Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Astonishing Member FanboyStranger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ishmael View Post
    That would actually be pretty cool. Pick up things as if the stories had continued on, just unchronicled -- I'd def check out most of them.
    It's been done before, and it's usually a mixed bag. Quantum and Woody by Priest and Bright was one of the best series of the '90s, but when they came back with an issue set exactly the number issues it would have been after they had been cancelled (the first time), it was one of the most incoherent, crazy books I had ever read.

Spectacular Member

For Flash and Wonder Woman I hope for a finale to those creators runs. I like all the creators on those books, but they are not really working for me on those titles. I would like to see the Flash team on a Booster Gold title perhaps. For Finch maybe something off the beaten path like challengers or something. I would say the same for GL but I'm intrigued by the recent developments.

Well, that's a hell of a lot more number 50s than Marvel is gonna have anytime soon!

And the only one of those books I'm still reading is Justice League. I don't think any of the others are worth 3.99, yes, I even gave up on Batman, I think it's good but not great. For 3.99 I want great.

The other books I lost interest in or have no interest in.
    Last edited by BCya; 09-03-2015 at 10:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BCya View Post
    Well, that's a hell of a lot more number 50s than Marvel is gonna have anytime soon!

And the only one of those books I'm still reading is Justice League. I don't think any of the others are worth 3.99 . . .
    Not all the titles listed are currently $3.99 cover price (unless you buy a newsstand copy as opposed to buying it at an LCS).

Quote Originally Posted by Güicho View Post
    Few?
    If Thomas Crown's list is correct, there are currently ZERO characters and concepts created after the 60s that can carry a book past 50.
    Occasionally, a post 60's character appears who gets popular for a while. Ultimately, they die out (the books, not the characters). (Examples at Marvel are Ghost Rider and the Punisher). The only example of a post 1960s character that has succeeded and will likely continue to succeed is Wolverine (again at Marvel). I don't know of any parallel at DC.

Sandy Hausler

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Hausler View Post
    Occasionally, a post 60's character appears who gets popular for a while. Ultimately, they die out (the books, not the characters). (Examples at Marvel are Ghost Rider and the Punisher). The only example of a post 1960s character that has succeeded and will likely continue to succeed is Wolverine (again at Marvel). I don't know of any parallel at DC.

Sandy Hausler
    Harley Quinn is holding on there. Cyborg and Starfire and Raven haven't headlined their own books but they've pretty much been in publication since their creation.