Page 1 of 18 1234511 ... LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default Milestone Media Returns to DC Comics as "Earth-M"

The Milestone characters are back at DC, with new projects on the way from creators including Reginald Hudlin, Denys Cowan, Geoff Johns and Jim Lee.

Full article here.

BANNED

I'd hope they do this like "Earth 2" - just one book, with the various characters appearing, at least until sales indicate a spinoff is merited.

DC Won CC! I'm literally crying! I'm full of tears. Welcome back Static! Dwayne, YOUR LEGACY LIVES ON.

Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

I've always liked the idea of Static as a DC hero. I hope that short time that they lost him helps them appreciate the character more and utilize him.

YYYEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSS!!!!!!
    Earth-M!!! Yes! Yes! Yes! This is amazing! I was hoping for them to have their own universe again. Dakota is back! Can't wait to see some artwork now.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Loving everything about the Earth M idea, but can we still have a static in the dcu?

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I don't like the idea of Johns and Hudlin working on the Milestone characters.

i'm taking a "wait and see" attitude. 100% of DC's involvement with MILESTONE, post Dwayne's death, has been shitty and, indeed, DC editorial and "Creative" directors have pretty much shat on every iteration of Milestone that wasn't under Dwayne's DIRECT control.

Wait and see.

Johns being involved doesn't make me happy.

Forgive my ignorance on Milestone, but when they keep mentioning diversity, do they mean diversity or just black diversity? The reason I ask is that most (if not all) of the Milestone characters are black, as well as the creators behind those characters. Am I wrong about that, please correct me.

If that is true, I think it is disingenuous to say Milestone has been about diversity for diversity sake, but rather the introduction of black characters and black creators into comics. That's fine if that is the goal of Milestone, but just say that. If the goal of Milestone was truly diversity, I would see major Asian characters with Asian creators, gay characters and gay creators, female characters with female creators. I don't see that, so I think Milestone claiming their goal is diversity is not really true.
    Pull List
    Avengers, Captain America, Daredevil, Fantastic Four, Hulk, Iron Man, Spider-Man, Thor, Wolverine, Uncanny X-Men
    Justice League, Action Comics, Superman, Detective Comics, Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, Flash, Aquaman, Cyborg

BANNED

Lol Milestone wasnt just Black Character sry that is absurd. Static being their most well known character and being Black doesnt mean they had no Asian or Women or Gay Characters. Shows u dont know jack s*** about what ur talking about.

Thrashing Like a Maniac! Gotham Thrasher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wandacrystal22 View Post
    DC Won CC!

This. Make mine DC

Quote Originally Posted by randomengine View Post
    Forgive my ignorance on Milestone, but when they keep mentioning diversity, do they mean diversity or just black diversity? The reason I ask is that most (if not all) of the Milestone characters are black, as well as the creators behind those characters. Am I wrong about that, please correct me.

If that is true, I think it is disingenuous to say Milestone has been about diversity for diversity sake, but rather the introduction of black characters and black creators into comics. That's fine if that is the goal of Milestone, but just say that. If the goal of Milestone was truly diversity, I would see major Asian characters with Asian creators, gay characters and gay creators, female characters with female creators. I don't see that, so I think Milestone claiming their goal is diversity is not really true.
    In the 90's, they introduced black, Hispanic, Asian, middle eastern and gay characters. As well as good old Caucasians.
    I'm convinced that most people, who hate on a comic, never read said comic.

Quote Originally Posted by JaggedFel View Post
    Lol Milestone wasnt just Black Character sry that is absurd. Static being their most well known character and being Black doesnt mean they had no Asian or Women or Gay Characters. Shows u dont know jack s*** about what ur talking about.
    I am talking about major characters. I see that Xombi is Korean, but their 3 major characters - Icon, Hardware, and Static Shock are all black males. Women don't seem to be represented all that well.
    Last edited by randomengine; 07-11-2015 at 10:35 AM.
    Pull List
    Avengers, Captain America, Daredevil, Fantastic Four, Hulk, Iron Man, Spider-Man, Thor, Wolverine, Uncanny X-Men
    Justice League, Action Comics, Superman, Detective Comics, Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, Flash, Aquaman, Cyborg

Still have lots of racial discrimination in america as seen in the police killings and lack of indictments so I hope milestone comics will sell well.

Spectacular Member

Love the return of the lettered Earths! Great concept and excellent way to expand the DCU!