• ♥♥♥

15 19.74%
  • ♥♥

4 5.26%
  • 5 6.58%
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213
    Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ariwl1 View Post
    I guess Jean will always be a sore subject for Rachel. The character has a hard time escaping the shadow of her famous parents.
    I woudn't say it's a sore subject, Rachel doesn't comment on it. I think this is the first time since BotA (which would make it the second time ever) that someone has addressed to Rachel that her teenage parents are off running around. And this whole Rachel Ororo rivalry needs to stop. I get why Storm was all HBIC in this (urgency for Wolverine's safety) but it's real old already.
    And since WHEN does Rachel need Cerebro to find Wolverine?? If she can track him all over the globe in AvX and scan the minds of every person on the planet without Cerebro, why now? Anywho
    Otherwise this issue was decent, although I don't get Storms choice to hit the field. But I'm looking forward to this arc.

Vice High Priest ~ CTT

Quote Originally Posted by Valeficent View Post
    I just did my nails so I can't type much. Let's do a summary this time.

• Storm belittles Rachel and KYost teaches Brian Wood how these two should be written in one panel.

Fun, tons better than Aaron's work on the book, just the start of a 5 part story.
    Lovely review, HP. And yes to this x100!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    well, fod. that pcp blink is going to be revealed to be a space phantom or something along those lines. worst character assassination ever.
    I know, right?! It was the most damaging thing I've seen, and I've watched Caligula.

Quote Originally Posted by The Weather God View Post
    Lovely review, HP. And yes to this x100!
    That panel cracked me up so good. Ororo is finally giving as good as she's been getting.
    Be the change you wish to see in the world.

that woodchipper slaughter at the beginning of the issue was brutal. i'm glad kyle and yost are back. here's hoping logan gets turned into a smelly wendigo cannibal.
    It just wouldn't be them if somebody was not brutally murdered. That made me stupidly happy.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

that woodchipper slaughter at the beginning of the issue was brutal. i'm glad kyle and yost are back. here's hoping logan gets turned into a smelly wendigo cannibal.
    They must have watched Fargo before writing this.

Quote Originally Posted by Sundowhn View Post
    Should this go in their future wedding album?

So, it was Illyana she had always wanted when she hooked up with Piotr. Common predatory behavior. She intended to gain confidence from Piotr by proving what a good mentor she could be to Yana. Its all coming together now.
    Last edited by From The Shadows; 06-09-2014 at 03:42 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    1. I hope they phase out Firestar
    ... and I hope they don't.

Seriously, WTH? So few posters here have even given Firestar half a chance in X-Men without dumping on her. Major X-fans seem to want X-men to be the way exactly they want it and screw everybody else. We've heardly seen anything of Firestar yet! How about giving her a tiny chance??? That character in the first arc wasn't like Firestar really is. No X-Men comic since Uncanny X-Men #193 has remotely captured Firestar's character (though she's changed a lot since then).

Quote Originally Posted by mrrightnow View Post

Seriously, WTH? So few posters here have even given Firestar half a chance in X-Men without dumping on her. Major X-fans seem to want X-men to be the way exactly they want it and screw everybody else. We've heardly seen anything of Firestar yet! How about giving her a tiny chance??? That character in the first arc wasn't like Firestar really is. No X-Men comic since Uncanny X-Men #193 has remotely captured Firestar's character (though she's changed a lot since then).
    In my case it's a combination of not liking the mandate to write her as a total wet-behind-the-ears-newb (I'd generally rather characters not be used at all than written badly) and not wanting new characters brought in when the JGS side has so many neglected characters on the roster. There was no gaping role on the team that couldn't have been filled by existing staff or students, and Firestar's inclusion takes up a slot that could have gone to an actual X-Man.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    and Firestar's inclusion takes up a slot that could have gone to an actual X-Man.
    I'm more or less indifferent to Firestar, but this reason for not wanting her on the team I can understand. If there weren't so many wallpaper characters, it might be different.

Quote Originally Posted by mrrightnow View Post

lol i hear you sister. i'll give angelica a fair chance now that we have some competent writers onboard.

Fantastic Member Bslythegamerguy's Avatar

Really good issue here, I loved Bobby and his comic relief and I loved Wolverine and his hunting skills in issue #8. What a great start for K/Y and what a way to make an amazing series even better. Can't wait to see where things go within this new arc, so far things look to be off to a hot start!