Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
    Secretly in the Shadows Starleafgirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    Rahne's always bitching and whining and crying and being needlessly melodramatic. She's not a character I detest but I almost never enjoy an appearance. Thank goodness she wasn't in the last New Mutants volume. X-Factor can keep her.
    I don't like her, either, but I don't hate her, either, hah.

I wouldn't wish that volume of New Mutants on even my most hated character, though...
    Prεtty Pεnny
    I have no speech. No name. I live in the action of death. The blood-cry, the penetrating wound. I am destruction.... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7.../penance-1.jpg
    <----------------------------------->

Keep the snark to a minimum. ~ The CBR Community Behavior Rules

"What? I can't promise that!" ~ Starleafgirl

Original Join Date: 10-31-2007

Quote Originally Posted by Starleafgirl View Post
    I don't like her, either, but I don't hate her, either, hah.
    I wouldn't wish that volume of New Mutants on even my most hated character, though...
    You mean the one that started with this beautiful page?

I greatly enjoyed the series up until Illyana left and the writers brought in X-Man and Blink for God knows what reason. Yes, I was reading it solely because it was the Diabolical Magik & Friends Show.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Secretly in the Shadows Starleafgirl's Avatar

You mean the one that started with this beautiful page?

I greatly enjoyed the series up until Illyana left and the writers brought in X-Man and Blink for God knows what reason. Yes, I was reading it solely because it was the Diabolical Magik & Friends Show.
    Yes, sorry, those later issues were what I was thinking of. ;D
    Prεtty Pεnny
    I have no speech. No name. I live in the action of death. The blood-cry, the penetrating wound. I am destruction.... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7.../penance-1.jpg
    <----------------------------------->

Keep the snark to a minimum. ~ The CBR Community Behavior Rules

"What? I can't promise that!" ~ Starleafgirl

Original Join Date: 10-31-2007

That's what makes it fun! Ricochet Rita's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by primetime21 View Post
    I've always wondered why there's so much love for Jubilee. Never understood that. Personally I always like Bomm-Boom more.
    Jubilee and Boom-Boom are probably the X-characters I like least, I think they're cast in the same (not of my taste) mold. Just personal preference, as Starleafgirl said.

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    Magik really sky rocketed in popularity? When did this happen?
    I think she was always very appreciated (pretty badass girl = success). IMHO, she's a very well built character: I consider her former miniseries one of the best CC's work ever. But it's true that she has gained popularity since she's being around with the senior team.

Rahne's always bitching and whining and crying and being needlessly melodramatic. She's not a character I detest but I almost never enjoy an appearance. Thank goodness she wasn't in the last New Mutants volume. X-Factor can keep her.
    I missed her very much in that volume, because...well, all of her friends were there enjoying together, and they didn't even name her? But yes, I think she plays a better and more contrasting role in X-Factor, for example.

Me too . The first issues were really touching, a journey to past, and this title is the only one (together with X-Factor) I've really liked in the 2000's.

Quote Originally Posted by primetime21 View Post
    I've always wondered why there's so much love for Jubilee. Never understood that. Personally I always like Bomm-Boom more. Love that Moonstar was ranked pretty high also Monet and Cannonball. I was a bit shocked but yet happy that Chamber got so much love. Warpath is awesome so I'm really understanding his placement. Also Siryn.... that was unbelievable.
    Better introductory storyline (Uncanny X-Men 251 is maybe my favorite issue ever), prominent role in the 90's animated series and proximity to Wolverine at the height of his popularity.

I think the animated series really helped Jubilee since like myself it's the way a lot of people got interested in X Men and Jubilee being the kid of the show was the most easy to relate to for kids. Then Generation X came out which was sort of marketed as the cool teen comic that featured Jubilee in a main role. I basically picked up that comic for her and then it led me to getting into X Men comics properly.

Much of the list as expected Magik has just gained popularity since her full time return and AvX seems to have helped her a lot even if X Fans didn't enjoy it a lot of people jumped on X Men after it and Magik played a big role in it an before that so everyone new to the comics was reading how cool she is. I think she's always been pretty popular though she's one of the few newer X Men characters to keep gaining popularity in the age of comic book movies where many have been dropped in favour of people liking the older cast who now feature in the movies.

The big surprise for me is always how popular Dani Moonstar is. I dunno I never really saw her as a big player in anything she was just sort of the character who gets angry at people or who is a love interest. Apart from becoming a God person for a while I can't really remember anything great she did but I'm sure there are some big reasons people like her because she always features highly on peoples lists. I'll go with it's because Native American girls are beautiful.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    Here we go,.... the final top 10

NUMBER 10

With a total of 105 points and two #1 votes

Attachment 26585

PENANCE
    (aka Hollow)

OMG! Hollow is in the top 10. I'm so happy right now.

I hope she'll appear in the x-books soon, especially in Xtraordinary X-men.

That's what makes it fun! Ricochet Rita's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Moondoggie View Post
    The big surprise for me is always how popular Dani Moonstar is. I dunno I never really saw her as a big player in anything she was just sort of the character who gets angry at people or who is a love interest. Apart from becoming a God person for a while I can't really remember anything great she did but I'm sure there are some big reasons people like her because she always features highly on peoples lists. I'll go with it's because Native American girls are beautiful.
    You can't remember any big stuff about Dani???? ..................... O_O

Why, I always thought she's the Shadowcat of TNM, kinda CC's alter ego: brave stubborn smart self-sufficient young girl. Most likely she has the leading role (including text boxs in first person) in more stories than any other New Mutant, except for Illyana.

I didn't vote for her because I don't specifically empathize with her, but here you are just a handful of issues totally focused on Dani (including two major arcs of the title: the first one with the Brood and the Demon Bear!):

Glad to see such a strong showing for Monet, Karma, and Chamber (usually expect to see the core New Mutants take the top 10 by storm).

Chamber does really well in polls considering his last ongoing was New Warriors which ended in 2009 and was terrible and Chamber wasn't very Chamber-y. Prior to that, I believe he had his brief stint as an X-Man which ended in 2002.

Well, damn.

If I'd taken the time to find my password sooner, Moonstar would probably be in second spot since she would have been my first choice and Jubilee wouldn't have been on my list.

Ah, well.

Quote Originally Posted by Starsmoar View Post
    Glad to see such a strong showing for Monet, Karma, and Chamber (usually expect to see the core New Mutants take the top 10 by storm).

Chamber does really well in polls considering his last ongoing was New Warriors which ended in 2009 and was terrible and Chamber wasn't very Chamber-y. Prior to that, I believe he had his brief stint as an X-Man which ended in 2002.
    Chamber was a supporting cast in the Legacy book and has had cameos in WATX and the Nightcrawler solo,
    also hes just awesome and badass but for some reason I dont think he gets used much b/c (American)writers arent comfortable writing his dialect, or the editors dont think he's popular or he's not super-heroish looking or who the F* knows...

Quote Originally Posted by jawbreaker View Post
    Chamber was a supporting cast in the Legacy book and has had cameos in WATX and the Nightcrawler solo,
    also hes just awesome and badass but for some reason I dont think he gets used much b/c (American)writers arent comfortable writing his dialect, or the editors dont think he's popular or he's not super-heroish looking or who the F* knows...
    Those appearances were just too brief its hard for me to count them.

Hopefully he'll show up somewhere in ANAD Marvel. I think he'd fit really well in Extraordinary (as would Jubilee).

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Starleafgirl View Post
    I know, I love that, too.

I've always thought this was a very female-friendly franchise, particularly in the '80s and '90s from which most of these characters originate.

See, and I've never understood the love for Boom-Boom, so it's just personal preference. ;D

I don't think people particularly hate Wolfsbane, do they?

I always thought it was Feral they hated.

Though I get those two confused all the time, so, ah...

Well Boom Boom was there first. I've always seen Jubilee as a copy somewhat. Like you said it is personal preference and Jubilee is not a horrible character, I just wish her powers were a little better defined and not just fireworks and sparkles and now with the vampire thing...ugghhh! I do want her powers restored though

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    NUMBER 1

The winner of this contest received a total of a ----ing 333 points and 13 times voted as #1

Attachment 26598

MAGIK
    Where is my Magik solo marvel

Quote Originally Posted by Aetherna View Post
    Where is my Magik solo marvel
    Once she becomes an Inhuman, sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'