Page 85 of 124 FirstFirst ... 357581828384858687888995 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,275 of 1848

Meh, even as a Gwen fan my reaction is lukewarm for this announcement. Her last series really puttered out towards the end IMO.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Spectacular Member iPodwithnomusic's Avatar

I really didn't like the art in her last series so I never really got into it. If this has better art I will definitely check it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It bugs me because it just doesn't really seem like that good of a name for Gwen.

She's not a ghost, she's not really prone to stealth, and "Ghost Spider" sounds like more of a villain name, honestly.
    If she's in 616 now, it certainly does make sense. To people 616 Gwen knew, she absolutely would seem to be a ghost when out of costume! After all, she's supposed to be dead, and apparently hasn't aged either, because of course she's really a younger alternate universe counterpart. I can imagine one of the other spiders (most likely Silk or Jessica) calling her a ghost spider as a result, and it sticks.

Also, not prone to stealth? Aren't her powers symbiote based now? She ought to have gained all of Venom's powers. Which includes invisibility.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Ghost Spider makes more sense for Miles... At least he can turn invisible... ya know, like a ghost. So is Gwen going to be a part of 616 Marvel now? If so... I dunno how I feel about that. I liked her world and twisted versions of classic characters.

BANNED

Spider-Gwen#34 preview

https://www.cbr.com/spider-gwen-34/

Another time skip, as Gwen serves her full sentence and is released. Now she has to help her father on the road to recovery.

Astonishing Member

Name change is weak. Time skip in Spider-Gwen #34 is unexpected. Initial reaction, not keen.

She's no longer Spider-Woman, because the name the media gave her, Spider-Gwen, stuck. Just like in the real world! After all, when we talk about "Spider-Woman", we usually mean either Jessica or Julia. The Spider-Gwen comic got that name because everyone was already calling her that anyway, and now it's reflected in-universe.

I think this proves that Earth-65 is done. There'd be no need for the Ghost Spider name in a world where her identity is public knowledge and everyone calls her something else.

Also, if we just timeskipped another six months, Gwen is no longer a teenager. She'll have turned 20 in jail.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Spider-Gwen#34 preview

https://www.cbr.com/spider-gwen-34/

Another time skip, as Gwen serves her full sentence and is released. Now she has to help her father on the road to recovery.
    Well, I guess one thing that will now make Gwen unique among the other spiders and the other versions of Gwen Stacy is that she's served hard time (and now has a criminal record to boot).

Maybe she and Kaine can bond over that ?

Earth-65 Strange reminds me of Hassan Minaj and the Khalid Nassour Dr. Fate.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

When I think of "Ghost Spider," I think of the Ghost Rider/Spider-Man fusion that was introduced in the Identity Wars saga running between the Amazing Spider-Man, Incredible Hulks, and Deadpool Annuals from 2010. That aside, it does look like Gwen and her dad are going to have a lot of adjusting to do, and given what is apparently a one-year time-skip, it makes me very curious as to what happened to the rest of Gwen's supporting cast in that time. Did The Mary Janes continue on as a band, did they have to get a new drummer, or did they break up? Was Matt Murdock killed by the Hand, or did something even worse happen to him?
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Apparent first look at "Ghost Spider" in Marvel Rising:

Is this the first time we are seeing any footage or stills from Marvel Rising? At least from that image the visual style looks pretty decent.

I'm trying to think of all the heroes who has serve time (without skipping somehow or taking a deal like Gwen was offered the sentence). Luke Cage I think is one but who else can Gwen now join in a saying they served a full sentence in prison? The heroes with a bad publicity mostly avoid the cops to avoid jail. Gwen walked in and didn't take any shortcuts in serving. On Earth-65 there isn't as much Meda Human/super activity/dangers like 616 has daily so when Gwenn was serving her time Spider-Woman wasn't needed (though Gwen was requested by SHIELD/CAP) that SHIELD probably was handling. The Hand/Matt/S.I.L.K. and Multiverse was mostly the conflicts that Gwen handled.

I wonder since Gwen it seem will have a new home on 616 will her dad who is recovering join her or maybe Gwen leaves thinking in guilt how she brought pain to her dad (Spider's usually have a heavy self-guilt complex and Gwen is no exception). Maybe Gwen and her father wanting to avoid paparazzi and make a fresh start someplace new decide to 'move'.

It also seems like despite keeping good control over the symbite and herself while in jail Gwen possible seems to be having nightmares involving it. I wonder when she goes to 616 will her powers still be symbiote powers or will the symbite removed but side effect her normal powers returned as possible the symbite ate whatever Cindy did to her that blocked her powers much like the Carnage symbiote did with Norman. Marvel Rising animaties show I think is a different Earth then 616 but that Gwen could have either symbiote powers or regular Spider powers with maybe a special Gwen power like Miles has the Venom blast and such.

Gwen currently does has invisibility/camouflage abilities with indication being better than Miles using the symbite's shapeshifting and other abilities to aid her. She has used it one time thus far. If she uses this power for stealth and other ways then the 'ghost' part could fit a bit better (even though I'm not a fan of that new hero name for her but still indicating a secret identity once more by not calling her 'Spider-Gwen' like her own Earth-65 has labeled her now against her wishes)

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    Is this the first time we are seeing any footage or stills from Marvel Rising? At least from that image the visual style looks pretty decent.
    I'm pretty sure it is.

It's not much to go on without seeing it in-motion, but it does look a tad different from the Marvel Animation house-style, and an improvement from the animation in Marvel's Spider-Man.
    Quote Originally Posted by AngelJD View Post
    I'm trying to think of all the heroes who has serve time (without skipping somehow or taking a deal like Gwen was offered the sentence). Luke Cage I think is one but who else can Gwen now join in a saying they served a full sentence in prison? The heroes with a bad publicity mostly avoid the cops to avoid jail. Gwen walked in and didn't take any shortcuts in serving. On Earth-65 there isn't as much Meda Human/super activity/dangers like 616 has daily so when Gwenn was serving her time Spider-Woman wasn't needed (though Gwen was requested by SHIELD/CAP) that SHIELD probably was handling. The Hand/Matt/S.I.L.K. and Multiverse was mostly the conflicts that Gwen handled.
    Matt Murdock was in prison for a while, also after his identity had been outed in fact, but he wasn't actually convicted for what he was in there for and probably isn't running around with a criminal record because of it.

I guess there's also the villains turned heroes, like most of the Thunderbolts.

I don't know if Black Cat's ever served a complete sentence. She was broken out of prison once and broke out of prison another time.

Yeah, Abner Jenkins actually served time for murder, Hawkeye made him turn himself in when he became team leader. It was when he got out that he upgraded from Mach I to Mach II (he's now Mach X).

Incredible Member Unspeakable Evil's Avatar

Check out Gwen in the Marvel Rising trailer
    https://youtu.be/ZbhhBoFheaY
    First Spider-Gwen... Er Ghost Spider appearance to keep the band aspect.
    Speaking of which how do you market the Ghost Spider name while Into the Spider-verse has Spider-Gwen merch launching this fall?