0 0%
  • Superannulated Man #1

1 12.50%
  • Witchblade #175

0 0%
  • Other

1 12.50%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Default Image Comic of the Week June 4/14 - Rise of the Magi #1, Nailbiter #2

Last week's winner was the magnificent Deadly Class #5 with 8 votes while Chew/Revival #1 crossover came in a close second with 6 votes. I've stopped reading Deadly Class after issue 1 but it looks like I'll have to pick up the rest. Issues 4 and 5 looks absolutely beautiful and may be one of the best looking comics in the stands right now. This series has really picked up steam. That's what these polls are for, to find hidden gems that you might otherwise overlook.

For the first time in forever I didn't pick up an Image title this week so I'm not voting. After 2 great weeks from Image, this week's lineup looks rather weak to me.
    Last edited by Groo Odyssey; 06-04-2014 at 12:39 PM.

Yeah I didn't get anything either, only a trade of something called 'Toshiro' by Dark Horse that was out today. No clue yet if it's good, but look at this description: "The mechano-samurai Toshiro travels a Victorian clockwork world, battling horrors too dark for mankind. With his mysterious partner, the world-famous adventurer Quicksilver Bob, Toshiro must face Earth's greatest foe yet: the soul-stealing, zombie-creating jellyfish from beyond."
    I mean. There's no way this can dissapoint right?!!
    All the cool cats are reading CBR's Community Standards & Rules!

Quote Originally Posted by TotalSnorefest View Post
    Yeah I didn't get anything either, only a trade of something called 'Toshiro' by Dark Horse that was out today. No clue yet if it's good, but look at this description: "The mechano-samurai Toshiro travels a Victorian clockwork world, battling horrors too dark for mankind. With his mysterious partner, the world-famous adventurer Quicksilver Bob, Toshiro must face Earth's greatest foe yet: the soul-stealing, zombie-creating jellyfish from beyond."
    I mean. There's no way this can dissapoint right?!!
    Holy crap! that sounds ridiculously good. I did not see this on the stands today from my LCS. I have such a beef with them, they hardly have any indie comics in on release day. Like for example they only got one copy of Chew/Revival last week. Seems like people who live in my area only buy DC/Marvel. Would've gotten Toshiro for sure if I saw it. Didn't pick up any Image titles but bought Woods #2, Big Trouble in Little China #1, Princess Ugg #1 and a few DC bombshell variant covers this week.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

The only one I bought/read was Dream Police. Nothing amazing or groundbreaking, but fun nonetheless.

Surprised it's gone a whole two issues without delays!
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Groo Odyssey View Post
    Holy crap! that sounds ridiculously good. I did not see this on the stands today from my LCS. I have such a beef with them, they hardly have any indie comics in on release day. Like for example they only got one copy of Chew/Revival last week. Seems like people who live in my area only buy DC/Marvel. Would've gotten Toshiro for sure if I saw it. Didn't pick up any Image titles but bought Woods #2, Big Trouble in Little China #1, Princess Ugg #1 and a few DC bombshell variant covers this week.
    Yeah that's why I make a habit out of pre-ordering almost anything. I'm in Europe so most of the North-American stuff on racks here is just 'big two' material, which I only read a few of. So I've made a habit out of checking solicits every month for Image/Dark Horse/Boom and I just pre-order way in advance. Does kinda annoy me when solicits contain big spoilers (like the current Ultimate Spider-Man series, thanks a lot for spoiling all of that in advance Marvel!), but it's not so bad with the indies and this way I'm sure they'll arrive on release date or maaaaybe 2 weeks later.
    Last edited by TotalSnorefest; 06-05-2014 at 05:02 PM.
    All the cool cats are reading CBR's Community Standards & Rules!

I did not buy any Image this week either.

My Image schedule is really skewed to the last week in the month. I feel like most months I buy barely any Image books the first three weeks of the month, but then the last week is loaded. Same thing this month.
    Image Comics (TPB):
    Saga, Southern Bastards, Injection, Descender, Deadly Class, Chew, Black Magick

DC Rebirth (Digital):
    The Flash, Batman, Green Lanterns, Aquaman

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Also no Image for me this month since I decided I would get Superannuated man in trade. Better luck next week
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Living on the dolmantle eye of all's Avatar

No Image books this week.
    Read Prophet, live Stray Bullets.

I vote for Rocket Girl!
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut