Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Ultimate Member

Aracely continues to be adorable. And her comment about falling in love with Speedball because he's "dark, brooding, and angsty," do I detect a bit of meta commentary on current pop culture there Mr. Yost?

A enjoyable series, kind of worried about its future though. Its got such a nice set-up with the representation of a number of races on Marvel Earth there. Also glad to see the New Men still alive even if only a few are... kind of hope they return full force in the future with the Knights of Wundagore returning. But anyway, curious to see where this goes. Also, the feline New Man was just hilarious... its like everything one thought of cats. Also, intrigued about the Namorita thing and where that goes. Oh, and the encounter with 'Penance' was very dark and disturbing... nice moment there.

Quote Originally Posted by Den View Post
    The art change took me off guard, but only a little. Despite my loathing for all things Civil War, including the "Bleedball" days for Robbie, I have to admit it was pretty well handled. Maybe Yost is deciding the best way out for that little slice of Dork age is through.
    From what I've seen, it rather looks like a step backward for Robbie who was beginning to be in peace with himself in Avengers Academy.
    And had grown into a mature hero.

Attacking this salem guy and thus initiating a fight between super powered people made him look like a terrible failure.
    Like a driver who caused several death because he was drunk, and then decided to drink&drive again a few monthes later.

fihf.jpg
    Last edited by mugiwara; 06-07-2014 at 12:00 PM.

Spectacular Member devinofthedead's Avatar

One of the best parts of this book is the fact that in the first five issues, you see so much from the Marvel U. Atlantians, Morlocks, Salems Seven. It is deeply rooted in the marvel U. Hope it lasts.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    I think this series has been a lot of fun, and the throwbacks to older series and events are cool. The characters on the team are a real oddball group that somehow manages to work together and save everyone, my favorites being Aracely, Nova, and Kaine. If I have one complaint it's that I don't feel as though I know water snake and Heichi(sorry if misspelled) that well being as they are new characters. I think Wundagore mountain is an odd place for them to set up shop, but I'll see where it goes.

Although, the Avengers must be ticked, the Inhumans have set up shop in between New Jersey and New York and now the New Warriors, which is a team not to many people in the MU are happy about, have teleported a mountain of all things to the coast of NY. It must be weird living in NY in the MU.
    I think I'd like a revised Map of the MU geography, with Asgard in oklahoma, and Wundagore mountain off the NY coast.

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    I think I'd like a revised Map of the MU geography, with Asgard in oklahoma, and Wundagore mountain off the NY coast.
    That would be an awesome poster/map to own. I think I know what else would be on it. Anybody got anymore I forgot?

-Avengers Tower
    -Baxter Building
    -New Attilan
    -Wakanda
    -Atlantis
    -Mount Wundagore
    -Camp Hammond
    -Jean Grey School
    -New Xavier School
    -Asgardia
    -Avengers Academy(LA)
    -Savageland
    -Tabula Rasa
    -Gammaworld(is this still around)
    -Bagalia
    -Latveria

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

this is probably my favorite group book put out by Marvel right now and second favorite Marvel book over all (behind Captain Marvel.) I love the history that Yost is infusing the book with as well as the lack of internal over-angstness. The High Evolutionary, the New Men and Wundagore are all one of my most favorite parts of Marvel lore so Yost starting the book off with this setting is a huge thrill for me. Although I am still WAY peeved at poor Bova. She deserved far better. >

Roche was a bit of a off set at first, being somewhat different from To, but I have to say long before the end of the issue, I was really liking his work. Definitely would not mind him returning when To needs a break.

I'm not sure I understand the premise of this book (I
    i.e. team), but the characterization(s) and art keep my interest.

Just finished the issue; I like the new art style, but as usual, I'm divided on the warriors. Still finding Scarlet Spider to be a royal pain, and I don't like the fact that Speedball hasn't really gotten over the stamford incident. Honestly, I wish both of them would just shut up and deal. I also don't like how Arcely is developing a crush on Robbie, because he's all "angsty"; I also don't like how they seem to be downplaying her aztec origins. The whole mystery of whether or not water snake is in fact Namorita isn't really interesting me- i don't care whether she is or not. And what's the point if the original Nova isn't there? And, I'm not sure why this group is still together when Kaine acts like he doesn't want to be there, and Water Snake seems to have her own agenda. Taechi turns into some kind of dragon? I thought he looked like a bull, myself. Maybe Gorgon could be his mentor!

This really is an excellent series...man I hope it lasts...

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    I wonder if the Avengers will remember that he's trapped in the mountain that just moved...
    I wonder if Quicksilver or Scarlet Witch, or Jessica Drew for that matter, will have anything to say about Bova being killed off
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Aracely is HOT! Way to go Robbie!