters?
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I barely know about Anya, but wasn't it stolen or destroyed or something like that? Then again, it's not like either of those things could really stop from it coming back, remember when it was said Superman's original powers wouldn't return back in Superman Blue era?

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Exactly. It could just be hibernating all this time, waiting for a sufficient threat to justify reasserting its existence.
    One would assume that the Inheritors would be enough of a threat, unless they were too strong and the armor decided to not bother .

Oh, and bring back the bolas with the spider-shaped grapples. That would at least be unique compared to organic webbing or standard web-shooters.
    And advantage do they offer that organic webs lack?

Speaking of web-shooters, with Gwen publicly revealing her identity and going on trial, do you think Earth-65's Janet Van Dyne will finally make her appearance, since she was credited with making and giving Gwen her web-shooters?
    I guess she could show up to defend Gwen since it looks like she's going on trial, but it could be somewhat odd considering she may not be close to Gwen to begin with since she didn't show up so far...