Page 86 of 124 FirstFirst ... 367682838485868788899096 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,290 of 1848

I've had the opportunity to read issue 34 a little early and it's beautiful. Without spoiling anything, I'll say that it's a thoughtful statement on the ideas that have defined Gwen and her journey in this series, and that like every other issue, you'll have no idea where it's going but will be smiling when you get there.

Our final episodes of the Gwen podcast are recorded and will drop this coming Wednesday, in case you'd like to read along with us and reflect on the series as a whole: http://ultimatespinpodcast.com

Spider-Gwen is right up there for me with Fraction's Hawkeye as one of the best indie books I've read from Marvel - I hope the next series can keep that sense of risk and adventure to go outside the norm as much as possible.

As for Marvel Rising, it looked like fun and I was especially happy to see The Mary Janes featured as characters. Will check it out with my kids. :-)
    Co-host of Ultimate Spin - the Spider-Fan podcast for Miles Morales and Spider-Gwen!
    And check out our in-depth podcast interviews with their creators!

Quote Originally Posted by Unspeakable Evil View Post
    Check out Gwen in the Marvel Rising trailer
    https://youtu.be/ZbhhBoFheaY
    First Spider-Gwen... Er Ghost Spider appearance to keep the band aspect.
    Speaking of which how do you market the Ghost Spider name while Into the Spider-verse has Spider-Gwen merch launching this fall?
    Maybe Ghost Spider will only be her name in-universe, and her comic will still be called Spider-Gwen? If that's the case, the latter is what they'd market.

Don't forget merch for the Spider-Man cartoon also calls her Spider-Gwen - in fact in that, she isn't Ghost Spider or Spider-Woman, as she didn't bother keeping her identity secret.

Notable: either the film was renamed, or it's a series, as that trailer calls it Marvel Rising: Initiation, not Secret Warriors.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Incredible Member Unspeakable Evil's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Maybe Ghost Spider will only be her name in-universe, and her comic will still be called Spider-Gwen? If that's the case, the latter is what they'd market.

Don't forget merch for the Spider-Man cartoon also calls her Spider-Gwen - in fact in that, she isn't Ghost Spider or Spider-Woman, as she didn't bother keeping her identity secret.

Notable: either the film was renamed, or it's a series, as that trailer calls it Marvel Rising: Initiation, not Secret Warriors.
    I actually could see Marvel keeping Spider-Gwen mostly because I get the feeling Sony might make a Spider-Gwen film.

About the name: Initiation might just be the name of the first short.

Check out Gwen in the Marvel Rising trailer
    https://youtu.be/ZbhhBoFheaY
    First Spider-Gwen... Er Ghost Spider appearance to keep the band aspect.
    Speaking of which how do you market the Ghost Spider name while Into the Spider-verse has Spider-Gwen merch launching this fall?
    By virtue of the fact that they're acknowledging Gwen being a drummer and in a band, this is probably the most faithful adaption of Earth-65 Gwen we've gotten.
    Quote Originally Posted by Project37 View Post
    As for Marvel Rising, it looked like fun and I was especially happy to see The Mary Janes featured as characters. Will check it out with my kids. :-)
    I find it kind of hilarious that we have Mary Jane and Glory popping up here when we haven't really seen either in the actual Spider-Man cartoon .
    About the name: Initiation might just be the name of the first short.
    I think "Initiation" is what the shorts are collectively referred to as.

BANNED

Interview with Cameron

“I see Ghost-Spider as a strong, rough-and-tumble, feminine energy who can face any challenge and become whatever she needs to be to solve the issue in front of her,” Cameron tells EW of her character. “She’s definitely got a sense of humor, and a sass and a lightness to her, but she’s also got a lot of darkness to her, because of her secret that she keeps and her family issues. I think Ghost-Spider deals with a few more issues than her male counterparts, not unlike most young women who deal with some different issues than their male counterparts in normal, everyday life. Some of these might be being underestimated by foes, expectations of what a girl or woman should be, the pressures to shatter those expectations, or the social pressures of the male-dominant job title.”
    https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/07...f-spider-gwen/

Spider-Man, Spider-Man and Spider-Gwen to appear in an all-ages book at IDW!

https://www.newsarama.com/40850-marv...er-titles.html
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    A lot of what she's saying is on-point, though what does "feminine energy" mean? Like, does she project girl power or something?

I only found it noticeable since in most of what I've read of Earth-65 Gwen, she's never come across as particularly feminine (not that there's anything wrong with that).
    Spider-Man, Spider-Man and Spider-Gwen to appear in an all-ages book at IDW!

https://www.newsarama.com/40850-marv...er-titles.html
    Just throw in Anya and I would've thought this was a Marvel's Spider-Man comic.

Won't be surprised if it is, to be honest (don't forget Anya hasn't suited up yet, though we know she will be a few episodes from now). There'll be Avengers and Black Panther comics too, and I can see the Avengers one using the Avengers Secret Wars roster.

Spider-Gwen 34 (the finale!) is out and we have a special day-of-release episode going in-depth into the final chapter. A major tonal shift, yet (in my opinion) an absolutely perfect way to bring the story to a close.

We also have our 100th (and final) episode live as well - a brand-new exclusive conversation with Jason Latour looking back at the series and toward the future. He dropped some interesting hints about how the book came together (apparently it wasn't the original project they were going to do), the ideas for a series of other Earth-65 books, the Spider-Ben issue, and a tease for his next "cosmic" project at Marvel.

There's laughter, quantum physics, and corn dogs. Check out the issue and then please join us for one last Spin. Now live in your podcast feeds and at ultimatespinpodcast.com. Thanks for listening!
    Co-host of Ultimate Spin - the Spider-Fan podcast for Miles Morales and Spider-Gwen!
    And check out our in-depth podcast interviews with their creators!

BANNED

Jason Lator confirms Em Jay and Glory are in a relationship

https://twitter.com/jasonlatour/stat...F%3Fpage%3D722

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

I thought as much regarding MJ and Glory.

That was a really touching issue and probably the perfect way to end this story. I loved the statement it made on Gwen, and more particularly "Spider-Gwen", as a character, in probably one of the most meta issues in an already extremely meta series. Interactions and art were fantastic as usual, and even if the "Ghost-Spider" series most likely won't directly follow what this ending sets up, I still like that it shows she has found the best way to be a hero in her situation, and leaves it open for more heroics to come.

Really hope this isn't the last we see of Earth-65, what I would personally call the best alternate universe they have ever created.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    That was a really touching issue and probably the perfect way to end this story. I loved the statement it made on Gwen, and more particularly "Spider-Gwen", as a character, in probably one of the most meta issues in an already extremely meta series. Interactions and art were fantastic as usual, and even if the "Ghost-Spider" series most likely won't directly follow what this ending sets up, I still like that it shows she has found the best way to be a hero in her situation, and leaves it open for more heroics to come.

Really hope this isn't the last we see of Earth-65, what I would personally call the best alternate universe they have ever created.
    And I would disagree with that...there's the Ultimate Universe and MC2.

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post

Sounds like the Mary Janes will be responsible for the Ghost Spider name. That discussion they had about helping people like a friendly ghost was a clear hint at it. However, a new codename would be redundant on Earth-65, where like it or lump it, she's famous as Spider-Gwen (she didn't choose to stop being called Spider-Woman). If she's moving to 616, she'll probably bring the band and her father with her. It would be interesting to see the band meet their counterparts...

Presumably she no longer has a proper costume, it will have been confiscated by the authorities when she was arrested (that's why she bought that jacket), so hopefully Spidergeddon will explain how she reacquires it.

Presumably she no longer has a proper costume, it will have been confiscated by the authorities when she was arrested (that's why she bought that jacket), so hopefully Spidergeddon will explain how she reacquires it.
    The exact legalities of the comic book legal system is nebulous, and certainly Earth-65 potentially does not have the same exact rules and regulations as Earth-616, although I think it's standard operating procedure for someone released from prison to have the outfit they were arrested in returned to them, so I would think Gwen could get her costume back if she wanted it (if she doesn't already).

It's like how most Supervillains always manage to get their costumes and gear back. There was an issue of Uncanny Avengers that showed the Wrecker getting his crowbar back even though it's an extremely deadly weapon and part of the reason he's in prison in the first place.