Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Don't buy Bucky going full-on villain. Unless the truth bomb reached him and triggered old programming or something like that. Even then, I'll put my money on Nick being an LMD. Regardless, it was a hell of an issue. Loving Original Sin so far.
    "I'm only playing devil's advocate, Professor. You've always encouraged us to dream... ...I just wondered what would happen if one of us had a dream you didn't like?"

I wonder if noh-varr is going to show up in this, really enjoying this event so far it just feels different than the last few from marvel

Quote Originally Posted by BlitheringToot View Post
    Doesn't make Nick Fury, Jr. any less annoying or obviously shoehorned into the Marvel Universe.
    Shoehorned yeah but calling him politically correct makes absolutely no sense
    We need better comics

I wonder if these could be cancerverse versions of some characters(fury)? Like using radiation bullets to fight "cancer" etc..

Recall Age of Ultron #5 where Fury had Richard Rider's Nova helmet and other strange artifacts in a storage locker..

Or the fact this event is so fcused on an eye and shuma gorath is basically a big amorphous eyeball?

Anyone?
    Last edited by THANOSRULES; 06-09-2014 at 03:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Venger77 View Post
    Just read it. Didn't see that ending coming. Didn't suspect it. Kind of think its a red herring. Given the way the character was highly promoted and his popularity I don't see Marvel turning Bucky into a villain all of a sudden. I expect there to be some kind of reveal. But I'm otherwise enjoying this series. First 'event' series I've enjoyed in years.

But just in case...RIP Nick Fury. You were a G.
    Just speculating on it possibly being real that Bucky found out that Fury had so many secrets, that it made Bucky, think "without secrets, the would would be a better place", and swung in with whoever killed the Watcher, and so turn the world against SHIELD? Bucky may be so damaged by his experience at the hands of the USSR and the secrets factory, that he may have this primordial hate of everything secret about the world, being the root of all evil. It's one of the philosophies I was once holding, so I myself, wouldn't judge Bucky too harshly for it. And it would certainly put the cat among the pigeons if that was the aim of the unseen. I wouldn't mind seeing the effect on the world after all the secrets are revealed, because the world is so fearful that others will learn what they've done, it would be interesting what would happen if everyone knew. Very much like the whistle blower of recent times. I remember a situation in the MU once, where a mutant made everyone tell their inner most secret in the UN, but that was just an isolated sequence. This would be huge, if Marvel wanted to take it to its extreme.
    Last edited by jackolover; 06-08-2014 at 06:26 PM.

The Man Without Fear. Batman#22's Avatar

So Bucky's a bad guy again. BUMMER. I guess Marvel wanted him back in the villain seat due to his popularity in CA:TWS. That's too bad, because I really liked him as a hero. Especially when he became Captain America (in my mind that was by far the most likeable thing he's ever done.). So is it safe to say that someone re-activated his KGB programing? Still, that ending shocked me to the core. The great Nick Fury, DEAD!! I always thought he was a great character. Not only was it shocking to see him die, but by the hands of his fellow soldier doing the deed himself.
    I plan on dying tonight!!!
    (Punches himself in the nose and cause bleeding)
    ... how about you?

Quote Originally Posted by Batman#22 View Post
    So Bucky's a bad guy again. BUMMER. I guess Marvel wanted him back in the villain seat due to his popularity in CA:TWS. That's too bad, because I really liked him as a hero. Especially when he became Captain America (in my mind that was by far the most likeable thing he's ever done.). So is it safe to say that someone re-activated his KGB programing? Still, that ending shocked me to the core. The great Nick Fury, DEAD!! I always thought he was a great character. Not only was it shocking to see him die, but by the hands of his fellow soldier doing the deed himself.
    If you haven't seen Nick Fury die a horrible painful death you haven't been reading Marvel that long. It happens at least once a decade.

Shocking ending but, no way do I believe that's the actual Nick until they confirm it. I really hope it's not because I really love that character.

Amazing Member

So the eye reveals a secret that a person never knew about before that affected their life? Is that how the eye works? I

So if Fury didn't see anything, it means no one secretly did anything to him? Or maybe it means The Watcher never followed THAT Nick Fury, supporting the cloned Nick Fury theory.

Or maybe Nick Fury's secrets are held in the other eye?

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

I doubt Bucky's gone full baddie. Maybe he was supposed to kill Nick Fury. Although I wonder if this plot continues into All New Invaders or O.Sin #4+.

So the ramifications of Hulk, Spider-Man, Daredevil, and Thor's revealed secrets will be tackled in their own books, but what of Captain America? Is what he learned gonna be revealed in Original Sin, his book or one of the spin offs? Or do we even know?

Quote Originally Posted by Mjolnir View Post
    So the ramifications of Hulk, Spider-Man, Daredevil, and Thor's revealed secrets will be tackled in their own books, but what of Captain America? Is what he learned gonna be revealed in Original Sin, his book or one of the spin offs? Or do we even know?
    Wasn't it revealed issues ago in Avengers when Steve Rogers took a posse of fellow Avengers into Tony Stark's lab calling Stark a traitor?

Refrax

Quote Originally Posted by Venger77 View Post
    Just read it. Didn't see that ending coming. Didn't suspect it. Kind of think its a red herring. Given the way the character was highly promoted and his popularity I don't see Marvel turning Bucky into a villain all of a sudden. I expect there to be some kind of reveal. But I'm otherwise enjoying this series. First 'event' series I've enjoyed in years.

But just in case...RIP Nick Fury. You were a G.
    Yeah the final scene was definitely a turd. It's been highly speculated that Nick Fury would be killed off to make room for Nick Fury Jr (which is such contrived editorial bull$#!% in itself). But it was so arbitrary and done with so little fanfare that it definitely robbed a character of the death he deserved after being a fan favorite for 50+ years. More importantly though, it was wildly out of character for Bucky. Bucky has long been a killer, but he has never spoken in an emotional bad guy tone, and more importantly, he's never remotely been the type to decapitate a victim and run around w/ his bleeding head in his hands. I'm fairly certain things are not what they seem, but if this is supposed to be real, it's just awful storytelling.
    Last edited by Refrax; 06-12-2014 at 08:40 AM.