Astonishing Member

Default Wishing for the Spider-Family

Honestly, reading Secret Wars makes me really wish for the Spider-Marriage being restored somehow. I have checked there are several domains in Battleworld where Peter is married with MJ and they have a daugther:
    + "The Regency": The main one with "Amazing Spider-Man: Renew Your Vows".
    + "The Warzone": This Peter Parker is married with MJ and they have a daugther, even although her name is a littel different.
    + "MC2": I don't know where this are is, but it's clearly the world of May "Mayday" Parker.
    + "Arachnia": This Peter lost his powers, he said he now has a wife and a family; which could clearly means a daugther. He never said his wife was MJ, but we could guess it.

I would really like to see this Spider-Family restored in the main Marvel Universe. Although I like Spider-Man will pass to the next level, I really don't like the idea of Peter becoming a new arrogant Tony Stark. A family could keep him in place to avoid the same mistake that cost him Uncle Ben's life.

All-New Member

As much as I want this, it's probably not going to happen. Not with Slott around.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul-Phoenix View Post
    As much as I want this, it's probably not going to happen. Not with Slott around.
    Is he really the problem? Wasn't it an editorial mandate?
    Slott most likely would not be allowed to bring the marriage back, even if he wanted to.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Other View Post
    Is he really the problem? Wasn't it an editorial mandate?
    Slott most likely would not be allowed to bring the marriage back, even if he wanted to.
    That's... true. Good point. >_<"

Alright, my bad. I take my last statement back. But there you go, the editorial mandate probably won't change it soon. Maybe future writers would push this issue further and advocate a change, so we can only be hopeful and cross our fingers.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul-Phoenix View Post
    That's... true. Good point. >_<"

Alright, my bad. I take my last statement back. But there you go, the editorial mandate probably won't change it soon. Maybe future writers would push this issue further and advocate a change, so we can only be hopeful and cross our fingers.
    Yeah, agreed. I'd like the marriage back, too.

(Though I gotta say I have no problem with Peter Starker.)

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    I would really like to see this Spider-Family restored in the main Marvel Universe. Although I like Spider-Man will pass to the next level, I really don't like the idea of Peter becoming a new arrogant Tony Stark. A family could keep him in place to avoid the same mistake that cost him Uncle Ben's life.
    I personally believe that a Spider-Family could happen in the same manner as The Bat Family, with a few reoccurring allies like The Black Widow, Tigra, and The She-Hulk. I for one feel that Peter's new role is just an underlayer of Superior Spider-Man 2.0 via Doc Ock in charge once again. I feel that Superior Spider-Man is still around with Dr. Ock's plan in motion to return to pull the rug from under Peter's shoes when the time comes. I would love to see Tigra have a major role in the upcoming ASM whereby she's investigating Parker Industries and continuing the mysteries surrounding it from where Carlie Cooper had failed to resolve.

I would love to see Peter and MJ having a daughter together and being a couple... or maybe not. It would be fun Spider-Man having to take care of a babe while fight crime and taking suggestions about paternity with guys like Luke Cage, Jessica Jones and Julia Carpenter.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    I personally believe that a Spider-Family could happen in the same manner as The Bat Family, with a few reoccurring allies like The Black Widow, Tigra, and The She-Hulk. I for one feel that Peter's new role is just an underlayer of Superior Spider-Man 2.0 via Doc Ock in charge once again. I feel that Superior Spider-Man is still around with Dr. Ock's plan in motion to return to pull the rug from under Peter's shoes when the time comes. I would love to see Tigra have a major role in the upcoming ASM whereby she's investigating Parker Industries and continuing the mysteries surrounding it from where Carlie Cooper had failed to resolve.
    NEVER-EVER-AGAIN!!! You want to bring back Octopus? Fine, because that jerk have to face what he did usurping Peter and Spidey's life. But bring back "Superior Spider-Junk"?!! NOT IN THIS LIFE!!!

There are only two ways that I could accept the return of "Superior Spider-Junk":
    + An alternative dimension, which makes me suspect it could appear in the "Web Warriors" comic. I wouldn't be surprised if he appears in the future, both as an ally and as an enemy.
    + Octopus transfers his mind into the body of a clone of Peter Parker. That way, Amazing Spider-Man could offer several people the chance to have revenge on Superior Spider-Man. I'm pretty sure Amazing wouldn't have any objection of leaving Superior to face the combined wrath of Black Cat, Scorpion, Vulture, Boomerang, Sandman, Electro, Mysterio and Chameleon.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    NEVER-EVER-AGAIN!!! You want to bring back Octopus? Fine, because that jerk have to face what he did usurping Peter and Spidey's life. But bring back "Superior Spider-Junk"?!! NOT IN THIS LIFE!!!

There are only two ways that I could accept the return of "Superior Spider-Junk":
    + An alternative dimension, which makes me suspect it could appear in the "Web Warriors" comic. I wouldn't be surprised if he appears in the future, both as an ally and as an enemy.
    + Octopus transfers his mind into the body of a clone of Peter Parker. That way, Amazing Spider-Man could offer several people the chance to have revenge on Superior Spider-Man. I'm pretty sure Amazing wouldn't have any objection of leaving Superior to face the combined wrath of Black Cat, Scorpion, Vulture, Boomerang, Sandman, Electro, Mysterio and Chameleon.
    I would have loved nothing more than for Spock to face Evil Black Cat. Had Superior Spider-Man continued in ASM vol.3, Felicia's vengeance would have been justified knowing that Spock was not her Spider-Man.