Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: forever evil

Question forever evil

Ive been buying the n52 justice league hardcovers and im at the point of forever evil. And looking at the reading order at other sites I didn't realize how many tie ins there are. I read it when it first came out and I think I just read the Trinity war then the main il series and forever evil. Can someone e please confirm if I need the other justice league series and suicide sqaud and Trinity of sin. Etc? ?

That's a lot of books to buy. So if I can get by with just justice league and forever evil what's the proper reading order.

Thanks guys

BANNED

Assuming you aren't taking Trinity War into account, the reading order for just Forever Evil and Justice League would be:

Forever Evil #1
    Forever Evil #2
    Justice League #24
    Forever Evil #3
    Justice League #25
    Forever Evil #4
    Justice League #26
    Justice League #27
    Justice League #28
    Forever Evil #5
    Forever Evil #6
    Justice League #29
    Forever Evil #7

Fantastic Member

You can get by with just Justice League and the main title. Nothing happens in most of the other titles and JL Dark has its own mini event.

Ditto what these guys said. Stick with the main Justice League book and the main Forever Evil book and you'll be fine.

Awesome.

And I will be getting the Trinity war hc. Some of the reviews say the book feels like some issues are missing. The book itself has the 6 or so main Trinity war issues in order. Will I be okay with just this or do I need more to understand Trinity war. Like I think the issue that explains why the jl disappear is a jla tie In. Or am I wrong ?

Thanks again guys

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by mtop2036 View Post
    Awesome.

And I will be getting the Trinity war hc. Some of the reviews say the book feels like some issues are missing. The book itself has the 6 or so main Trinity war issues in order. Will I be okay with just this or do I need more to understand Trinity war. Like I think the issue that explains why the jl disappear is a jla tie In. Or am I wrong ?

Thanks again guys
    Yes you will should be okay with that. But there are little tidbits missing, nothing that you HAVE to read though. The tie-ins are listed in the Trinity War wikipedia entry. As a lifelong Marvel fan, I thought Trinity War wasn't bad, but I really enjoyed Forever Evil.

This HC? http://www.amazon.com/Justice-League.../dp/1401245196

It's not missing anything. The Constantine tie-in was SO good.

I totally loved Forever Evil. Johns is the best villain writer in the business.

I would add Justice League #23.4 and #7.4 though (right before forever evil). Johns wrote those and they explain some stuff (like how Black Adam came back).
    - We were the BEST, Richard. No matter what anyone thinks. - Damian Wayne.

Green Lantern Spanish Fan Site HERE

Yeah, the annoying delays aside, I fricking loved forever evil.

Spectacular Member

Forever Evil is one of the stories from the New 52 that I hope will eventually be made into an animated movie.

Astonishing Member RobinFan4880's Avatar

Forever Evil + Justice League is a solid event. All the other tie-ins were mediocre.

Thanks guys. Just made my order and just stuck with the main jl books Trinity war and forever evil. If I really feel something is missing ill check it out digitally and if I like it a lot then ill pick it up in hc.

the bane one was also pretty sweet.

Which are the good villains issues? And are they collected anywhere besides the omnibus?

Ill probably also pick up all the mini series tie ins like Argus rogues rebellion etc I know most didn't like the bane mini series but I enjoyed it. Just wish the minis were In hardcovers or all put in a deleuxe or omni.

Fantastic Member

In regards to the mini-series:
    Arkham War-basically Bane vs Scarecrow in No Man's Land
    Rogues Rebellion-road trip with the rogues
    ARGUS-tangently related to the main title.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ina heshima kwa Jumuia kama ka View Post
    Assuming you aren't taking Trinity War into account, the reading order for just Forever Evil and Justice League would be:

Forever Evil #1
    Forever Evil #2
    Justice League #24
    Forever Evil #3
    Justice League #25
    Forever Evil #4
    Justice League #26
    Justice League #27
    Justice League #28
    Forever Evil #5
    Forever Evil #6
    Justice League #29
    Forever Evil #7
    That is about all your really need to enjoy the series. The Justice League of America ties ins (issues 8-14) really just tell the story of the Martian Manhunter and Stargirl trying to free the rest of the Justice Leagues from the prison that the Crime Society looked them all up in.