Page 83 of 124 FirstFirst ... 337379808182838485868793 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,245 of 1848

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    Yeah, I was wondering that too, especially the fact he namedrops Iron Man, Captain America, and Black Panther in particular. Which I'm cool with, I actually hope that becomes the go-to continuity for teenager Spidey stories, because I really liked that series and thought it was really underrated, so any excuse to extend it is good with me. Biggest difference I noticed really is that Harry's here now.
    And he looks straight out of the Marvel's Spider-Man cartoon .

Although I think Harry was in the first issue of Spidey, when they visited OsCorp.

I really enjoyed greatly the Gwen Stacy from the Spidey series. Brave, forward, different her own Gwen yet something also we as Gwen fans can latch on to from past version as well. With three different series artists each one had a different style and Gwen presented fashionable and style in different ways all while having the same personality written which was interesting in terms of style and visual perception appearance changes).
    This might be a different universe but it has the same vibe and characterizations presentation. High hopes for this Gwen and I like the art style alot that feels fitting.

Meanwhile in the latest Spider-Verse movie trailer a Gwen Stacy/Spider-Woman (aka Spider-Gwen) has made an appearance at the end. I don't know what age and differences this version of Spider-Gwen will be from the Earth-65 Spider-Gwen but she sounds more like an adult then a teen which is different from the past Gwen's voiced. I will have to hear more before I can further judge the voice acting or choices made for this actress selected to voice her.

Quote Originally Posted by AngelJD View Post
    I really enjoyed greatly the Gwen Stacy from the Spidey series. Brave, forward, different her own Gwen yet something also we as Gwen fans can latch on to from past version as well. With three different series artists each one had a different style and Gwen presented fashionable and style in different ways all while having the same personality written which was interesting in terms of style and visual perception appearance changes).
    This might be a different universe but it has the same vibe and characterizations presentation. High hopes for this Gwen and I like the art style alot that feels fitting.

Meanwhile in the latest Spider-Verse movie trailer a Gwen Stacy/Spider-Woman (aka Spider-Gwen) has made an appearance at the end. I don't know what age and differences this version of Spider-Gwen will be from the Earth-65 Spider-Gwen but she sounds more like an adult then a teen which is different from the past Gwen's voiced. I will have to hear more before I can further judge the voice acting or choices made for this actress selected to voice her.
    Into the Spider-Verse Gwen is voiced by singer and actress Hailee Steinfeld. She is 21, which is a little younger than Miles' voice actor (Shameik Moore is 23) and quite a bit younger than the movie's Peter Parker (Jake Johnson is 40), so I imagine Spider-Gwen's supposed to be a teenager or young adult.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hailee_Steinfeld

Well, she's 19 in the comics, so she's probably that age in that movie too.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    Into the Spider-Verse Gwen is voiced by singer and actress Hailee Steinfeld. She is 21, which is a little younger than Miles' voice actor (Shameik Moore is 23) and quite a bit younger than the movie's Peter Parker (Jake Johnson is 40), so I imagine Spider-Gwen's supposed to be a teenager or young adult.

That's good to know. I guess that possibly that her voice in this movie just sounds deeper than the past actresses voice over acting direction tone that had voiced various Gwens before. The lower tone of her voice made her feel older in tone vs a higher pitch of the past Gwens.

This is just speculation and I'm 99% sure is wrong but maybe when she is not wearing the mask but is Gwen Stacy she has a higher pitch but as Spider-Woman it's lower due to trying to 'mask' her voice when being Spider-Woman so the ones that know her will not be tipped off by her voice plus having a deeper tone usually is perceived as 'adult' and 'authoritative' by others that Gwen might want (and in Homecoming Peter tried to do but failed spectacularly and hilariously) .

But relistening it isn't that lower so possibly just me having to get used agian to another voice vs the ones of the past that I'm use to now.
    Last edited by AngelJD; 06-06-2018 at 09:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AngelJD View Post

Yeah, I loved the Gwen from Spidey for all the same reasons you did. And I especially loved the relationship that grew between her and Peter, which culminated in that really wonderful and sweet final issue at the dance.

Gwen being in Into The Spider-Verse makes me soooooooo happy! Excited to see how she fits into everything, and Hailee Steinfeld's a great actor and great choice to play her. Pretty much every voice Gwen has had have been very well chosen.

For those interested check out the latest chapter of my What If? Gwen Never Died story.

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1276833...wined-Destines

enjoy
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

BANNED

I love how you can juggle all these fanfics. I have such a hard time with motivation on my own these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    I love how you can juggle all these fanfics. I have such a hard time with motivation on my own these days.
    Believe me, I know that feeling. It is also hard for me to keep motivated at times. The worst part is the reviews or PM's that just say "worst story ever" or "you suck, die". I don't mind criticism but I hate troll feedback. So hang in there my friend.

PS I'd love to read your story and perhaps offer some feedback. Can you post a link here or else PM me?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Believe me, I know that feeling. It is also hard for me to keep motivated at times. The worst part is the reviews or PM's that just say "worst story ever" or "you suck, die". I don't mind criticism but I hate troll feedback. So hang in there my friend.
    If those reviews belong to guests, I think there's an option to delete those...but if they're proper members, not so much luck there.

I've been lucky to have very few troll reviews, other than someone asking if I could insert him into one of my stories, rofl

[PS I'd love to read your story and perhaps offer some feedback. Can you post a link here or else PM me?
    Sure, I'll do that. My Spidey fics are quite few in number, but I am working on a Gwen Stacy story...it's not a very upbeat one though, it sort of explores what would happen if Gwen survived the bridge but Peter learned of her evening with Osborn

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    ...Sure, I'll do that. My Spidey fics are quite few in number, but I am working on a Gwen Stacy story...it's not a very upbeat one though, it sort of explores what would happen if Gwen survived the bridge but Peter learned of her evening with Osborn
    Sounds interesting, by no means am I bothered by darker stories. That is the great thing about fanfiction an author can explore possibilities, including more serious themes, that might never be permissible for the actual writers to use due to restraints placed on the respective properties by the owner or owners (especially when big companies are involved).

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Sounds interesting, by no means am I bothered by darker stories. That is the great thing about fanfiction an author can explore possibilities, including more serious themes, that might never be permissible for the actual writers to use due to restraints placed on the respective properties by the owner or owners (especially when big companies are involved).
    That's true, it's sometimes easy to forget "Sins Past" is regarded as much of an "old shame" as OMD is with how little it or characters involved in are used or referenced (unless someone wants to use the Grey Goblin, he showed up in Spiral I recall)

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post

Into the Spider-Verse Gwen's confirmed to be just 15 from the movie's official website.

So they de-aged her then. Even the version in the Disney XD cartoon is older than that.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    So they de-aged her then. Even the version in the Disney XD cartoon is older than that.
    I dunno, I think Marvel's Spider-Man Gwen is probably only 15-16.