Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Ultimate End #5 delayed?!?

Ultimate End 5 was originally solicited to come out next week, but I couldn't find it at pullist.comixology.com.

Then I saw this:
    http://www.previewsworld.com/Home/1/...emID=JUL150727

11/11/15. :-(

And $4.99 for the final issue of a series that's been complete garbage? Ugh.

I guess it's due to Secret Wars being extended to 9 issues. The really crappy part is that it means the new Miles book getting pushed further back.
    Co-host of Ultimate Spin - the Spider-Fan podcast for Miles Morales and Spider-Gwen!
    And check out our in-depth podcast interviews with their creators!

BANNED

Bendis needed the last issue to be triple sized so he can shove in everything he promised and make sure the internet will have atleast a few people recommending tpb readers to buy the collection.

Wow, delayed until November? I'm all ready for Bendis to wrap this hot mess up now. Can't say I'm going to care for the finale when I'll be checking ANAD Marvel now.

Well at least it will probably be oversized. That gives me at least a LITTLE hope.

Lets hope its good. Bagley works fast so I think it got delayed because it contains some spoilers from the main mini.
    We need better comics

Recovering Sociopath ultimate_spider's Avatar

Holy crap. When I first saw this I didn't notice that it's coming out in 2 months. There's something fascinating about bad stories and I'm wondering how this wraps up. Ultimatum and Cataclysm had me on the edge of my seat for all the wrong reasons, and though I don't consider this to be as bad as those, I'm certainly just as curious.

Mighty Member

I have a feeling Ultimate End 5 might Surprise people who didn't like 1-4.Bendis said 5 will put 1-4 in light or sometime like that. I heard him say that somewhere maybe it was a earlier interview

Quote Originally Posted by fin5 View Post
    I have a feeling Ultimate End 5 might Surprise people who didn't like 1-4.Bendis said 5 will put 1-4 in light or sometime like that. I heard him say that somewhere maybe it was a earlier interview
    LOL Considering his track record these past few years of closing out stories, it's safe to say that was Bendis' usual empty hype.
    I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider

Quote Originally Posted by harashkupo View Post
    LOL Considering his track record these past few years of closing out stories, it's safe to say that was Bendis' usual empty hype.
    Yeah his endings have been all lackluster since DoSM, which was so freaking good. I just hope it is better than Miles beating up all the heroes off panel and then a big white light.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    Yeah his endings have been all lackluster since DoSM, which was so freaking good. I just hope it is better than Miles beating up all the heroes off panel and then a big white light.

Do not doubt the all powerful Miles with Bendis Force. Venom Blast shall defeat them all.
    And if ppl don't like it, he shall gain yet ANOTHER power! *I still hope Miles loses that other power he just got, but knowning Bendis... *sigh*

Anyways, I agree with you. It would be really nice if we got a story on the level of DoSM, but what we actually got is... The opposite.

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

I'm very disappointed at lack of big fights and no Rachel.

Quote Originally Posted by Sardorim View Post
    I'm very disappointed at lack of big fights and no Rachel.
    I would gladly settle for at least a story of substance.
    I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider

Just read this on Bendis' tumblr page about his books being delayed:

"first of all, i am not the publisher or the editor. i am the writer. i do not dictate shipping. i wish the book was out last june. thats the truth.

and there is no page reduction on our end. not sure what everyone is talking about. not one word or page has changed. nothing about ice man is causing this, which i see is a big point of conspiracy.

i wish secret wars shipped on time and i wish all the books that i have connected to it shipped on time as well. out of my hands.

old man logan- written and drawn. done.

ultimate end- written and drawn. done.

uncanny x-men 600- written and drawn. done.

spider-man 1- written and drawn

powers 5 at the printed and coming VERY soon.

and everyone else who q’d me about this, please consider this your answer as well."

So he says he's already done...

BANNED

well, I don't think Bendis would lie about this. same thing happened with fraction/aja last issue

sucks all those books will ship late

BANNED

I'm just looking forward to this being over. Best-case scenario I can imagine for #5 is that a few more Ultimate characters will be confirmed as passing over to the NewMU, and I can follow those books. (So far I only count Miles, Reed and possibly Nick Fury - any I've missed?)