Page 84 of 124 FirstFirst ... 347480818283848586878894 ... LastLast
Results 1,246 to 1,260 of 1848

Reading it over and looking at the pictures a few things went into my mind.
    First off pictures wise many mentioned online about the ballet shoes Gwen is now wearing (though many also speculate all the Spiders wear ballet shoes as part of the outfit just tailor to look different from the norm) in this design but looking at Miles design version for the movie he seems to be wearing a red version of Earth-65 Gwen's footwear now on him.

The Gwen bio has me liking some things but still mostly worried for her. First off I find it interesting that they select the age 15 for her. Also words such as "Spunky' as part of her bio.

The few things that worries however:

First off I think a typo happened as she was labeled 'The Spunky, Free-spirit SPIDER-MAN"
    Spider-man?! I think this is either a mistake or they possibly want a shadow hanging over her. If that is the case it doesn't bond well or show much respect to her as a independent character and the is a huge danger sign as a fan.

Also 'natural leader' yet being 15 while also having a Mentor Peter as well? Also we don't know how 'she was pulled' but I would think trying to find a way home might be a big issue to show.

Lastly the way it's written has me confused. In her world is she the unknown vigilante Spider hero known as SPider-WOman or has her identity been revealed and she being called Spider-Gwen like the series and fan nickname? It's one thing as a fan nickname for us on the forums of comic readers. It's poor as a in-universe name and challenges Gwen being seen in the same light as Peter and Miles. All the reasons why Peter and Miles can't unmask is just brought up.
    If her identity was ousted by accident or her mask was ripped in the heat of battle or removed due to necessity which resulted in her getting ousted would be one thing and as fans we see the fall out of it all (and a lesson from Gwen to Miles why the mask is very important to protect). Maybe like in Spider-man 2 scene when Toby-Peter had his mask off and the people in the train saw a similar thing happened to gwen but now living in the age of phones having cameras somebody was live streaming everything happening and before the people on the train could tell the other to put the phone down the damage was done. I just having hopes to a good reason why her identity is known with gwen trying her best to preserve it. That she still wears the mask not only because it's apart of who she is but while in Milee's universe she doesn't know if she might get back home and: A. doesn't want a possible Gwen of Miles universe getting public heat or B. thinking long term of starting a new life in the universe unable to get back to her home universe and starting over with her secret Identity with the exception of getting Peter's and Miles trust by revealing her name under the mask in a sign of fairness and trust knowing who they are.

I was hoping they was going to present her as a developing Spider and still inexperienced. I wrote this before on the Movie's tread but I copy and posted it here since it has much to do with this Gwen version and my worries that that would connect with her.

"Most people here seem to be complaining about Gwen being here even though Earth-65 version that this Gwen will be based on has ties to 1610/616 Miles plus she made HER debut issue and series start thanks to 'Spider-Verse' event arc so it would be fitting and EXPECTED for her to show up here in a movie that has the name 'Spider-Verse'.

Other complaints I'm finding is 'Female A is here but I want Female C!' I want A,B, C, D....

One thing I will agree with and that her writer does but the other other writers don't is show her inexperienced or falling on her face like Peter and the rest of the Spider does.

Now we read many characters and I'm sure we all had characters we love but then another writer writes them and they are either 'great at everything' while in their series they mess up all the time and they know it or B they are 'disaster at everything' while in their series they do good and bad but push themselves and we see how they think.

Being a Spider-Gwen Earth-65 fan I feel more in character for her to be messing up/inexperienced just like Peter and Miles. She relies heavily on a mentor (her Dad and 616 Jessica Drew) and makes tons of mistakes and plays many things by ear. She often needs help many times to take down bad guys beyond her level or when she makes a mistake or for personal problems and rage/self disappointment that she has plenty off.

So as the person wrote seeing her being good at everything or praised all the time HURTS her as a character we can latch onto plus is inaccurate of the character in her own series. Like everybody she is a person and must be show making good and bad calls and falling on her face. Falling on her face is human and we latch more to that then gods."

I also wrote this responding to a youtube video I saw sent by a friend to me and I'll copy and post it here. The video person talked about not wanting Gwen as her 'only role was her death that fans know her for and is her only stick' plus how the video person wanted Miles to have a independent movie first before any Multiverse stuff and the video person didn't like having Multiverse tales.

"I agree that Miles would of been presented better to have his own character showcase and slice of life story first for non comic book readers to get to know this Spider-man/Miles character and his world/cast who isn't a Peter Parker version.
    This I feel will throw some people for a loop as people are use to routine things including how they believe characters and even Mutiverses 'has to be' and get uncomfortable when the set in/taught thinking in the expectations and routine gets challenged or a shake up to 'status quo'. This institutionalization and set expectations thinking hurts imagination and acceptance even if the character and story is very good due to discomfort by routine shake up that a Multiverse can provide.

But since that didn't happen we will have to hope the writers will craft a good character independent but also a good ensemble story (A multiverse different: Peter, Miles, and Gwen and who knows who else unless they want to leave it to just three Spider hero characters for a Trinity plus less juggling of screen time and representations/developments in this one movie.

I don't have a problem with Multiverse stuff.
    That also being said I began reading comics in late 2014. The concept of a 'Multiverse' doesn't confuse me. In fact people should have a understanding of a Multiverse if you watched the movies.
    For example we know of the Toby Spider-man
    We know of the Andrew Spider-man
    We know of MCU Spider-Man
    All are Spider-Man/Peter Parker. They are not the same person/character however. They live in different Multiverses that shape them. They are shaped by the writers and actors playing them giving different vibes and tales. That's how a Multiverse works that if movie watchers seen those movies then they should be open to the concept.

I read Spider-Gwen comic series. I got into comics in late 2014 and didn't know about 616 Gwen that much. Didn't have to know however to enjoy and follow her series and character. After learning about 616 Gwen I also discover the other Multiverse Gwens and vast majority are different alternates from each version. If well written then this Gwen fans don't need any knowledge of past Gwens as she is her own character and heavily depends on the writers themselves to craft and present to a person (Peter, Miles, Gwen) who never saw a Spider-man movie or have any knowledge whatsoever of any Multiverse version. Earth-65 Gwen (whom this Gwen is inspired by but won't be Earth-65 versions also) and 616 Gwen are two different characters.

If you don't want a Multiverse than Miles can't exist nor anything Bendus wrote of the Ultimate universe or this movie or MCU also. Plus Spider-Verse IS a Multiverse story involving the grand Multiverse in some form (or in this case maybe it will be best to just have a small slice of it with about 3 different Multiverse in the Grand Multiverse to be showcased) and Earth-65 Gwen Stacy/Spider-Woman had her debut in Edge of the Spider-Verse #2 so if figures she would show up in a 'Spider-Verse' inspired story. Plus Earth-65 Gwen has a connection to 1610/616 Miles so that also is a consideration the writers might of had when making their own Miles, Peter, and Gwen version for this movie.

The animations looks interesting and I hope the writers craft a great story. The stakes are riding high in this movie for both potential future Gwen and Miles Spider heroes versions (but not for Peter versions as he has had tons of movies and still will plus in viewership the movie industry have a much higher view count then the niche comics industry thus this will be for many viewers there first introduction to a Miles/Spider-man and Gwen/Spider-Woman version and first introductions sets the tone to how people 'see' others and hard to shake once set in)."

As I wrote above this charaetzation version of Miles and Gwen/Spider-Woman is SUPER important and has a huge stake for all versions afterwards. In the sliding scales of viewership Movies usually takes the top thus this film will be the standard for many first time introductions to these characters in some form and if Gwen is done well and beloved it will boost her and other versions of Spider-Womans/Spider-Gwens. But the info presented and shown thus far has me very worried thus far.

Quote Originally Posted by AngelJD View Post
    Lastly the way it's written has me confused. In her world is she the unknown vigilante Spider hero known as SPider-WOman or has her identity been revealed and she being called Spider-Gwen like the series and fan nickname? It's one thing as a fan nickname for us on the forums of comic readers. It's poor as a in-universe name and challenges Gwen being seen in the same light as Peter and Miles. All the reasons why Peter and Miles can't unmask is just brought up.
    If her identity was ousted by accident or her mask was ripped in the heat of battle or removed due to necessity which resulted in her getting ousted would be one thing and as fans we see the fall out of it all (and a lesson from Gwen to Miles why the mask is very important to protect).
    The Spider-Man cartoon had Gwen not bother with the mask and be called Spider-Gwen during the Spider-Island storyline. She was popular, prompting Miles to ask Peter why they bother with their masks. Could be going for something similar?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    The Spider-Man cartoon had Gwen not bother with the mask and be called Spider-Gwen during the Spider-Island storyline. She was popular, prompting Miles to ask Peter why they bother with their masks. Could be going for something similar?
    I remember disliking that choice they had that Gwen make. I recall how in a past episode Miles learn the consequences of releasing just a bit information about himself of his neighborhood caused a Spider-Slayer to cause chaos in his neighborhood when looking for him.

I felt it all would of been somewhat fine if on that Gwen's first superhero outings due to inexperience her mask was accidentally ripped off by the villain and tossed overboard. Gwen first didn't think much of it till seeing a incoming news copter and Spider-Man telling her to get out of view or else her cover will be blown and Gwen complies trying to keep a secret Identity (with mentions of the Miles past episode as a reason and understanding by her why a secret identity can be crucial for many reasons). However the villain attacks the copter and Gwen by instinct or making a choice of self sacrifice selects in saving the crashing news copter but now fully exposed. Then from there on afterward everything else happens in the show. From there seeing Gwen become a celebrity and a voice/ambassador for the other 'faceless' Spiders in the public but also all the pro AND cons that goes with it. The matters that people she knew now looks at her funny and that people like her own dad might be targets of villain activity that she played a role in in her superhero life. Showcase of long term consequences and results of a local teenager with a pubic superhero identity who still wants to be a hero but also still wants a 'normal' public school life and lifestyle which now has been shaken.

I guess I wouldn't be so against this if I didn't feel this was a double standard. For guys they can wear a mask but for gals some people might think in terms of: 'don't want to cover up that pretty face' thinking.
    I'm fine with her identity being out in public (many heroes don't have secret identities however many of those heroes does have superhero backup or work for a major agency in some form if a villian attacks or don't try to have connections) but it will require something important:
    'Show me why the character came to this important choice and the thinking!'

Again if in story it came out that not purposely from Gwen of her identity becoming public then that can be one thing and we see how that affects Gwen in all forms of her life both superhero and public indieties lifestyle. Pros and Cons.
    I just like to place Peter, Miles, and Gwen of all versions and feel if it won't fly for one character versions of male Spider-man Peter Parker or Miles then the writers MUST show exactly why it will for female Gwen particularly. What makes her different that she has to be the spider to oust herself or be ousted in story. Now if the writers does a fantastic job and able to tell fresh great stories that Gwen can bring that no other Spider hero versions can because of this and is engaging and we understnad the devopements, actions, coquesueses, postives and negitves and further influences then that will be great. But as a writer you must go above and beyond in storytelling and showcase how Gwen and the environment she is in and is affected by came to these BIG choices logically and everything it entails.

Otherwise I will look at this with 'they don't want to cover her pretty face and wanted a fan forum nickname to become her superhero name'.

Many times in the comic store as I browse I would hear people talking about characters they don't read. I've heard people talking about Earth-65 Gwen Stacy/Spider-Woman with "I can't believe they brought her back to life with Spider powers". To which NO THEY DIDN'T as they are thinking of 616 Gwen and not 65 Gwen who is her own character. I also hear "Spider-Gwen? So she wears a mask but used her own name? How is she suppose to hide her identity with that move?" To then I have to state that is just the series title and it came about on nicknamed by fan forums but in universe she has secret identity and is Spider-Woman of her world.

Now that isn't the case anymore. Earth-65 Gwen explained to the Mary Janes why she made her choice in the latest issue. I'm still confused a bit so I might have to reread that issue to see what she is thinking/what the writer wrote to the explanation. Some people speculate this won't go Gwen's way (in the info for future issues it mentions how well things went when the last time a Spider-hero released their identity to the public which of course is referencing Civil War Peter Parker's choice).

If it isn't a big deal then fans of Peter should not feel uncomfortable when he reveals his identity to the world as well and fans should be fine with that...right? One positive I again take from this is this gives her a separation from the other Spiders and thus also different takes and tales for her which might help her stand out amoung the pack

Maybe a reason is that she feels the mask makes people afraid and she doesn't want people to be afraid of the 'local neighborhood superhero' and show a face behind the mask. Maybe her father was a influenced being that cops like her own hero father don't wear masks which in turn has there actions out in the open to be judged. That her own good and bad actions she won't have a mask to protect her from her own doings if needed but in doing so people who don't trust others that wear a mask (like 616 Jamerson before he discovered when 616 Peter revealed himself) might feel comfortable about a person with a face. But still show the rocky road this all leads as a cost.

Maybe Gwen and Peter tell the pros and cons of the whole identity and love ones issues (protecting them but also lying to them) thanks to first hand experience and let Miles decide what's best for his personal 'Spider-Man'. Whatever or how it's presented I still want to hear the why and the results of it all with a logical thinking, character developments, and structures. That even if we would not make that choice we STILL see and understand exactly why this choice was made and don't find fault in after everything. To understand the characters actions by experience and mindsets.

Many writers have had characters do things fans wrote 'this character won't do this or this character won't do that' but when the time came and they went against how they are normally presented the fans didn't react badly but KNEW why the character went OOC due to the story and thus didn't go off the deep end in reactions.

This topic kind of reminds me of Batman trying to kill the Riddler after everything despite that legendary 'no kill rule' he has and know for all from King's storyline. Tom King who's The Visions series I adored and he is very good in showcase human and mental character development and pushing tales and this needs to be shown for such a choice by Gwen also in this big decision that can't be rushed over.

But seeing that this upcoming movie it's Sony's Miles tale as the primary and Peter and Gwen versions as secondaries with limited time movies have vs a TV series this will probably be rushed or not experienced which adding the rest of my worries has me terrified as agian this movie has huge stakes for Miles and Gwen. Them gaining fan love and strong responses plus movie earnings similar to Black Panther or bombing and destroying all versions of superheroes Miles and Gwen to ever exist agian is going to ride on this film. They MUST be done well. Not even just 'good' but great!

The writing and acting must be solid with great charaation and overall strong relatable characters in some form for both!

Quote Originally Posted by AngelJD View Post
    Many times in the comic store as I browse I would hear people talking about characters they don't read. I've heard people talking about Earth-65 Gwen Stacy/Spider-Woman with "I can't believe they brought her back to life with Spider powers". To which NO THEY DIDN'T as they are thinking of 616 Gwen and not 65 Gwen who is her own character. I also hear "Spider-Gwen? So she wears a mask but used her own name? How is she suppose to hide her identity with that move?" To then I have to state that is just the series title and it came about on nicknamed by fan forums but in universe she has secret identity and is Spider-Woman of her world.
    Those same people probably think Gwenpool is an AU Gwen Stacy too. Her origins also have to do with the fandom, as cosplayers loved a Gwen themed Deadpool variant cover enough that she got a series - similar to why Edge of Spider-Verse #2 ended up as the start of the Spider-Gwen series instead of a one-shot. But Gwen Poole is her own character. The reason Marvel adopted the Spider-Gwen name as the name of the comic was because the original name used on EOSV#2, Gwen Stacy: Spider-Woman, would've been confused with the Jessica Drew Spider-Woman series that had recently started running at the time. It's used on merchandise for that same reason, to avoid confusion with Jessica.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Those same people probably think Gwenpool is an AU Gwen Stacy too. Her origins also have to do with the fandom, as cosplayers loved a Gwen themed Deadpool variant cover enough that she got a series - similar to why Edge of Spider-Verse #2 ended up as the start of the Spider-Gwen series instead of a one-shot. But Gwen Poole is her own character. The reason Marvel adopted the Spider-Gwen name as the name of the comic was because the original name used on EOSV#2, Gwen Stacy: Spider-Woman, would've been confused with the Jessica Drew Spider-Woman series that had recently started running at the time. It's used on merchandise for that same reason, to avoid confusion with Jessica.
    You are right about the Gwen Poole scene. People always will make assumptions and judge with no context or research to what they are saying which for the one who do know better is aggravating to hear.

One could say Gwen Poole and and Gwen Stacy does have a 'spiritual link' in a way due to how Gwen Poole design and overall origins of creation came about in real life but overall they are not just two separate characters like 616 Gwen Stacy and 65 Gwen Stacy are but also separate spiritual tokens of two different characters that have alternites within the Multiverse.

Possibly if some sort of 'Gwen-Verse' happened a writer might give some confirmations or set some sort or knowledge to this. Where some Watcher wanted to gather up all Gwen Stacys of the Multiverse together for some unknown reason but unlike maybe those vampires this Watcher is a fanboy of various Multiverse Gwen Stacys but has the mindset seen by a few fans that 'all Gwens will/must die young as one notable version has to keep consistency' and he wants to gather the still living up and place them in a cryochamber or world where he will watch over them or a Osborn/Goblin wanting to relive 'the good old days' decides to go on a Multiverse 'road trip' and for sport kill all Gwens just for fun and nostalgia.

The antagonist or protagonists (like maybe that Gwen Stacy Doctor Strange design that was amoung the 20 variants of the June 2015 Gwen covers) using magic to find each version if hiding eventually he/she could come across 616 Gwen Poole and mention that while not a true alternate 'Gwen Stacy' of the Multiverse she still has some sort of spiritual link possibly close to a composite of 'Gwen Stacy' essence inside her linking to her thus making her count as amoung the alternatives but still also her own Mutiveres being and somebody who has a few Multiverse versions as well in existence separate. A.K.A. "You are not A majority token 'Gwen Stacy' of the Multiverse but there is still something inside you that links us."

I understand why the title was selected but in this case it reminds me of 'Doctor Who'. The character isn't called 'Doctor Who' and fans will slap their heads if you call the character that thinking that is his name. It's just 'The Doctor'. But since that is the series title many who don't know better make that mistake.

Same goes for Gwen Stacy/Spider-Woman as many who don't read her series but based on covers, fanarts, and false word of mouth from in store or even more reaching now Youtube videos by people who speak but don't know better and assumptions that for both Gwen Poole and Gwen Stacy is usually 95% inaccurate and far from the truth for both. I read both series and loves/loved them both as a story and independent characters and thus can't help but roll my eyes when people talk like they know better but clearly show that they never read a single issue and making assumptions teaching others false info that can be damaging. If the speakers did read 'one issue' which issue is needed to be stated as some issues are better 'starting points' then others plus some issues in the long term we know are not the best foot foward for the representation of a series/character and others are amoung the greats to be recommended.

There are characters whose books I have not read and in my mind assumptions will come up but I know from experience how wrong I could be and don't have the right to speak about due to lack of real knowledge. If I speak about a character I will say "haven't read her/his story yet" or I will say to another "have you/do you read this series...you do than I will like to ask some questions for clarity while aware of the fact that you will have your own person perspective might be different from another reader of this series as well." I would also ask fans about if I was going to pick up a book/tradebook which is a good 'starting point' to understand the character in her/his current form after character developments but still a good jumping on point. Sometime issue #1 isn't truly a good 'starting point' to recommend or just too far back financially to find and collect but issue #43 might be instead the recommended one.

But for the title I understand they wanted to avoid confusion between Spider-Woman Jessica Drew of 616 and Spider-Woman Gwen Stacy of 65 but in using the forum fan nickname as the series title it just empowered false assumptions as people will base on the cover title and even non readers fanarts and merchandise stating her superhero name is 'Spider-Gwen' just like the upcoming movie bio did misinforming or confusing matters of the truth. Making that her series title and STILL calling her that in information packets has lead to a confusion and misrepresentation/assumptions of a different matter for non readers which just sparks more inaccurate talks and for the fans that do read to be slapping their heads in annoyance.

This happening so much plus all those fanarts of her maskless I felt influenced the series now with the character now revealing herself in the series and being now nicknamed and Daily Bugle headlines being 'Spider-Gwen' (which Earth-65 Betty doesn't like and finds stupid). Many speculate/assume the consequences of all of this will result in Earth-65 Gwen going to live on 616 and have the name 'Ghost-Spider'. If that will happen I don't know. I have assumptions myself but can only write about them with the knowledge and warning that it's per speculations.

I hope for the best for this movie version to be better and smack my fear assumptions away. I will be so pleased to be wrong of my growing worries.

Just spotted this on Youtube.

Critical Research Failure on the thumbnail! Spider-Gwen hadn't even debuted yet in 2012, let alone appeared in a cartoon - it's actually from just last year. The video itself assigns that date to Ultimate's version - still wrong, as it's when that show started, not when she appeared.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 06-14-2018 at 05:11 AM.

BANNED

ASM 801 variant

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Critical Research Failure on the thumbnail! Spider-Gwen hadn't even debuted yet in 2012, let alone appeared in a cartoon - it's actually from just last year. The video itself assigns that date to Ultimate's version - still wrong, as it's when that show started, not when she appeared.
    Yeah, I hate videos like that. Technically, Ultimate Spider-Man's Spider-Gwen debuted in 2016, while Marvel's Spider-Man's Spider-Gwen was in either late 2017 or early 2018, depending on how you view it. That said, as long as we're talking Spider-Gwen, anybody got thoughts on issue 32, especially with the next issue this month being her trial in court? Mine are, in a nutshell, I liked Gwen finally turning the tables on Matt Murdock with some help from The Mary Janes (ironically, they're his favorite band), coming to grips with herself after meeting not-quite-616 Gwen, and even finding a semblance of balance with the Venom symbiote instead of letting her rage completely unbalance her.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Yeah, I hate videos like that. Technically, Ultimate Spider-Man's Spider-Gwen debuted in 2016, while Marvel's Spider-Man's Spider-Gwen was in either late 2017 or early 2018, depending on how you view it. That said, as long as we're talking Spider-Gwen, anybody got thoughts on issue 32, especially with the next issue this month being her trial in court? Mine are, in a nutshell, I liked Gwen finally turning the tables on Matt Murdock with some help from The Mary Janes (ironically, they're his favorite band), coming to grips with herself after meeting not-quite-616 Gwen, and even finding a semblance of balance with the Venom symbiote instead of letting her rage completely unbalance her.
    I find her series on my first read I'm left confused at some parts but then after a second read or the next issue things become clear. There is alot of decomposition in her series but still requires a read over to grasp some things (which I don't mind discovering things or even easter eggs when I re-watch a movie/show or read a book or comic).

The matters of Venom/Gwen partnership has me a bit confused in one aspect right now. I wonder after getting assistance from her friends the Mary Janes to take down Matt it seemed to sonic off her or did it shapeshift and transform on her into her original costume once more showing that she has gained full control and balance or at least better control then before over it and herself or a true partnership like 617 Gwen has?

Love that the friendship between the Mary Janes and Gwen has remained and I love seeing heart. A conflict with Uncle Ben still lingers and based on the cover the father is still in critical condition however the local community seems to be on his side (and that might help Gwen gain sympathy from some in the jury thus when Matt planned to attack the father so Gwen would lose the human jimmery cricket side he represented and build blind rage it might in the end help Gwen and her trial overall).

I was talking to a store worker who doesn't like when Spider-Man/Peter 616 is presented as just intimidating on some covers as he felt it doesn't fit him in the overall vibe as he is more than that. That he's a 'friendly' hero and should be presented as such.
    I can understand what he was sayin but that got me into thinking mostly on the fanarts and some variant covers that present Gwen as 'happy, in a sunny world, and swing smiling) while Peter 'brooding and dark guilt intimidating'. Thinking about the upcoming movie with a Miles, Peter, and Gwen. Which one is the more brooding and dark vibe spider?

To me the fanarts are WAY off (usually they like the design but never read her series) and it's Earth-65 Gwen who is the darkest of the spider's both world and personality while 616 Peter has his ups and downs but between the two Peter has more light hearted moments (Miles also has his ups lighthearted and downs grim).

Thinking about the last issue read about Peter and Gwen how they reacted to the danger for there hated villain was different. For all that Osborn done to him and he STILL jumped in front of a bullet for him. Gwen left Matt to be killed by the hand then protect him. Gwen doesn't follow the 'no kill rule' as she has tried to kill before and was enraged when she was stopped.

Of the three Spiders Gwen is the darker Spider hero. I could see her snapping Osborn neck in secret when Peter swang away after some big battle with him knowing Peter would disapprove but to 65 Gwen 616 Osborn had to be put down in both karma for 616 Gwen but also knowing after hearing about all that he did and could do to MJ and the rest. So everybody that has her swinging being a pretty face while Peter all terrifying and boarding has to recall Gwen punched her Peter (not knowing but still if it wasn't Peter she still would be killing somebody) to death while for Peter it was a total accident when trying to save her. One was offensive while the other tried to save. Gwen did make the right call in choosing to stop the robber saving her world's Uncle Ben thanks to a strong code placed in by her father but based on her rages and less forgiveness or patience that she reacts to she still has less boundaries in killing then Peter has.

Not a fan of inaccurate fanart (as some will base beliefs just by images vs reading the series and research) and WORSE if it's videos meant to be 'informative' with incorrect info.

Nice variant cover for ASM 801. What store variant or conditions for a shop to be selling that one?

Issue 33 preview:
    http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com...pider-gwen-33/
    spoilers:
    GUILTY. No idea how she'll get out of this mess.

Jen Walters was her defense attorney despite being a pro wrestler (who uses green paint, she doesn't have her 616 counterparts powers).
    end of spoilers

I guess you could say Gwen has come a long way since not being used in the 90's cartoon not using her because there was "only one story to tell" with her (and I'm probably paraphrasing that).
    Issue 33 preview:
    http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com...pider-gwen-33/
    spoilers:
    GUILTY. No idea how she'll get out of this mess.

Jen Walters was her defense attorney despite being a pro wrestler (who uses green paint, she doesn't have her 616 counterparts powers).
    end of spoilers
    Well, that was quick .

spoilers:
    It's kind of funny that green pain She-Hulk looks more like She-Hulk then the current version does .
    end of spoilers

Good God why? Ghost Spider is such a stupid name for her. It doesn’t even make sense as a name for her.

The name doesn't bug me, especially if it is an alias she uses when in the main Marvel Universe. I am happy to hear we'll be getting more information on the book very soon and I'm excited to find out who the new creative team is, that's what I'm most interested in!

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    The name doesn't bug me, especially if it is an alias she uses when in the main Marvel Universe. I am happy to hear we'll be getting more information on the book very soon and I'm excited to find out who the new creative team is, that's what I'm most interested in!
    It bugs me because it just doesn't really seem like that good of a name for Gwen.

She's not a ghost, she's not really prone to stealth, and "Ghost Spider" sounds like more of a villain name, honestly.