Page 87 of 124 FirstFirst ... 377783848586878889909197 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,305 of 1848

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    And I would disagree with that...there's the Ultimate Universe and MC2.
    I would argue as a Universe itself, I think Earth-65 is much more interesting than the Ultimate Universe. Character and story wise, Ultimate would win by a long shot just by nature of it having so much and being so much more defined. Outside of Spider-Girl I haven't read any of the other MC2 stuff, and again outside of the character and story-work, Universe-wise I like Earth-65 a bit more.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Sounds like the Mary Janes will be responsible for the Ghost Spider name. That discussion they had about helping people like a friendly ghost was a clear hint at it. However, a new codename would be redundant on Earth-65, where like it or lump it, she's famous as Spider-Gwen (she didn't choose to stop being called Spider-Woman). If she's moving to 616, she'll probably bring the band and her father with her. It would be interesting to see the band meet their counterparts...

Presumably she no longer has a proper costume, it will have been confiscated by the authorities when she was arrested (that's why she bought that jacket), so hopefully Spidergeddon will explain how she reacquires it.
    I took that comment of Gwen fighting as a ghost as them jokingly referring to what she will end up being then as a direct tease, mainly cause I know Latour & Rodriguez have poked fun at it in the past. Plus, I'm glad they didn't officially make her that now, because it's so much more satisfying [spoil]seeing her end the series by saying "I am Spider-Gwen."

My prediction is that Gwen, the Mary Janes, and George will all still live in Earth-65, but Gwen decides to travel to Earth-616 so she can fight crime as the "Ghost-Spider". And yeah, she'll need her stuff back anyway, considering she also needs her dimensional travel watch back for Spidergeddon (she realllllllly needs to stop losing that).

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    I would argue as a Universe itself, I think Earth-65 is much more interesting than the Ultimate Universe. Character and story wise, Ultimate would win by a long shot just by nature of it having so much and being so much more defined. Outside of Spider-Girl I haven't read any of the other MC2 stuff, and again outside of the character and story-work, Universe-wise I like Earth-65 a bit more.
    I think Earth-65 out of any AU was definitely more out-there or...I guess creative when it came to their character revamps/changes.

I thought a lot of characters Earth-65 takes were interesting, if not ones I'd really care to see outside of said universe.

BANNED

Seanan McGuire and Rosi Kämpe are the creative team on Ghost Spider

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Oh, yeah? Well, then . . . I hope they do a good job.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Apparently the book is called Spider-Gwen A.K.A. Ghost Spider.
    https://www.newsarama.com/40968-spid...announced.html

And yeah, nothing to say about the creative team, good or bad - never heard of them.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Yeah, I can't recall seeing any of the creative teams' previous work either, I'll have to google them to see if I have or not so I'm in the same boat as you right now Dignified opinion wise.

The name reminds me of Sean McKeever.
    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Apparently the book is called Spider-Gwen A.K.A. Ghost Spider.
    https://www.newsarama.com/40968-spid...announced.html

And yeah, nothing to say about the creative team, good or bad - never heard of them.
    That title is a tad wordy .

Thank you Jason Latour, Robbi Rodriguez, Rico Renzi, and everybody that help make Earth-65 come to be and help bring Gwen Stacy and her adventures to life.

Welcome Seanan McGuire and Rosi Kämpe.

I just looked them up and what I had found has raised my hopes positivity. The writer has won many awards for: horror, thrillers, fantasy and sci fi. The artist has a art style that present strong characters very well and a good serious business vibe.

You think Spider-Gwen should get a separate thread? She's far from the same character as the original Gwen.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    You think Spider-Gwen should get a separate thread? She's far from the same character as the original Gwen.
    Due to the monthly book, so many of the posts here have been about Spider-Gwen, so it would seem weird to change this thread. However, if you want to do a thread for the original Gwen Stacy, highlighting what makes unique and special, go for it.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    Due to the monthly book, so many of the posts here have been about Spider-Gwen, so it would seem weird to change this thread. However, if you want to do a thread for the original Gwen Stacy, highlighting what makes unique and special, go for it.
    Well, I did create this thread and that's kind of what it was for. Before Spider-Gwen was a thing. Though I can understand if you feel that it would be inconvenient if the thread already has tons of Spider-Gwen content in it.

BANNED

Spider-Gwen is objectively a far more compelling character than the original Gwen anyway.

Spider-Gwen is objectively a far more compelling character than the original Gwen anyway.
    I object to that VERY strongly.

I agree with you, as is Emma's Gwen from the movies. But to each their own.
    Last edited by Celgress; 07-21-2018 at 05:41 PM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."