Default Is there a thread for Teen Titans #11?

If not, i guess I'll start one. Overall, I'm not sure what to make of it. Red Robin's loyalty towards Superboy is starting to feel a bit out of place, considering Superboy is still acting like a loose cannon. I'm still not sure about Manchester Black's motivations, and there doesn't seem to be enough development of The elite. Chimera continues to interest me though, but I'd still like them to hurry up and merge the teams, or something.

BANNED

Normally I've settled on the Tim/Kon thing is just a hasty move on DC's part to bring back some of the spirit from before FP. But I suspect this is part of the plan, probably Manchester's and that nothing is really what it seems. (Atm I suspect it's going to turn out Kon was MC'ed into killing the Durlans, Tim turns out to have been influenced to prove his innocence, just so Manchester can get control of the Titans the way he controls the Elite.

But aside that, yeah, I wasn't cheering when story turned from 'media celebrities with superpowers' to 'lets sort out Superboy, again'.

Extraordinary Member

Would you guys say that this latest volume still seems patterned off the main themes and formulas of Vol. 1? I mean, you've got a mysterious organization launching its own teen hero teams against the Titans while fighting over Superboy, that same organization had a mysterious and ostensibly unstoppable manipulator at its heads, and still not all that much development of the relationships outside of suddenly playing them as being these very strong ties that are now being strained.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

BANNED

I would be happy if kon was just now at the end of this last issue coming back to earth from his time at the space school kara was at,and Despero was the one who actually did the killings.

This book has done nothing but hurt superboy imo,yes he looks badass,but if the storyline and way he is portrayed is lacking it doesn't help just hurt him.

Always Rakzo

I actually liked this one better than the last couple of chapters. The dialogue is pretty sharp and Pfeifer manages to develope all the plot-points nicely which is logical since those are his strong points, he suffers when he tries to use characters he knows little about.

Astonishing Member failo.legendkiller's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    Would you guys say that this latest volume still seems patterned off the main themes and formulas of Vol. 1? I mean, you've got a mysterious organization launching its own teen hero teams against the Titans while fighting over Superboy, that same organization had a mysterious and ostensibly unstoppable manipulator at its heads, and still not all that much development of the relationships outside of suddenly playing them as being these very strong ties that are now being strained.
    Yes! this run started a little better than the old one, but suddenly it became a sort of copy.
    All this bullshits about Kon have frankly getting boring. Plus we have some hatred between the characters that is not proper to a Titan book.
    I like the brotherhood that Tim has for Kon, but it's totally nonsense in this N52 universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakzo View Post
    I actually liked this one better than the last couple of chapters. The dialogue is pretty sharp and Pfeifer manages to develope all the plot-points nicely which is logical since those are his strong points, he suffers when he tries to use characters he knows little about.
    Pfeifer, I don't like his handle on Bunker and a few others. Power Girl doesn't really do much anymore. I don't know what's happening to Cassie. I mean for all the hate Lobdell's stuff got and it wasn't bad but wasn't good, at least I could follow it and the handles on some of the characters weren't bad.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vinsanity View Post
    Power Girl doesn't really do much anymore.
    For several issues she didn't do anything at all. After taking part in that fight in the issue she met the team, she did nothing but stand around and deliver dialogue in the issues that followed, she took no actual action. I don't see the logic in creating a new character and putting them on a team only to have them do nothing.