Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by The Dork Knight View Post
    Yeah...no . Hulk literally died shortly after . When he was weak enough to be struggling with T rexes and getting KOd by Wolverine tapping him on the shoulder
    ... I'd like to be clear here, the Sentry and Reed indulging in pure speculation is enough for you to say you get to completely ignore the cube performance, but Wolverine noting that the Hulk took a dive to unite the warring tribes is something you feel you can completely leave out as far as details.

Beyond that, the entire point of that period, again such that even outside observers are noting it, is that the Bannerless reality nexus Hulk is getting stronger, but it is also screwing him up to do so. It is part of the entire reason Apocalypse can turn him into War Hulk, part of why War Hulk was so potent, and why Apocalypse even wanted to bother doing so.

http://postimg.org/image/hto6flsvp/

People who have regular experience, you know, fighting the guy a lot, noticing that about him.

He falls over and the end and goes into a prolonged unconsciousness because his powers are killing him and giving him moments where he is physically vulnerable. The Hulk will go on at various points during this period about feeling stronger than before, yet all kinds of things hurt him more. He still busts out things like completely manhandling Atlas of the Thunderbolts, what have you.

http://postimg.org/image/5xx4gjz47/

Hulk literally died shortly after .
    No, in the issue after that Wolverine took him to the X-mansion, where he woke up and had an abortive fight with the X-men, was then kidnapped by Apocalypse and made into War.

Just in case you want to go "Wolverine's talking out his ass!"

http://postimg.org/image/6129n7hyr/

There are various others that observed that there is now energy charging the Hulk up across various comics through this particular period.

http://postimg.org/image/f5uv7rex9/

Now, with all that said, honestly the Hulk didn't really do anything strength wise particularly beyond the sort of stuff the Hulk has generally busted out (until the War Hulk thing, it was otherwise one of those "Silver Surfer has been powered up!" power ups). But he certainly still had his strength and various showings of, so the whole "the Hulk was dying, therefore we can discount this", doesn't fly. It was mostly that his durability was randomly crapping out on him and he was prone to collapsing.
    Last edited by Pendaran; 09-03-2015 at 05:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    To be fair now, those *Time Travel Laws* have been basically aborted during the last years.
    We've had Age of Ultron (sadly) where everything was undone without a Doomlock, we've had Eva, who can tamper with the past and change the present without creating a different timeline, we've had this Uncanny Avengers storyline where Exitar blew up the world and was stopped retroactively etc
    I remember Wolvie specifically using a doom time platform to time travel in AoU. Eva is just very powerful so she can override those rules. Exitar was stopped retroactively due to Kang time travel iirc. Kang began time traveling with doom tech so I assume he can also change the past.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    For me, that Mjolnir operates on a high end of energy manipulation and generation, makes it not some grandly implausible thing to hurt the guy with zorches. Not ktfo or anything, but not that the Surfer bounces like they're nothing.
    I honestly just want to know how tough Surfer is. What is the biggest thing he can tank. I have always wondered and never really got a clear answer to it. I get his speed, I get his powers, not too sure on physical strength, but he obviously hit's hard, but no clue on durability.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    https://reborngn.com/?page=register&ref=408192
    ^-my referral

Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    I honestly just want to know how tough Surfer is. What is the biggest thing he can tank. I have always wondered and never really got a clear answer to it. I get his speed, I get his powers, not too sure on physical strength, but he obviously hit's hard, but no clue on durability.
    his durability is in the planets blow up on him without harm, fight inside black holes, fly through stars sort of land of things.

his durability is in the planets blow up on him without harm, fight inside black holes, fly through stars sort of land of things.
    Well if he could fly in black holes; wouldn't that make him around as durable as Gladiator?

Okay; I'll just get right to it. You know how I am by now, what with the whole "Star busting, solar system busting, etc" shtick. That is kind of what I am looking for(though I was trying a different approach about it). For example: could he survive an attack that takes out half a Solar System like Gladiator?
    Saint Seiya Online:
    ^-my referral

Well if he could fly in black holes; wouldn't that make him around as durable as Gladiator?

Okay; I'll just get right to it. You know how I am by now, what with the whole "Star busting, solar system busting, etc" shtick. That is kind of what I am looking for(though I was trying a different approach about it). For example: could he survive an attack that takes out half a Solar System like Gladiator?
    I get it, it's just not really my shtick. And mayyyybe? In that order.

I get it, it's just not really my shtick. And mayyyybe? In that order.
    Then I really don't see Thor hurting someone like that. With God blast sure, but his normal attacks?

Or does he use magic of some sort? Like some sort of special thunder and lightning?
    Saint Seiya Online:
    ^-my referral

Then I really don't see Thor hurting someone like that. With God blast sure, but his normal attacks?

Or does he use magic of some sort? Like some sort of special thunder and lightning?
    That is precisely what he does. His lightning is magic.

Quote Originally Posted by moonknight11 View Post
    That is precisely what he does. His lightning is magic.
    Oh alright then. Yea that stuff tends to mess with anything that doesn't have a specific resistance to it.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    ^-my referral

is silver surfer stronger than superman? like can he beat him in arm wrestling?

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    is silver surfer stronger than superman? like can he beat him in arm wrestling?
    Wouldn't think so, but what would that have to do with anything? The Surfer's deal is more in durability than strength, his damage output is basically energy blasting based.

Wouldn't think so, but what would that have to do with anything? The Surfer's deal is more in durability than strength, his damage output is basically energy blasting based.
    it doesn't im just asking. can the surfer amp hes strength like thanos?

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

He can at least amp his punches. He's beat down Beta Ray Bill on panel.

Beaten to it, but he can oomph himself out, sure.

Oh alright then. Yea that stuff tends to mess with anything that doesn't have a specific resistance to it.
    For what it's worth, I can see the argument that it should do nothing, the hammer itself has simply managed to function in a particular way that it doesn't damage my sense of plausibility.