Super Moderator

Default Pipeline - Sep 1, 2015

Augie changes his tune on Scott Lobdell and Chris Bachalo's teenage mutant saga, and did Joe Casey's "Wildcats v3" predict modern day technology?

Full article here.

cinman

I remember reading this when it first came out. Out of everything Lobdell wrote in the X-Universe, I felt like this was his best writing. The creative partnership between he and Bachalo was wonderful. I collected the entire run because, I was "collecting". I should have stopped when he and Bachalo left the book. But those first 25 issues together still stand up very well to me (even though Bachalo took an issue off here and there during that run).
    Last edited by cinman; 09-01-2015 at 04:04 PM.

I loved Generation X when it was coming out. Around the time it came out I was in high school so the characters just clicked with me. While the Bachalo/Lobdell run was easily the strongest issues of the series it was still enjoyable enough read up to when Larry Hama took over as the writer. He basically threw everything that fans loved out and wrote the worst issues of the entire run. It was almost if you were reading the series through a funhouse mirror where you could make out elements of it that you could recognize even though they were oddly distorted. I feel the writers they brought in after him tried their best to come back from that train wreck but it never really got back to the level of those first two or so years of the book.
    Thennary Speaks - Video reviews for comic books, anime & manga, J-pop and other topics