Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    Just because he's a hot dude? Seriously? So Marvel is pandering to its female readers a little bit. It's no different from when they pander to their male readers.

And the book is good! This is a wonderful issue! What is your problem?
    I don't really care about the "looks", though that's part of it as I don't like Loki as a teenager. Rather I appreciate what Real Loki was, a villain, a mastermind, a schemer, a cosmic threat. Not a mopey teenager.

Doing all of this to make a kidified Tom Hiddelston clone to pander to Marvel's approximately 9 female readers seems silly to me.

BANNED

Loki is simply a self fulfilling prophecy mixed in with a chicken or the egg.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by cosmicjoke21 View Post
    Yeah, completely. It's hard to see what other angle Freyja could be working. It seriously just seems like she threw her son to the wolves, and like you said, after basically manipulating him into believing she actually cared about him and wanted him to succeed and do good. I would have a hard time not wanting to say screw you to everyone at this point and turn my back on all of them. And Loki saying "I give up", man, you could see how dejected he was in that moment. It's just brutal. No one's giving him much reason to be good because every time he tries, they just abuse him and use it against him.
    The worst part? This sounds like a freaking fanfiction piece! Heck, this probably is fanfiction somewhere...but it's not. Nope, it's canon that Loki's mother is using him and helping the universe in insuring his failure as a person. Great writing by Ewing in turning what could have been horrible fanfiction into a very moving story.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by megaharrison View Post
    I don't really care about the "looks", though that's part of it as I don't like Loki as a teenager. Rather I appreciate what Real Loki was, a villain, a mastermind, a schemer, a cosmic threat. Not a mopey teenager.

Doing all of this to make a kidified Tom Hiddelston clone to pander to Marvel's approximately 9 female readers seems silly to me.
    Ewing has a good story going! What else do you want?!

And you have old Loki now! Enjoy it! Everyone wins!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by megaharrison View Post

This is, of course, so obtuse and so non-observant that I'm not surprised to read this from a comics fan.

The Hiddleston Loki is MUCH closer to the classic Loki than it is to the JIM Loki.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    The worst part? This sounds like a freaking fanfiction piece! Heck, this probably is fanfiction somewhere...but it's not. Nope, it's canon that Loki's mother is using him and helping the universe in insuring his failure as a person. Great writing by Ewing in turning what could have been horrible fanfiction into a very moving story.
    Well, that's good writing for you. And understanding all the qualities and aspects that makes Loki such a dynamic and amazing character and doing them justice, bringing them out in a genuine, truthful way. Loki's a tragic figure, but it takes a good writer to be able to really highlight WHY and turn it into a good story. And the art is equally as fantastic, only amplifying all of this. The look of horror and despair on Loki's face when faced with his future self and the things he was saying was just awful to see.

Seems to me that for the moment, Old Loki is winning.

What Kid Loki said to Ikol at the end of JiM became a self-fulfilling prophecy of sorts. "You won't change. They won't let you.", So Kid Loki gets the last laugh. And young Loki is losing all around at the moment.

Protector of Mortals Prof. Aegis's Avatar

Man, this is so true. Gah, I think I'm gonna die from the heartbreak.

And that of course leads to you having to think, it's no wonder Loki's so constantly destined and driven towards villainy. Look at how his own family treats him. I mean, that's his mother, and like you said, she just threw him under the bus without any reservation. And before that, she basically blackmailed and coerced Loki, as a child, into doing her bidding, and then there's Odin, who flat out rejected Loki before when he came back as a child. The rest of the Asgardians hate him too, and treat him like a pariah, he's got no friends really, besides Thor. It's all seriously messed up.

Man, Thor, go help your little brother! He's the only one. I don't know how you couldn't feel for Loki here, I really don't.

And of course, if you ever needed proof that Loki hates himself too, just look at the way his supposed future self talks to him. Calling him a little girl and a simpleton and a dolt, making cruel fun of him and his distress. It's jacked up all the way.

But yeah, the most messed up part of it is that Loki's own mother would do this to him, and without qualms.
    This hits to the heart of the pain. AoA Loki is trying to make changes and everyone one else is setting him up to fail and push him to his "Evil" versions for the safety of Asgard and their future. I thought AoA Loki had lots of obstacles in his way before, now it just seems he has walls that are directing him to what others want him to be. No choice, no chance, no new life. This sucks! But it's soo good all at the same time! I love what Ewing is doing and all the twists and turns. I love that I can't figure out all the levels. Even if I can get a few of the directions, he has so many other things going and developing I can't see till the are revealed. And even then, I know it's not the end, but just the next chapter!

I can see AoA Loki pushing back so hard to change and break out of the chains everyone else is locking him into, he'll achieve the change for himself, but it will end up being at great cost for everyone else, and I mean everyone!

Can't wait for this next story in Original Sin and then the return of AoA in September! I see bad things coming to Old Loki (Seige Loki, King Loki, what should he be called?). It will take time, but AoA Loki will seek to rid himself of himself. Ooohh, god this is good!!!
    The Doors of Wisdom are never shut! - Benjamin Franklin

Extraordinary Member

Old Loki isn't Seige Loki. According to this comic, he's just AoA Loki from the future.

Fantastic Member Venom Melendez's Avatar

I guess this issue explains why Loki will be joining the Red Skull's crew in Axis.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Aegis View Post
    This hits to the heart of the pain. AoA Loki is trying to make changes and everyone one else is setting him up to fail and push him to his "Evil" versions for the safety of Asgard and their future. I thought AoA Loki had lots of obstacles in his way before, now it just seems he has walls that are directing him to what others want him to be. No choice, no chance, no new life. This sucks! But it's soo good all at the same time! I love what Ewing is doing and all the twists and turns. I love that I can't figure out all the levels. Even if I can get a few of the directions, he has so many other things going and developing I can't see till the are revealed. And even then, I know it's not the end, but just the next chapter!

I can see AoA Loki pushing back so hard to change and break out of the chains everyone else is locking him into, he'll achieve the change for himself, but it will end up being at great cost for everyone else, and I mean everyone!

Can't wait for this next story in Original Sin and then the return of AoA in September! I see bad things coming to Old Loki (Seige Loki, King Loki, what should he be called?). It will take time, but AoA Loki will seek to rid himself of himself. Ooohh, god this is good!!!
    Yeah, and in that regard, for everyone else, it's their own, self-fulfilling prophecy. If they would just let Loki be and let him be who he wants to be, none of this would happen, but it's like they're trying to force him into the role of villain, and in a way, inadvertently forcing him to become that, even if he breaks away from the prophecy of his future self, because in order to be who he wants to be, it's going to be at the cost of what they all want. Of course, the unfair part of all of this is, Loki's the only one who will be labeled the bad guy for taking what he wants, while everyone else doesn't have to bear that burden for doing the exact same thing, at his expense. The thing too is, they're all standing up and supporting each other, but the only one who will stand up for Loki, really, is Loki himself.
    Last edited by cosmicjoke21; 06-05-2014 at 04:50 PM.

Honestly, after this, everyone deserves to suffer; you don't build anything worth having by deliberately screwing over someone else.

Yeah, this isn't going to end well for King Loki, especially if King Thor shows up. King Loki is greatly oversimplifying the body count for this future of his.

Yeah, and in that regard, for everyone else, it's their own, self-fulfilling prophecy. If they would just let Loki be and let him be who he wants to be, none of this would happen, but it's like they're trying to force him into the role of villain, and in a way, inadvertently forcing him to become that, even if he breaks away from the prophecy of his future self, because in order to be who he wants to be, it's going to be at the cost of what they all want. Of course, the unfair part of all of this is, Loki's the only one who will be labeled the bad guy for taking what he wants, while everyone else doesn't have to bear that burden for doing the exact same thing, at his expense.
    What's weird is that ragnarok is broken now, yet they can only seem to try to make it happen anyway. I'd like to know if Ragnarok was broken in the future King Loki is from as well, because it would explain the dead earth. And what's really awful is they're doing it for something as petty as peace of mind. That's all Loki is worth to them. Geeze he needs to leave Asgard and live with some people who will actually care about him as a person.

Also...I have a feeling that having broken the cycle will make things turn out...interestingly.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Post Monster View Post
    What's weird is that ragnarok is broken now, yet they can only seem to try to make it happen anyway. I'd like to know if Ragnarok was broken in the future King Loki is from as well, because it would explain the dead earth. And what's really awful is they're doing it for something as petty as peace of mind. That's all Loki is worth to them. Geeze he needs to leave Asgard and live with some people who will actually care about him as a person.

Also...I have a feeling that having broken the cycle will make things turn out...interestingly.
    That is an interesting question, because it's supposed to herald renewal and change, i.e., not always turning out for the better when that renewal doesn't happen.

But yeah, considering just WHAT the All-Mother is screwing Loki over for, just so they can feel "secure", man, when you realize that, it makes what they're doing to him all the worse. All they're getting out of it is some imagined sense, nothing even tangible, and they're willing to sacrifice Loki's own happiness and freedom for that. Loki really does need to ditch Asgard. They treat him like he's less than dirt.

Quote Originally Posted by Hariel0079 View Post
    The all mothers are pretty effed up. I hope Angela set's a lot of heads straight.
    Asgardians are in dire need of repeated pimp slaps, and I will be happy with Angela handing them out, provided Loki gets cut slack; after this issue no one in Asgard has a right to complain about Loki ever again. We're back to square one: Asgard deserves exactly what it has coming to it.