Super Moderator

Default Joe Mad Taking to Kickstarter to Fund "Battle Chasers: Nightwar" Game

Joe Madureira's studio, Airship Syndicate, will soon launch a campaign to crowdfund their upcoming JRPG.

Full article here.

Joe Mad and Kickstarter? That's a recipe for a lateness disaster of epic proportions.

Amazing Member

I'm down for a Joe Mad Battle Chasers comic, his artwork on Savage Wolverine and Inhuman was killer. I hope Mad has gotten a few issues ready to go ahead of the videogame and the kickstarter is not all about the video game.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by prismablue View Post
    I'm down for a Joe Mad Battle Chasers comic, his artwork on Savage Wolverine and Inhuman was killer. I hope Mad has gotten a few issues ready to go ahead of the videogame and the kickstarter is not all about the video game.
    And let's not forget his Avenging Spider-Man issues, which his Savage Wolverine work was initially supposed to be another arc of before delays and the Superior Spider-Man saga led to it getting repurposed for Savage Wolverine, hence Spider-Man's cameos at the beginning and end. Oh, and he was probably the only good thing about Ultimates 3.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

I am interested, not enough to help fund it though....

Spectacular Member

Count me in for anything Battle Chasers.

Yeah, sorry Not going to happen. Battle Chasers was a real popular book, you could just take it to a publisher, and they'd publish it for you, if your reputation was better. You should be giving out the first issue of the book for free, to show that you are serious about continuing the series, then maybe, just maybe the fan base will come back. As it is you're not getting a penny from me until you show me that you're really committed to the project and that you can meet your deadlines.

i guess the obvious thing to ask is, if it's funded, will it ever actually finish being made.

There's no way i wold put money down on something from him that isn't already finished. Even these days, he seems more reliable and his art is still fantastic, but there's enough delay that i don't trust him to finish his own projects. once there's a fully finished product available, sure. i'll buy it. I love his work, when it gets done.