Page 92 of 124 FirstFirst ... 4282888990919293949596102 ... LastLast
Results 1,366 to 1,380 of 1848
    BANNED

You know some meta smartarse is going to pull a Donna Troy on Gwen one day

Pull a Donna? How exactly? I know Donna had her origin retconned a few times.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I've said it before, but Gwen Stacy has to be the most consistently revamped character in comics, if only because there was so little to work from in the comics that they can change her into whatever they want her to be .
    Yeah, honestly, her being made a brainbox in the cartoon and ASM movies, and her becoming a musician in Spider-Gwen and Marvel Rising, those are attempts to modernise her. She was just a blank slate Lost Lenore in 616.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Be interesting if they use Gwens nature as a variable character as a kind of meta thing. Like she represents an ever changing being on the web of life

Fantastic Member

I'm still waiting for the reveal that the Gwen variant covers are canon and that Gwen Stacy is the only one in the multiverse who can be anyone, whether it be Captain Gwenmerica, Gwenpool (she started off as a Gwen variant), the Incredible Gwulk, Gwoot, Gwen Fury, Dr. Gwenge the Sorceress Supreme, Gwenverine, G.W.E.N.D.O.K etc etc. A fanfic made fun of this:

https://archiveofourown.org/works/5493557

Read from bottom to top. The Gwenpocalypse is upon us.

Also, Spider-Gwen talks about it best:

Last edited by eratas123; 08-26-2018 at 08:05 PM.

I just want to give my own two cents about the whole matter of 'Gwen Stacy' of the Multiverse having the power of imagination and creativity for writers to use and explore.
    What other wrote might be correct or part of a matter that holds true for some people/writers and maybe not others/writers.

Consistency and routine.
    Gwens doesn't have these chains in terms of what creativity writers can freely do. If there are some right now it's going to be between 616's impactful death or 65's impactful superhero that stuck a nail in the chain for some people's vision for her and other versions now. Some writers and people who do know of the death also know of other versions and might just be sick of the whole death route for the sake of it (all because 616 died) many times to the point it's shown in some cases as a joke or annoyance (like the above picture has Gwen reaction not cold in fear or sad shock but rolling eyes look).

Many people unknowingly follow a routine and loyalty to certain things in their life.
    Such as wake up a certain time, drink coffee, do whatever...
    A wrench gets thrown in: Wakes up a certain time, out of coffee...now having a jarring feeling. When the routine and/or consistancy gets changed people can get frustrated and either adapt or they don't.

We are also loyal to something printed in us somehow during our lives. I feel characterization and story loyalty can have a strong grip on us. We might get imprinted by a characterization we know and printed on us thus we are 'loyal' to only that chararzation. We are programed or just happens to us into a institutionalization thinking. A storyline or characterization that might be often repeated in a series or other comics that we absorb it and think that MUST be the norm for all others. Institutionalization however can be a threat to imagination or the two can work together a little bit of influence what we know plus something new by writers.

Writers need imagination to craft stories and characters yet also life influences that motivates and helps spark imagination as well.

Now let's look into why Gwen doesn't have as much constacicty in charazation compared to other characters when used by writers when a new show, movie, or comic Earth Multiverse is shown to us. What is something that others had but Gwen didn't?

Answer: she wasn't used. For comic readers that read the comics 616 Gwen was in when she first appeared till her death THAT might be the vision of Gwen Stacy (personal perspectives however can make different takes of that same 616 Gwen still for those readers).

Alot time went she wasn't used due to well...DEATH.
    New readers that jumped aboard would not be influenced. They would of not have grown a emotional attachment and importantly a vision in their head. Plus many people are first introduced and in turn have a 'image' made thanks first by TV shows and movies. Not by comics where 616 Gwen lived in the past.

For the 90's the kids that read when Gwen was alive and affected by her death some began writing comics thus they recalled her.
    The clone saga happened. By this time Peter/MJ was the norm relationship so for some people thinking in terms of absolutes saw her as a conflict or maybe not but still the 616 Gwens that existed during the 90's went everywhere and while the message that 'clones are people' was given many saw them as expendable and the characters really didn't give a shot to treat as a person (which taught and influenced this mindset in some readers) lastly most disappeared or didn't stick around. If one version of a Gwen born by science stuck as part of the cast doing her own thing with the others for just over 10 years then when she died or just left people that became use to her and been insatuionzation of her being apart of the series would get jarred by that. But never sticking around, telling us not to care, and not even able to mourn the fallen with a visual body (as they go poff to dust vs lying dead in Peter's arms or bloody body in the streets) is a case of 'out of sight, out of mind'

But some might of had some fun and freedom to do so with Multiverse Gwens. Like the Age of Apocalypse Gwen that the writer released that history being altered new possibilities could happen. Gwen not only living but maybe the writer didn't care much for the character of 616 Gwen or saw something that could be been tapped but wasn't and thus that writer made Gwen with influences of want to add or want to avoid.

In the past 616 Gwen got a makeover and started to be just like party girl MJ as fans liked the party girl. We seen this before. Something is popular and other companies copy and paste or at least try to. Some do a good job and others don't. However I think the writers 90's and onwards released that was a mistake. That Gwen shouldn't be just like MJ but her own thing and form a truer trinity with Peter, MJ, and Gwen not just as the love interests/love triangle goes but as characters goes. In doing so Gwen could stand out more and in turn bring her own things to the table for writers.

So:
    Gwen was dead.
    Gwen wasn't used.
    New readers or people wasn't influenced with Gwen version one of 616. That means a writer that makes a new version of Gwen fitting for their Earth, cast makeup, and tales yet holding true to the web that links Peter, MJ, and Gwen together in some form will have something else going for them since 616 Gwen wasn't around to be a influencing factor:
    only 100 death threats from the people who might call themselves 'Gwen loyalists' vs the thousands by 'Peter or MJ loyalists' if a writer wanted to make a new version of some form (even if it's very small) for their Earth. Let's face it I'm sure writers didn't always get nice fanmail of what and whom they wrote for and Twitter wasn't made yet.

So backlash would be MUCH smaller if a writer wanted to use the powers of creativity and imagination for 'Gwen Stacy' of their worlds. Only connection involved concerned 'death' due to 616's biggest impact being that shocking moment. Some felt they HAD TO follow that norn having their Gwen's that the public might of been enjoying or loved die all because '616 version did so' and possible that backfired. Others was able to get around that but usually somebody close to Gwen being dead. Some writers just avoided it with a 'not going to do that' or 'no plans to do that' despite some people thinking that 'HAD TO BE' if they knew about and influenced by the 616 version.

The animated Spectacular Spider-Man Gwen Stacy version some people feared that animated Gwen might die knowing about 616 death but the writers said "Nope. We are not going to kill our Gwen. No plans to do so.' That answer made some people happy (they loved the show and that Gwen and for many that Gwen Stacy was their first like she was mine) and other 'purests' upset as the 'natural order of things was shaken up'.

Well not in the current generation the time difference of 616 Gwen that has not been used has grown larger but let's look at the writers of today and the Gwen's that might had more infuscing factors. The 90's Gwens, Spectacular Spider-man Gwen, Emma Stone Gwen, Ultimate Gwen Stacy, and possibly a few others.

We seen other's have Spider-powers from What Ifs and other Multiverse Tales and thus matter of time for a Gwen one.
    Dan was influenced by 616 Gwen based on the vision in his head for the Spider powered Gwen. However Jason Latour the writer for Edge of the Spider-Verse #2 and Spider-Gwen WAS NOT. https://www.cbr.com/slott-details-th...d-spider-punk/

Jason has admitted that he never read the comics that had 616 Gwen outside of knowing a few things/details about her and her father. He didn't have a established and set image in his head. Instead he might of been influenced to work with what he did know and 616 Gwen's connections but form his own Gwen Stacy mostly. He never read 616 Gwen.

Robbi Rodriguez also didn't go instantly to that icon outfit 616 Gwen wore when she died when making Earth-65 Gwen Stacy's Spider-Woman costume. Now Earth-65 DOES have a green jacket and headband that many vision Gwen but fitting for her world her green punk jacket is different from what Earth-65 Gwen called a 'groovy feeling' jacket 616 wore (fashion change and showcase of the times sense). Robbi made for Earth-65 Gwen her own look and style and it was a HIT!

By not being limited in vision a new Gwen raised to new heights. If every writer just made the same Gwen as 616 dispute that the Multiverse can and does allow freedom for creativity for writers due to the fact it's a ever growing MULTIVERSE where anything can be possible then 'Gwen' would still be Falling vs Rising.

Thus even those covers for Gwen and MJ can be EASILY Canon with each existing somewhere is the super vast Multiverse with only a window in time open to us from a variant. Our imagination or another writer's imagination if allow to be unshackled then possibly can be explored and we might love what we get. Something new and something old influences.

For me that matter that 'Gwen Stacy' is versatile and every new version presented to us could be anything just makes 'Gwen Stacy' one of the most fascinating characters to watch for. The unexpected to be brought forth and hopefully we enjoy the journey and character presented to us. While there are images/impressions in my head and imagination for what i hope for future made Gwens or even Gwen Stacys in my own head conjured up for a new Earth version/fan fiction idea I still love the endless possibles that all comes from the free to be sparks of imagination. I love it and the Gwen Stacys for that.

“Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand.”

― Albert Einstein

Fantastic Member

I think this picture does a good job illustrating how 616 Gwen relates to Spider-Gwen:

You can see superficial resemblances - green clothes, blond hair, headband - and they have the same face, but even at a glance you can tell these are meant to be two different characters. While I love Spider-Gwen's comic and like her as a character, I do find it weird since a lot of Spider-Gwen's appeal for fans, aside from her costume, is that she's the woman known for being chucked off a bridge and now she's a badass superhero...but she's so different from 'Gwen Stacy' as we know her that she might as well be a different character and this appeal doesn't make much sense. It's not like with Jason Todd as Red Hood where the dead character becomes someone new. Jason we know why he turns from a sweet goofball with a darkside to a vicious anti-hero. Spider-Gwen is literally a different character with Gwen Stacy's name slapped on top of her.

Which I don't mind, but I find calling her Spider-Gwen to not really be true in the sense that she's her own character, not Gwen Stacy, at least as most fans know her. Calling her Spider-MJ or Spider-Norah would've been more accurate since she shares more with their characters. 616 Gwen herself points this out in Clone Conspiracy and 616 Captain Stacy caught on just by looking at her:

Quote Originally Posted by eratas123 View Post
    I think this picture does a good job illustrating how 616 Gwen relates to Spider-Gwen:

You can see superficial resemblances - green clothes, blond hair, headband - and they have the same face, but even at a glance you can tell these are meant to be two different characters. While I love Spider-Gwen's comic and like her as a character, I do find it weird since a lot of Spider-Gwen's appeal for fans, aside from her costume, is that she's the woman known for being chucked off a bridge and now she's a badass superhero...but she's so different from 'Gwen Stacy' as we know her that she might as well be a different character and this appeal doesn't make much sense. It's not like with Jason Todd as Red Hood where the dead character becomes someone new. Jason we know why he turns from a sweet goofball with a darkside to a vicious anti-hero. Spider-Gwen is literally a different character with Gwen Stacy's name slapped on top of her.

Which I don't mind, but I find calling her Spider-Gwen to not really be true in the sense that she's her own character, not Gwen Stacy, at least as most fans know her. Calling her Spider-MJ or Spider-Norah would've been more accurate since she shares more with their characters. 616 Gwen herself points this out in Clone Conspiracy and 616 Captain Stacy caught on just by looking at her:

How would you define "the Gwen Stacy as we know her"?

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Red Falcon View Post
    How would you define "the Gwen Stacy as we know her"?
    Depends. Most viewers probably know her best from her appearances in the Spectacular Spider-Man cartoon and Emma Stone's portrayal in the ASM movies. Thing is, in those appearances she portrays not only massively different characterizations, but also characterizations that belong to other characters - in the former she's a shy, sweet glasses wearing girl who's Debra Whitman in all but name. In the latter she's essentially a blonde and science-y MJ, something one of the comic writers even pointed out. So her two most well-known portrayals have nothing to do with how she's introduced in 616, that being a rich girl who was the exotic flower for Peter who had her own flaws, notably her hatred for Spider-Man

More recent comics have gotten in on this. Look at how she's portrayed in Spidey: School's Out -

Is that supposed to be Gwen or Mary Jane? Cause she looks, acts and dresses more like how I expect Mary Jane to be. At best I can maybe assume they're making a new template for Gwen: her most recent appearances - Marvel Rising, Spider-Gwen, Spidey Comic, Into the Spider-Verse - have a definite tomboy/punk musician slant. If so then that's totally cool, since it at least gives a basis on what Gwen Stacy's supposed to be in relation to her social circle.

The reason I love Spider-Gwen so much is that it took the simple concept of "What is Gwen Stacy was Spider-Man" and used the fact that Gwen Stacy herself was already kind of a blank state to create their own completely well-defined character, while also commenting on the whole nature of WHO "Gwen Stacy" is and where her place in the universe is.

And I think that's why most people don't mind Gwen being changed so much in every other medium. Spectacular and Amazing's Gwen's may not be like classic Gwen, but Lacey Chabert and Emma Stone's performances, as well as the characterization and chemistry between all the characters are the reason why we still love them.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    The reason I love Spider-Gwen so much is that it took the simple concept of "What is Gwen Stacy was Spider-Man" and used the fact that Gwen Stacy herself was already kind of a blank state to create their own completely well-defined character, while also commenting on the whole nature of WHO "Gwen Stacy" is and where her place in the universe is.

And I think that's why most people don't mind Gwen being changed so much in every other medium. Spectacular and Amazing's Gwen's may not be like classic Gwen, but Lacey Chabert and Emma Stone's performances, as well as the characterization and chemistry between all the characters are the reason why we still love them.
    Yes, but it does make me wonder if Spider-Gwen would've been so successful if she didn't have nostalgia factor going for her. Imagine if she was just a new blonde female Spidey with no prior connection to Gwen Stacy, would she still be as popular as she is now? I have my doubts. I like Spectacular and ASM Gwen, but like I said she comes across like Debra Whitman and blonde MJ.

Depends. Most viewers probably know her best from her appearances in the Spectacular Spider-Man cartoon and Emma Stone's portrayal in the ASM movies. Thing is, in those appearances she portrays not only massively different characterizations, but also characterizations that belong to other characters - in the former she's a shy, sweet glasses wearing girl who's Debra Whitman in all but name. In the latter she's essentially a blonde and science-y MJ, something one of the comic writers even pointed out. So her two most well-known portrayals have nothing to do with how she's introduced in 616, that being a rich girl who was the exotic flower for Peter who had her own flaws, notably her hatred for Spider-Man

More recent comics have gotten in on this. Look at how she's portrayed in Spidey: School's Out -

Is that supposed to be Gwen or Mary Jane? Cause she looks, acts and dresses more like how I expect Mary Jane to be. At best I can maybe assume they're making a new template for Gwen: her most recent appearances - Marvel Rising, Spider-Gwen, Spidey Comic, Into the Spider-Verse - have a definite tomboy/punk musician slant. If so then that's totally cool, since it at least gives a basis on what Gwen Stacy's supposed to be in relation to her social circle.
    It's interesting you use this Gwen from School's out

She to me 'looks' like 'Gwen' not as much a MJ version.

'Acts' I might grant that various Gwen are presented as just as smart as many Peter in many forms of science or such (616, Emma Stone version, Spectacular Spider-man, 617, and a few others) but with other Gwens that doesn't hold true. This one probably has been made with the influenced with the personality of Ultimate/1610 Gwen and possibly the other non science direction Gwens. However 'acts like MJ' is a stretch as well as basically that's every female Peter knows that is close to and supports him might then be compared to 'MJ'. I guess we need to see talents that is different from different MJs to stand out. However in turn so does 'MJ'.
    A person enters a room with other woman characters from Marvel and each are covered in a sack that you visually can't tell who could be under it. the reader must be able to read some quotes that she never said before yet the reader would know MJ's character would say that to point her out .
    Maybe like on one world we see a Gwen the 'science Goth detective' and MJ the 'adventure getter Hippie' for one world such the two are separate yet the adventure they could have together and chemistry could be fun to read?

'Dresses' doesn't remind me of MJ. The above Gwen version and fashion/art style the artist gave and drawn reminds me more of 1610 Gwen Stacy actually. If we look at the last issue that came out we see a black and white striped outfit which I saw one time on a Ultimate Spider-man (during Miles time) cover. Various Gwen Stacys I feel caughted a better punk/goth look then other versions of MJ did.

But I also want to show something that this image also reminded me.

Now above Gwen shown came from 'Spidey: School's Out'. The squeal to 'Spidey'. I really liked that Gwen Stacy presented.
    The writer made a change that she wasn't go with math I think but a pro at History which Peter was suffering a bit to keep up as it was his weakest subject yet would of been fine but being Spider-man took time away that he could of used to study. His friend Gwen was his tutor while Peter tutored Gwen and Flash in Math. She also had a personality that reminded me of both Ultimite and Earth-65 as her intro characterization establishing shot was her punching Flash to the ground for bullying Peter scene and her standing tall.

Now keep in mind this is all the same writer and same Gwen version for Spidey series.
    The Spidey series might of had one writer BUT different main artists worked on that series. Here is three images from three artists that presented the VERY SAME Gwen. Tell me if visually the story she tells from art style to fashion style that comes off:

Nick Bradshaw
    Attachment 69933

Andre Lima Araujo

Nathan Stockman

(This scene basically showing Gwen doing what her father did on 616 but living. Possibly showing her courage comes from her father's side or a nice and morbid shout out?)

and Todd Nauck is the artist for Spidey: School's Out

The Bradshaw image attachment:

Another concept art by Bradshaw above

After posting the above pictures and with so many people writing about Gwen and the variations plus my love for the matters that i love seeing creativity thus one of the reasons I'm a fan of Multiverse Gwen Stacy has inspired another idea in me involving another Earth Gwen and cast yet seen:

Inspirations for this 'Gwen' I'm about to post my idea for coming from mostly 616 and 1610 version but also Earth-65 symbitie powers at the end and many 'Gwenoms' I've seen of fan made Gwens plus how she undergoes changes per Earth and artist style.

MJ and Peter now each other because they are neighbors and friends since childhood (similar to different versions of Gwen and MJ links to Peter in Multiple Worlds The Gwen coming to my mind meets Peter) Gwen enters the scene and into Gwen and Peter's life during their first years in high school with Gwen much like the 616 and the "Spider-Man loves Mary Jane" series versions. Like "Spider-Man loves Mary Jane" Earth version Gwen was suppose to be shown around the school and local areas as a new student and New Yorker by Peter. However because he was missing (Spider-man activities) that role fell to the 2nd person who volunteered: MJ. Gwen and MJ would get to know each other before Gwen and Peter would meet.

Peter being a genius would have special advance classes and following 616 Gwen this Gwen was also in the advance classes as she was a master in science (focus in genetics) but MJ did her own thing also. Now I know many don't like the MJ reporter thing but I'm going to use that influence as well. Making MJ the go getter that rushes to danger (in 616 she went to a Rhino attack because she thought it was 'cool' but in this version it's her 'doing her above and beyond job/duty'). MJ and Gwen would work together and be friends based on how they relied on each other when Peter was missing. MJ might find something and Gwen using her father's taught detective skills (influence 617 Gwen) as well as her knowledge of science to help figured out some info that Spider-man was to busy fighting to find the answer.

Now High School can be a trick time for a person's life. It a time that merges childhood and also the rise of duty and responsibility but most of of when a person tries to 'find and shape themselves'. Design wise I would have Mj the reporter already knowing what she wants to be and runs for it and a fashion style that matches. Peter is the science geek (plus superhero) but Gwen fashion wise is very basic looking. Reason why and influence is that she's trying to 'find herself' at this time thus looks like a 'black canvas' fashions style. Innocent purty but ready and willing to be molded. However while Gwen's dad is the Captain he doesn't get enough money that would allow Gwen to experiment in various fashions.

Gwen father dies from a 'random' Goblin attack on NYC and unlike 616 Gwen and MJ knows that it had to do with something involving Oscorp once Gwen uses her own detective skills to find a clue left by her father. Finding out it had something to do involving Oscorp and partcullery a scientist named Miles Warren and the CEO Norman Osborn Gwen using her science skills and knowledge of genetics and being taught how to 'woo' a person by MJ gets the internship position that was setup and gets herself in good graces with Warren.

Warren wanting somebody smart to brag to yet seeing 'a kid' nobody would believe if she told anybody reveles that Norman had placed him on a underground project to take a sample from a alien lifeform that they called a 'symboitie' and study and bioengineer more.
    Gwen at night contacts MJ to tell her the news and her discovery. She informs MJ that she going back to sneak in to the hidden lab with a thumbdrive hoping to copy some data for additional proof that gwen and Mj might be able to use against Osborn. MJ tells her to wait for her but Gwen hangs up before MJ could say anything to stop her. Gwen was scared but determined to ensure her father's killers didn't go unpunished. Successfully in Gwen accesses a computer system near the symobite chamber to find the mad science and DNA of the symobite Warren was altering. In his ego driven mad science Gwen found errors, additions, and bio deformation he made. The symbiote sample was non sentient yet reacted strongly from the alterations Warren was doing to it but slowly decaying. To Gwen it looked like Warren was doing things beyond his understanding. Something grabbed Gwen's eye and focus looking over the gentitics when suddenly she was struck from behind.
    Norman Osborn discover how the ego driven 'Jackel' blabbed and he wanted 'loose ends' to be terminated. Now the symobite project wasn't going well and Norman planned on terminating the project (and 'the Jackal' as well later on). When seeing if it could be feed some small animals was tossed in to provide possible nourishment. Mostly Spiders by the strange request of Norman. But it seemed like that did nothing but kill the spiders from the looks of things.

Norman wanting to kill Gwen tossed her inside as she was waking up and suddernly Gwen found herself being entangled by the symbite. Overwhelming her her eyes got covered but her ears were still open. She heard a voice of the Goblin laugh and state now he was going to kill off the pesky reporter wannba MJ. Gwen heard a sound of somebody breaking in and the Goblin crying out in anger 'Spider-man!" She could hear Spider-man's crying out her name in fear and a battle beginning. Gwen knew Spider-man would try to save her. But Gwen knew the odds were not good. The lab was filled with expositions and Spider-man dragged away from her during the battle.
    Soon she was completely covered and engulfed in the darkness before the flames could hit her body. She felt felt a strange sensation happening to her and the symbiote.

Spider-man believed Gwen was dead either by the symbiote project Oscorp was doing or by the exposans the Goblin setoff to destroy all evidence. MJ seeing the explosion as she was running down to Oscorp saw the 'friendly neighborhood' Spider-man ready to kill the Goblin if he could. Hearing him shoot how the Goblin killed Gwen shocked MJ to the core and made her fall to her knees.
    Spider-man enraged wasn't thinking clearly and the Gobin used that to his advantage to get a hit on him. Seeing MJ distraught in shock over the news of her dead friend the Gobin went after her ready to skew her. Spider-man fired one of his webs to stop him...to find he ran empty firing them wildly before.

The Gobin was inches away and MJ seeing the blades coming close to her face let out a scream. Then suddenly from the burning ground something popped out and fired a strong web grabbing the gilder from hurting MJ. (Influenced Ultimate Gwen/Carnage and the many 'Gwenon' images and statements I've heard for a while)

The altered dying symobite didn't eat/kill Gwen Stacy. It bonded and fused to her. Gwen was like Spider-man now a hybrid species but instead of mostly part spider it was mostly alien symbiote that was messed with. All due thanks to the mad science of Norman and the Jackal and the valuables of the symbiotes sample past that Norman and the Jackal never looked into such as past hosts it had and alterations. Gwen was not just comparable and wearing it. She was now a living human/symbite herself.

Such things might of put Gwen into a panic and confusion...if the first thing she didn't hear was MJ's scream (which was rare to hear from her indicating something truly BAD wa about to happen or happening to MJ). Knee jerking into action and subconsciousness taking hold she fired a web that she had seen Spider-man do and subconsciously she somehow knew to do stopping the Goblin.
    Gwen lunged at the Gobin but he was just as quick to dodge and slicing off the 'web line' got into his glider and got out of there. Gwen instinctively would of chased after him but then found herself falling with a sudden loss of energy due to her final stages of 'restructuring' hitting her now.

Spider-man seeing a symbiote close to MJ first was going to go on the attack in protection mode but seeing the symbite fall to the ground and the goblin getting away he decided to go after the Gobin as the cops was coming and they would store the symbite in a tube like they did previously before a few times to other symbiotes on Earth.

MJ cried out to Gwen knowing it had to be her (or at least she hoped that gwen saved her) which Gwen hearing her name shapeshifted to a form MJ recognized being Gwen Stacy her friend. Gwen feeling very tired and focus back to the present panicked and didn't understand what was happening to her but lack energy at the time to do anything very rash had her lying on the ground. The cops was coming and MJ knew she had to get Gwen away or odds was she might become Shield's latest prisoner and test subject in a tube. Taking Gwen's body MJ ran from the scene with the blazing fire being the focal point for the cop cars that was just entering the area.

The Gobin got away much to Spider-man's fury. Peter also look pretty mad for a few days...till seeing Gwen Stacy in class wearing a fancy dress she always wanted to try. Peter told Gwen that 'Spider-man' broke the news to him "as he was his 'personal photographer' thus 'close'" about Gwen's death but Gwen told him in hopes he wasn't going to worry that the symbiote Spider-man saw engulfing her was blasted off her in time by the many explosions happening and shielded her from harm. Then the sybite just ran off and she did the same away from danger and hid in case the 'Gobin' was looking for her for awhile. Peter brought it and looked relieved. Peter then commented about the dress which Gwen replied she wanted to experiment and now she was capable to do so and 'find herself' with MJ's assistance. Peter just figured she saved up some money and went shopping with Mj as they have window shopped before together.

What Gwen told Peter was a lie just so Peter didn't worry about her. But Gwen and MJ knew the truth and for a few days was seeing what she was capable now of while trying to study her own new genetics. Learning to shapeshift her body and coloring she began to use that for simple things like new fashions. Plus something else.
    It was also noted that night Spider-man began joking and quipping once more. This was a relief to the Sinister Six whom grew fearful of the recent silent 'darker' Spider-man as of late. But Spider-man few a few nights now extended himself in his mad quest to find the Goblin wore himself do and with anger no longer a fuel he wasn't at his tip top shape. Fortunately it was also the mysterious debut of a new hero on the Earth assisting Spider-man. From the shadows came Spider-Woman.

Every issue afterwards that we see this Gwen she would have a new fashion style that she was trying out and was eager to experiment with. With each new fashion a 'new you' as MJ put it. She would become the 'black canvas' to a different style 'work of art' per issue.

Yes, but it does make me wonder if Spider-Gwen would've been so successful if she didn't have nostalgia factor going for her. Imagine if she was just a new blonde female Spidey with no prior connection to Gwen Stacy, would she still be as popular as she is now? I have my doubts. I like Spectacular and ASM Gwen, but like I said she comes across like Debra Whitman and blonde MJ.
    But to be fair, that's the point of her whole creation. The switcheroo of her being the one who got bit and Peter being the one who died. It's not like they just made a new female Spider character and chose to name her Gwen Stacy, the choice was deliberate and the reason she got so famous is because of the clever concept, but also cause of the excellent costume design.

And what made the book so ingenious to me is they decided to play into this notion of the same character from different multiverses acting differently. In which no matter how much Spider-Gwen grows into her own character with her own relationships and differences, she's still "Gwen Stacy" and the multiverse (most particularly 616) has a definition of what "Gwen Stacy" means, and I like that the book ultimately goes, sometimes a character shouldn't be tied to the fate of her equivalent, she can grow into her own being.

Fantastic Member

Not sure if this is the right place, but I made a couple of fanfics with Spider-Gwen as a main character.

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1216266...-Looking-Glass

The first one is a crossover with Spider-Man Noir being trapped in Earth-65. The main focus is the relationship between the two leads with Gwen being an Ideal Hero thou shalt not kill comic hero while Noir is an Anti-Hero killer from a darker genre. Things get doubly complicated when Gwen sees who's under the mask since this version never went through Spider-Verse and Web Warriors, meaning she's much more likely to believe that Noir is her Peter going through a Red Hood phase after resurrecting. Their conflicts and tentative partnership take up the main bulk of the story.

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1295915...iders-on-a-Web

Second one's lighter and crosses MCU Spider-Man and Spider-Gwen. This one was more a request since someone was clamoring for an MCU/Spider-Gwen romance and I wanted to try writing a non anti-hero main protagonist. Hasn't gotten far yet, but it's gotten good feedback so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    But to be fair, that's the point of her whole creation. The switcheroo of her being the one who got bit and Peter being the one who died. It's not like they just made a new female Spider character and chose to name her Gwen Stacy, the choice was deliberate and the reason she got so famous is because of the clever concept, but also cause of the excellent costume design.

And what made the book so ingenious to me is they decided to play into this notion of the same character from different multiverses acting differently. In which no matter how much Spider-Gwen grows into her own character with her own relationships and differences, she's still "Gwen Stacy" and the multiverse (most particularly 616) has a definition of what "Gwen Stacy" means, and I like that the book ultimately goes, sometimes a character shouldn't be tied to the fate of her equivalent, she can grow into her own being.
    Thing is, character switcheroos only work when the character being switched acts like the character being switched. It'd make sense if Spider-Gwen changed personalities after getting powers or Peter's death, but she doesn't. Flashbacks make it clear she was always a tomboy rocker and her powers didn't change that. Making this doubly noticeable is that her friends are more immediately recognizable - Peter had his Ditko era characterization of being a bullied school shootery nerd, Harry was a rich kid with mental issues and MJ, while not being a party girl, retained her other traits like initially being shallow and uncaring of anything but herself.

These characters retained the core parts of their well-known characters. When a casual fan thinks Spider-Gwen they probably imagine ASM or Spectacular Gwen with powers, not a new character with Gwen Stacy's name slapped on top for advertisement purposes. Calling her Norah Winters probably would've been more accurate given her personality. It's the opposite deal with Marvel Rising's Kevin where he's basically just Peter with a different name and ice powers.

Quote Originally Posted by AngelJD View Post
    It's interesting you use this Gwen from School's out

She to me 'looks' like 'Gwen' not as much a MJ version.

'Acts' I might grant that various Gwen are presented as just as smart as many Peter in many forms of science or such (616, Emma Stone version, Spectacular Spider-man, 617, and a few others) but with other Gwens that doesn't hold true. This one probably has been made with the influenced with the personality of Ultimate/1610 Gwen and possibly the other non science direction Gwens. However 'acts like MJ' is a stretch as well as basically that's every female Peter knows that is close to and supports him might then be compared to 'MJ'. I guess we need to see talents that is different from different MJs to stand out. However in turn so does 'MJ'.

A person enters a room with other woman characters from Marvel and each are covered in a sack that you visually can't tell who could be under it. the reader must be able to read some quotes that she never said before yet the reader would know MJ's character would say that to point her out .

Maybe like on one world we see a Gwen the 'science Goth detective' and MJ the 'adventure getter Hippie' for one world such the two are separate yet the adventure they could have together and chemistry could be fun to read?

'Dresses' doesn't remind me of MJ. The above Gwen version and fashion/art style the artist gave and drawn reminds me more of 1610 Gwen Stacy actually. If we look at the last issue that came out we see a black and white striped outfit which I saw one time on a Ultimate Spider-man (during Miles time) cover. Various Gwen Stacys I feel caughted a better punk/goth look then other versions of MJ did.

But I also want to show something that this image also reminded me.

Now above Gwen shown came from 'Spidey: School's Out'. The squeal to 'Spidey'. I really liked that Gwen Stacy presented.
    The writer made a change that she wasn't go with math I think but a pro at History which Peter was suffering a bit to keep up as it was his weakest subject yet would of been fine but being Spider-man took time away that he could of used to study. His friend Gwen was his tutor while Peter tutored Gwen and Flash in Math. She also had a personality that reminded me of both Ultimite and Earth-65 as her intro characterization establishing shot was her punching Flash to the ground for bullying Peter scene and her standing tall.

Now keep in mind this is all the same writer and same Gwen version for Spidey series.
    The Spidey series might of had one writer BUT different main artists worked on that series. Here is three images from three artists that presented the VERY SAME Gwen. Tell me if visually the story she tells from art style to fashion style that comes off:

Nick Bradshaw

Andre Lima Araujo

Nathan Stockman
    (This scene basically showing Gwen doing what her father did on 616 but living. Possibly showing her courage comes from her father's side or a nice and morbid shout out?)

and Todd Nauck is the artist for Spidey: School's Out
    The art styles do portray her very differently. In the first one she comes across as a bit tomboyish/formal, the second has her in more of a classic Gwen look, and the third has her emulating MJ and/or Ultimate Gwen by being a tomboy with lots of accessories. As for acting like MJ, that's more because MJ is the well-known love interest who loves teasing and making light with Peter. All his other love interests - Betty Brant, Debra Whitman etc etc - weren't as popular because they didn't have MJ's charm or fun, hence why it feels like they're MJ-ing up Gwen in recent series to try and capitalize on this. Notably they did the opposite in the Raimi movies where MJ acted more downbeat and serious like 616 Gwen and that contributed to her being considered a **** love interest, which says a lot.

Again, I don't mind this change, but it does make it hella confusing when people argue that Gwen is a better love interest than MJ cause I have no freaking clue which Gwen they're referring to. That and there are fans who pair Spider-Gwen and Peter purely on the basis that, hey, she's Gwen Stacy and therefore she's made to be with Peter. Her conflicting and, at times, contradicting portrayals really make this a hard sell to buy into, especially for someone who makes Spider-Gwen fanfics with people using this exact argument for pairings.