Page 96 of 124 FirstFirst ... 46869293949596979899100106 ... LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,440 of 1848

Whenever I seee "AIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEE" I just think about Bugs Bunny appearing and going "I wonder if that crazy Duck will remember that he can fly..."

Also the comics would "imply" for a thousand issues before they ever truly committed to an alt-universe Gwen Stacy / Mary Jane relationship.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by AngelJD View Post
    I really don't have much for tips but I'll say it depends on how you make your characters and versions. I'm assuming you are looking at this like you just became Earth-65 Gwen Stacy's and Earth-65 latest writer and you wanted to develop a romance for Gwen and in her life. If not the sky's the limit as long as it's good and well developed and has chemistry.
    I've read fanfiction of writer's own worlds with Gwen being the spider hero but Peter living and helping her (one of them has Peter be her costume maker as in the movies Peter makes the costly and fancy outfit vs the MCU Tony doing so as MCU Peter has many skills but not tailoring and the money that would be needed to produce it as much). I've read tales with both the writer's Earth versions has Gwen and Peter be the SPider heroes (together at the same time or a time difference and how the powers developed alters per writer). I've read fan stories of other Earths they make with influences from the Emma Stone Amazing series Gwen and Peter but also influences of course from the Spider-Gwen series and new things with imagionations and creativity. Quality sometimes great and sometimes lacking.
    Could you give me some links to those Spider-Gwen fics? Particularly the one where Peter is her guy in the chair?

Quote Originally Posted by Majesty View Post
    Whenever I seee "AIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEE" I just think about Bugs Bunny appearing and going "I wonder if that crazy Duck will remember that he can fly..."

Also the comics would "imply" for a thousand issues before they ever truly committed to an alt-universe Gwen Stacy / Mary Jane relationship.
    They dropped it for Spider-Gwen in favor of Mary Jane and Glory Grant. Which is weird, since Glory and MJ just consistently argued for 90% of their screentime whereas MJ found out about Gwen's secret identity first among her friends and was very supportive. Her character development also coincided with the discovery of said identity.

I dunno, guess they wanted to leave Gwen open for future Spider-Men pairings? Shame, I think MJ and Spider-Gwen could work in this context.
    Last edited by eratas123; 09-05-2018 at 05:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by eratas123 View Post
    Could you give me some links to those Spider-Gwen fics? Particularly the one where Peter is her guy in the chair?

They dropped it for Spider-Gwen in favor of Mary Jane and Glory Grant. Which is weird, since Glory and MJ just consistently argued for 90% of their screentime whereas MJ found out about Gwen's secret identity first among her friends and was very supportive. Her character development also coincided with the discovery of said identity.

I dunno, guess they wanted to leave Gwen open for future Spider-Men pairings? Shame, I think MJ and Spider-Gwen could work in this context.

For the fanfictions I read and liked or like some ideas inside I'll have to see if I can find them agian and hopefully they have not been removed. That might take me some time which unfortunately I lack (even now I have to stop my habit of going to these sites till I actually finished all my work).

Reading this just now reminded me about somebody making a comment that Mary Janes are 'Spider-Catnip'.
    I can see it now.
    Gwen: Me and MJ are just friends...ouch! Something bit me.
    MJ: Gwen! Are you alright? I head you scream out.
    Gwen: Yeah I'm fine...(MJ now looks alluring to Gwen). Gwen begins to drool seeing MJ running to her in slow motion.
    MJ: Gwen?
    One Month later the new Spider-woman and MJ is having a upside down kiss and telling all other Spiders to wait a turn...including a alternate Spider-MJ

Still I wouldn't mind a good Gwen/MJ love. Or at least avoid the whole tradisional 'Love Triangle' involving Gwen, Peter, and MJ.

Or if another world has agian a Love Triangle maybe for a twist either have:
    1. The three each actually having romantic feelings for each other but believe in monogamous relationships (that would then mean both that Gwen and MJ are Bi then and the monogamous would provide the means to make sure it isn't totally smooth for the three also the two gals peter loves is oddly also both rivals in a strange way). Doing so we would then have the 'TRI' in a Love Triangle confliction.

2. Again there is a love triangle involving MJ, Gwen, and Peter. Big twist is however it's not two gals hoping for Peter's affections but instead we have Peter, MJ being Bi, and Gwen a lesbian. Gwen and Peter are childhood friends and do love each other but see each other as a brother and sister love and closest companions. Peter was the one she first 'came out' to due to how she trusts him even before her own father. MJ entering the scene and both Gwen and Peter falls head over heels for her. Doing so a another love triangle happens but Gwen is now a rival for MJ's affection yet also still a dear friend to peter and same for Peter to Gwen but it's those two hoping for MJ's affection then two gals over a guy like before and many Earths presented.

The love triangle with two supermodel gals hoping for a one guy's affection is basically a old fashion wish fulfillment for guys. First with Archie then with Peter. But until recently the Archie series and worlds in my option has done better with the individual characters Betty and Veronica. They had their own series many times plus stood out as characters and friends in their own separate series plus also another series called 'Vixens' and also horror lore with 'Vampironica' for Veronica and I feel Betty will have her own turn with a horror series to her due to how well written and successful their horror branch has been doing thus far.

Gwens has had a upswing recently and fighting against the intutionzation thinking that 'she has to die all the time' in the Multiverse. Even though that isn't necessary or required as the Multiverse can have worlds and characters doing their own destinies) which I feel is lacking in creativity. 'Spider-Gwen' has become the disruption to that thinking and direction for future Gwens to now be a hero themselves or at least have their own paths. 'Disruptors' and those that dare to make chances and risks that can buck trends can make great positive impacts if done right (sometimes bad but this case great).

For MJ I love her Renew Your Vows version as a loving mom and wife but most importantly she is also presented as a individual character and superhero in her own right as well with personal conflicts and troubles of her own. Nice balance the writers have done thus far with this RYVs version and the three stars of the series but very sad seeing this series about to end.

Quote Originally Posted by AngelJD View Post
    The love triangle with two supermodel gals hoping for a one guy's affection is basically a old fashion wish fulfillment for guys. First with Archie then with Peter. But until recently the Archie series and worlds in my option has done better with the individual characters Betty and Veronica. They had their own series many times plus stood out as characters and friends in their own separate series plus also another series called 'Vixens' and also horror lore with 'Vampironica' for Veronica and I feel Betty will have her own turn with a horror series to her due to how well written and successful their horror branch has been doing thus far.
    Yeah the new Archie series and the whole Archie franchise have really made me a fan of Betty and Veronica. Haven't read 'Vampironica' but it looks interesting

I remember reading a fanfic once where Peter, MJ and Gwen are roommates in Manhattan. Gwen has powers while Peter is powerless and she's also dating MJ. The whole gist is that their trying to set Peter up because they feel that Peter needs to be more outgoing. Pretty funny overall.

Quote Originally Posted by Flashback View Post
    Yeah the new Archie series and the whole Archie franchise have really made me a fan of Betty and Veronica. Haven't read 'Vampironica' but it looks interesting

I remember reading a fanfic once where Peter, MJ and Gwen are roommates in Manhattan. Gwen has powers while Peter is powerless and she's also dating MJ. The whole gist is that their trying to set Peter up because they feel that Peter needs to be more outgoing. Pretty funny overall.
    I've said it before, but I wish we could get a Betty & Veronica-styled Spider-Man book with Gwen & MJ as BFFs who are also both vying for Peter's affections, I think that could be really enjoyable. Closest we've gotten to something like that is elements of Spider-Man Loves Mary Jane.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Flashback View Post

I remember that; wasn't it where they give him a party invite where Superheorines go hooking? If so MJ had powers; Gwen was the science-y girlfriend.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by eratas123 View Post
    I remember that; wasn't it where they give him a party invite where Superheorines go hooking? If so MJ had powers; Gwen was the science-y girlfriend.
    I think I remember something like that, too, but more seriously, though, if the new Archie series/franchise is doing so well with Betty and Veronica, why not a series, limited or ongoing, for Gwen and MJ? I'd go for one set in the Ultimate Universe after that imprint's version of Peter died, since Gwen and Mary Jane were still in touch and fairly close, at least before Peter's thus far unexplained resurrection.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

BANNED

We keep seeing her with a bag - is she a drifter now or something? She has a bag in the connecting Spider-Geddon cover and on Ghost Spider #1 too.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    We keep seeing her with a bag - is she a drifter now or something? She has a bag in the connecting Spider-Geddon cover and on Ghost Spider #1 too.
    It makes her look like she's in high school, even though she shouldn't be .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It makes her look like she's in high school, even though she shouldn't be .
    Ever since Peter's death I don't think we've ever seen her in school. Did she drop out, or does Earth-65 only have one year of high school and then your education is complete?

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    Ever since Peter's death I don't think we've ever seen her in school. Did she drop out, or does Earth-65 only have one year of high school and then your education is complete?
    George was talking about her being in college at some point, so I assume she's at least a high school graduate.

Ironically one thing both Gwens have in common is that they probably never finished college.

Fantastic Member

Before she got Venom she used a backpack to hold her spare clothes, phone and, really bizarrely, her hamster, who she apparentlyy took with her while getting shot at. Post Venom this makes no sense - her costume is bolted onto her and the symbiotes can carry something small like a phone without need for a bag. Preumably they keep the bag on covers cause it makes her look more Spider-y ala MCU Peter. Noir was also drawn with tommy guns and fedoras on covers even though he only used them once and only ever to fire at the ceiling.

As for schooling, her bio mentions she's a college student in ESU, but you'd be forgiven for assuming she just lives off drumming and part time jobs since she's never shown attending college even once, which is actually kind of a narrative fail along with never showing 65-Janet van Dyne who made her costume and webshooters. Gwen seems to piss around at all hours of the day with classes never being shown as a factor.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    I think I remember something like that, too, but more seriously, though, if the new Archie series/franchise is doing so well with Betty and Veronica, why not a series, limited or ongoing, for Gwen and MJ? I'd go for one set in the Ultimate Universe after that imprint's version of Peter died, since Gwen and Mary Jane were still in touch and fairly close, at least before Peter's thus far unexplained resurrection.
    Before I wrote a idea involving a Gwen & MJ series/new Earth and charazations that could be possible for fun. I don't know if it was on this or the MJ thread or page (have to look back at my past comments I made within a year maybe).

That said if focusing only on the 1610 Gwen and MJ versions I think that could work.
    One factor I think the writers and many forgot during the 1610 version of a clone store was how MJ was altered into a version of a werewolf. Don't know if their was plans that just fell by the side of 1610 MJ being the 1610 Werewolf by Night or 'Woman-Wolf' in the spiritual link to John Jameson once a werewolf in 616. It was said that part was cure but we saw that wasn't the case fully but in the end nothing came from that.

On Gwen's side for a time her DNA was hybrid human and symbiote. But then her symbiote DNA was suck out and she suddenly normal human agian. I found that to be questionable as altering and adding DNA is already risky mad science business with side effects and more. But to rip DNA out of a being yet have not broken links causing disruptions to the body and somehow have perfectly fine DNA is another matter. That Gwen is suddenly not a hybrid anymore I think can easily be shown how that can instead show something hidden beyond Tony can see. Plus the shapeshift factors of symbiote possible going beyond to the DNA levels till self healed and regrown in a matter time.

A story could be that the 'dormant' wolf side of MJ is starting to show once more and MJ can't hide it like she was able to do before. Meanwhile at the same time Gwen's symbiote side also begins to reveal to her that it's still apart of her DNA and now coming out once more. They discover each other's secret and the two friends decide to stick close together to help keep the other in check while they look for a way to either 'heal' (aka make that part of them dormant forever) or find a way to finally understand take control of these emerging powers in a battle of will and self understanding and reflections.

The two don't trust SHIELD (SHIELD's usually response is to just lock away forever and Gwen was always a prisoner before and many other were prisoners just for being different), Mr. Fantastic went evil, somebody smart and possibly might related 616 Jennifer/She-Hulk (who started out like a female version of Bruce and HUlk till another writer made her love her She-Hulk form a accet it and made her a fun character that people loved) don't exist and 1610 Bruce/Hulk is a jerk.
    Ths they put their trust and secret to each other and work together to help each other and as they go forth on this quest that also go for the saving their Earth.

If 1610 Peter wasn't suddenly brought back to life (with immortality also to boot apparently) then the series first could of started when Miles was still around but then after Secret Wars happens and Miles and many people they knew just disappeared. As they try to discovered what happened to them without a 'Spider-man' the two gals decide it was time to stop just being on the sidelines and finally take center stage/action when their Earth needed a defended and them the most. With Gwen acting as MJ's 'suit' the two merge to form 1610 'Spider-Woman' (or another name as 1610 Peter's clone aka 1610 Jessica Drew is already called Spider-Woman on that Earth). The two working in unison is usually enough to handle most treats but is a Omni-level danger or a sinister Six type team shows up MJ can tap into her 'wildside' to give extra strength, speed, and claws but in the danger on going to 'beastly' losing self-control and feeling just rage. When this happens Gwen being MJ's symbiote will also be endanger of getting dragged to a beastly mentality feeling what 'MJ/She-Wolf' feels.

In Edge of the Spider-Verse #2 her father states that Gwen is smart and if she went to college and forced on science or anything she could of done great. But Gwen response was that she loved Music.

We see the band beginnings during their high school part of their lives and I'm assuming the the Mary Janes (Em, Jay, Betty, Gloria, and Gwen) decided to pursue music and being a band as their hopeful livelihood. Hoping to make it big. Doing so it seems the four gals after graduating High School decided not to go to college but stick to the band thing. However since they currently not big enough to be fully supported financially Gwen had to have a side job working at the Dollar Dog quick food. After her secret came out the owner of the Dollar Dog close his place temporarily so Gwen would be able to eat in peace and made her a special dog before she was carted to jail. When she was released he re-employed her despite knowing her OTHER duty might cause scheduling conflicts.

The Dollar Dog is the place where the Bodega Bandit always tries to ineffectively rob. So much that the owner just finds him a nuance but not a threat including Gwen. The Bandit STILL tries to rob tat place even knowing Gwen works there and she's Spider-Woman. I think he's a man of routine and he likes her cause she gave him a pet after the death of his dog plus he liked that Spider-Woman cared in many ways.

Now possibly Gwen might of decided by the new writer to go to college and learn and get a degree in something. Something she's good at, likes, or helpful in music or her hero life. Same might apply for the rest of the Band.

Also agian if Gwen (and maybe other from Earth-65 and other Earths) gets taken and traped on 616 maybe Gwen will try for a 'Fresh Start' and decided to go to college also while their. Many possibilities open thus far.

Also despite having a symbiote with powers that allows her to make suits a basic bag to carry things that tight pockets might not be able to carry could be a necessity. Something she takes with her when doing a general patrol but then hides and webs up when action is about to happen. Lastly maybe she travels the Multiverse against her will sometimes so much she decided to take a 'overnight' bag with toothbrushes and everything as a 'just in case'. We will have to see how the writers and artists come up with and reasonings.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Those are some pretty amazing ideas and thoughts, AngelJD.
    The spider is always on the hunt.