Page 97 of 124 FirstFirst ... 478793949596979899100101107 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,455 of 1848

For those that are interested, Chapter Eight of my Ghost SpiderxSpider-Man What If? Gwen Never Died AU story has been posted. This one is racking up the views and favs/follows pretty fast, which is a pleasant surprise. -

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1276833...wined-Destines

If so inclined, enjoy.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

BANNED

BMW lawyers are requesting an extension of time to oppose the Ghost Spider trademark

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/09...-ghost-spider/

Celgress
    Enjoyable fanfiction you made thus far Celgress.

Miles To Go
    Also it seems for writers making a hero name is just going to get more difficult. Everyday I'm hearing about 'trademarks' and courtroom battles and Red Tape as companies and some people are trying to copyright everything and any ideas even close under the sun.
    Apple is a big player in that act as they will copyright 'ideas' and 'concepts' they haven't even made yet or will ever make but can sue very quickly similar stuff.
    It's 'who has the most or more costly big lawyers' now then creativity and free to have ideas.

Being so use to Spider-Woman for Gwen it just felt strange to call her Ghost-Spider (unless a good reason can back it up in story and/or power set). That alone will be a challenge for any new name that a writers comes up with (outside now of all legal issues also with now ANY name) as people are trained heavily by routine to see things one way only many times. But I understand why they might want Gwen to have her 'own thing' to be linked to and image just for her and other versions of her when a person says a name. Images, logos, symbols, and names are powerful tools, labels, expressions and feelings that can be built up till it's in a person's psyche.

Huntsman Spider
    Thanks. I have a few other ideas/hopes for that quick idea I put down such as making sure Kitty Pride makes appearances (she sort of the third gal to the trio on that Earth and similar links plus agian might be able to relate just being a Mutant and hated for being different by some) and of course 1610 Jessica Drew. Kitty's powers could prove useful for Gwen and MJ to get out of spots that would be trapped in or to help separated each other if one of them is losing control and endangering of taking the other with her for a time.

Plus I don't know if a 1610 Coulson was around in this Earth version but if not then a introduction to him and a few others in SHIELD primary as a way of showing how SHIELD isn't a 'single minded entity' but a team/groups of people (many apart of SHIELD simply hoping to help the Earth in some form thus joining) in a large organization. People talented but still doesn't have powers thus MUST work with others as a team to fight supervillains and conflicts that other protectors fear. People that can and do have their own thoughts, experiences, and personalities. In doing so that SHIELD (while many in the higher areas of power are shown to be jerkish in their choices) made of many people that have different views and morality on various topics and responses.
    Coulson discovers the gals secrets but having his own morality and thinking assists in helping them vs following the common responses and trying to lock away thus doesn't tell his few superiors what he has found as he made his own judgments of the situations (plus master of not breaking but bending SHIELD rules).
    Doing so if Gwen and MJ had to work with 'somebody from SHIELD' I can see them going:
    Gwen/MJ: "We would NEVER work with...Oh wait..Hey Coulson!"

That golfing firm might have a case but they're so small Marvel can probably pay them off. The BMW case should be thrown out. They make a Ghost and a Spyder, but they'd never even be advertised together as one is a Rolls Royce.

Ultimate Coulson was never introduced. He debuted in 616 at the same time as the black Nick Fury did.

As for Gwen changing her name, I can think of two reasons. One, in her native Earth-65, she's already lost the Spider-Woman name. Having had her identity outed, everyone just calls her Spider-Gwen now! If she ends up displaced to 616 after Spider-Geddon, well, Gwen Stacy would effectively be a ghost, as her 616 counterpart is dead. She'd also want to not step on Jessica Drew's toes. The other reason is a recent change to her powers. After Earth-65's Cindy Moon depowered her, she got replacement powers thanks to the Venom symbiote. That includes camouflage (like Miles has). That new ability would justify the Ghost Spider name (in Champions, Miles's Weirdworld persona is called Shadow Spider - if they ever decide he can't be Spider-Man any more, that name would fit him for the exact same reason).
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by AngelJD View Post
    Celgress
    Enjoyable fanfiction you made thus far Celgress....
    Thank you very much. Peter and Gwen are my favorite Spider-Man couple. I try to show my love for the pair in my writing.
    Last edited by Celgress; 09-12-2018 at 03:10 PM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

What the...!?!

GODDESS MODE #1
    written by ZOE QUINN
    art and cover by ROBBI RODRIGUEZ
    variant cover by STJEPAN SEJIC
    Don’t miss the start of a new series by Hugo Award nominee Zoë Quinn and Spider-Gwen co-creator Robbi Rodriguez!
    In a near future where humanity’s needs are provided for by a godlike A.I., it’s one young woman’s horrible job to do tech support on it. But Cassandra Price’s life changes forever when she discovers a hidden digital world beneath our own, one where a group of super-powered women are locked in a secret war for the cheat codes to reality.
    ON SALE 12.12.18
    $3.99 US | 32 PAGES
    FC | MATURE READERS
    This issue will ship with two covers.
    Please see the order form for details.

That was in the DC solicits, it's a new Vertigo book. But I thought Robbi was retiring after wrapping up Spider-Gwen, due to failing eyesight? And check out the cover! Same colour scheme!
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    What the...!?!

GODDESS MODE #1
    written by ZOE QUINN
    art and cover by ROBBI RODRIGUEZ
    variant cover by STJEPAN SEJIC
    Don’t miss the start of a new series by Hugo Award nominee Zoë Quinn and Spider-Gwen co-creator Robbi Rodriguez!
    In a near future where humanity’s needs are provided for by a godlike A.I., it’s one young woman’s horrible job to do tech support on it. But Cassandra Price’s life changes forever when she discovers a hidden digital world beneath our own, one where a group of super-powered women are locked in a secret war for the cheat codes to reality.
    ON SALE 12.12.18
    $3.99 US | 32 PAGES
    FC | MATURE READERS
    This issue will ship with two covers.
    Please see the order form for details.

That was in the DC solicits, it's a new Vertigo book. But I thought Robbi was retiring after wrapping up Spider-Gwen, due to failing eyesight? And check out the cover! Same colour scheme!
    It is Spider-Gwen's colourist Rico Renzi doing the colours for this too, so it makes sense it got a similar feel. Seeing that Earth-65 aesthetic in a more 'hardcore' story like this I am very excited to see, I can't wait for it!

I recall in two Earths where Peter was the 'Green Goblin' himself. One on a House of M Earth (and since a House of M Earth seems to still exists in some form due to having a domain on Battleworld it counts and so can this version of Peter possibly). The other one in one of the side tales that the original Spider-Verse had who died holding back a Inheritor.

Now Gwen gets to meet a 'Green Goblin Gwen' version from another Earth it seems.

Jessica mentioned during the Spider-Women storyline how it's highly likely when Multiverse hoping you will find a evil version of yourself and in that a strangeness, extra level of danger, and personal emotions to it all. Cindy battle a evil version that was Earth-65 Cindy who tossed her family away while Cindy would do anything to have hers back and the two Cindys were very different and had different talents also due to different experiences and life directions and choices. With Gwen Multiverse hoping it was bound to happen to her as well but the exact nature and dangers of this Green Goblin Gwen we will have to see.

I know the matters of how the Multiverse it seems has a pattern of doom for various Gwen Stacys has been commented on and even joke in the Web Warriors series but also commented on and now taking a active role by 617 Gwen/Gwenom setting up a team of Multiverse Gwens saved to study and combat the multiverse (or who might be pulling the strings) of this strange recurrence in a Multiverse that should allow anything to happen vs a set pattern.
    I wonder if Earth-65 Gwen is considering 'life insurance" or not fearing her safety but the others around her which in turn might have her go into a 'over protective' mode for them or this is setting up the pieces to a new story ark to join Gwen 617's team or do her own investigation into the matter (possible finding like how the Inheritors wanted to kill the Spiders for a reason their might be a cosmic, Multiverse bending/jumper, or magical force that wants to stop a certain unknown Stacy or all Gwens for some reason yet shown).
    Last edited by AngelJD; 09-18-2018 at 11:03 PM.

Latour wrote Edge of Spider-Geddon #3, and there's a reference to Stark-Bucks in it. The Stark-owned Starbucks homage coffee shop mentioned in the Spider-Gwen series. Looks like they don't just exist in Earth-65...

EDIT: Looks like IDW Gwen has the same design as the Marvel Rising version (Miles and Peter seem to be based on their looks in the Spider-Man cartoon).

Spider-Man #2—Cover A: Fico Ossio—SPOTLIGHT

Delilah S. Dawson (w) • Fico Ossio (a & c)

As if Peter Parker didn’t have enough problems at high school, suddenly New York’s crawling with Spider-People! Peter has no choice but to forge a tentative partnership with Miles Morales and Gwen Stacy, as a larger mystery threatens the trio! All-new web-swinging action in the Mighty Marvel Manner!

FC • 32 pages • $3.99
    Last edited by Digifiend; 09-19-2018 at 07:05 AM.

Fantastic Member

Okay, I absolutely love the idea of Spider-Gwen fighting Gwen Goblin; it's like the multiverse has the most fucked up sense of humor :P Still, better hope Peter doesn't see it. The guy would just collapse into a guilt-ridden angst pile if he sees it.

Quote Originally Posted by eratas123 View Post
    Okay, I absolutely love the idea of Spider-Gwen fighting Gwen Goblin; it's like the multiverse has the most fucked up sense of humor :P Still, better hope Peter doesn't see it. The guy would just collapse into a guilt-ridden angst pile if he sees it.
    Probably a good thing Peter is as irrelevant in Gwen's book as he is (in more ways then one) .

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Probably a good thing Peter is as irrelevant in Gwen's book as he is (in more ways then one) .
    How much you wanna bet Gwen'll eventually have her own Clown Saga/Conspiracy arc? Gwen Carmichael (mom's maiden name), a male version and/or a revived Peter, who is then revealed to have slept with Emily Osborn. Marvel has done weirder.

If Gwen gets a clone, I'd call her Maxine Carmichael. Maxine is Gwen's middle name.

BANNED